• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rogues Galleries that need to be revamped

The Overlord

Superhero
Reaction score
Which mU rogues galleries need to be revamped? I say Iron Man's and daredevil's, both have alot of chareacters with potenial.

With Iron Man there a ton of rogues that be good if they were revamped, perhaps someone can upgrade their tech so they stand a better chance against IM:

The Controller: Perhaps give him a new costume and your set to go. He has elements of a good villain: a psychopathic personality, a good motive and cool gimmick. Just upgrade his costume and his technology (mind control nano bots instead of his old "slave" discs) and your good to go.

The Ghost: Again there is nothing wrong with his villain he is merely underused. Again he his ideals are the opposite of Iron Man's he has fanatical hatred of corporations and is willing to sacerfice his own life to achieve his goals. In some ways he as an anti thesis to Iron Man's views. Just give him his old costume back your good to go.

Living Laser: His powers make him more then a match for Iron Man. Plus he has a creepy stalker thing that has been around since the silver age: take a look at his first appearance and his interest in the Wasp. Another fine underused villain.

Crimson Dynamo or Titanium Man: Its time to make one of Iron Man's old armoured foes a threat again. Here is an idea: in Russia a group of ultra nationalists are planning on overthrowing the government and replacing it with a facist style dictatorship. The leader of this movement is an old school Russian general who has over seen quite a few campaigns in afghanistan in the 80s and is a ingenius tactian. The group gets ahold of old model of either the one of those armors and the general decides to use it to overthrow the Russian government. When Iron man stops him, the general bares a grudge against him.

There are also a ton of DD villains that could be interesting if they were used better:

Purple Man has already been revamped, but he should be a DD rogue again.

Mr. Hyde is supposed evil incarinate, but in most of his appearances he comes across a generic thug at best and a goof at worst. He could be a cunning bloodthristy monster, a truly evil creature who matches his name sake, instead of the thug/goof we have now.

Bullet could be a sympathetic figure if the focus was put on his need to commit crimes to take care of his autistic son, rather than just treating him like a thug.

Bushwacker is a holy roller, it would be an interesting conflict with DD who uses his religious beliefs to good deeds with Bushwacker, who uses his religious beliefs to justify evil deeds.

I think Mr. fear could work as well, give him a better costume (make him look like the Grim reaper instead of skeletor) and establish which version of Mr. fear will be DD's new arch foe.

I want to see Hyde as he was back in Under Siege beating the crap out of Jarvis,not the Hyde who got owned in Young Avengers.

since he getting a new series
iron fists rogues gallery

DD actually does has a pretty good gallery. At least after Bendis molded the majority of them. Gladiator is so much better now than he ever was. Owl rocks. Kingpin, Bullseye, Typhoid Mary, these are all great villains. Purple Man is quite interesting. Now guys like the Madidor could use some help.

I think the F4 need some help with the rogues. I mean after Doom, the best thing they've got is Mole man. Thats kinda sad. Diablo could be a major player after a serious revamp. Blastaar was always interesting, but never had much prominence. Hell, even Annihulis could use some help.

Good point about Iron Man though.

jaydawg said:
DD actually does has a pretty good gallery. At least after Bendis molded the majority of them. Gladiator is so much better now than he ever was. Owl rocks. Kingpin, Bullseye, Typhoid Mary, these are all great villains. Purple Man is quite interesting. Now guys like the Madidor could use some help.

I think the F4 need some help with the rogues. I mean after Doom, the best thing they've got is Mole man. Thats kinda sad. Diablo could be a major player after a serious revamp. Blastaar was always interesting, but never had much prominence. Hell, even Annihulis could use some help.

Good point about Iron Man though.

I disagree about Bendis' handling of DD's rogues, Bullseye and Kingpin were
already good villains, its not like Bendis do anything to improve them because they were already good, though I thought Kingpin and Bullseye went down like punks in the Hardcore arc. In Out he easily beat Mr. Hyde with a mailbox, Hyde came off as goofy thug instead of any sort of real threat, which seems like a waste.

In Lowlife Owl came across as idiot and DD took out Owl with a few punches, it didn't seem like he was much of a threat there either. Typhoid Mary made a good appearance, but again, it was just one appearance, its not like she had an arc of her own. Purple Man was a good revamp, but he never appeared in DD under Bendis watch. I think bendis' run on DD was good and did some interesting things with some DD villains, but there still a lot of work that needs to be done there.

As for the FF, Annihilus has his own crossover event what more do you want? One villain I think has a potenial is the Mad Thinker, his super computer brain allows him to be the only human enemy who can pose intellectual threat to Reed that is different from Dr. Doom's. Thinker's abilty to predict almost anything makes him a dangerous foe and Reed would have to engage in in unconvential thinking to defeat him. Thinker could be the kiind of villain who makes DCU's Oracle look like an novice in comparsion when it comes to computers and information gathering. Thinker can create a secret empire of criminal information, organize super villain attacks and cause disasters across the world with ease. He could be very dangerous if written well.

purple could be so amazing...does anyone remember back in alias when he screwed around with jessica jones and ant man? pyschics can be deadly which is just downright frightening. i also like the idea of bringing daredevil to a different city with new villians. Let him goto like detroit or philly and have some throwndowns with long lost characters in cities that NO superheroes are practically ever seen in. revamp his scenery and you can revamp the rest ( not that i dont like daredevil. its one of the best books out there right now )

I wouldn't mind seeing Brubaker's take on the Serpent Society, given what he's done so far with Cap's rogues.

CombatRock319 said:
purple could be so amazing...does anyone remember back in alias when he screwed around with jessica jones and ant man? pyschics can be deadly which is just downright frightening. i also like the idea of bringing daredevil to a different city with new villians. Let him goto like detroit or philly and have some throwndowns with long lost characters in cities that NO superheroes are practically ever seen in. revamp his scenery and you can revamp the rest ( not that i dont like daredevil. its one of the best books out there right now )

Are you saying PM was used poorly in New Avengers and Thunderbolts. PM has already been revamped, he just needs to fight DD again, instead of wandering around MU.

jaydawg said:

Yeah! It ain't like Annihilus has EVER been a threat to the universe...wiping out entire planets or anything....and Galactus? What's up with THAT guy? Yeah, Moleman is WAY kewler than THOSE dweebs.

In fact; i'd EASILY place Moleman over other FF rogues such as Abraxas, Aron The Rogue Watcher, The Frightful Four, Ronan, or Super-Skrull, because it's not like any of those lame-asses have EVER defeated the FF, or otherwise posed a universal threat before....Hell, even FORMER ff rogues like Namor, The Inhumans, and Black Panther...those suck-fests haven't contributed HALF to the Marvel Universe that Molman has...

Yup. After they created Moleman, Stan & Jack should have just called it a day...

I mean...why bother, at THAT point...y'know?

Brubaker is revamping Matador. Bendis did a pretty damn good job with the DD rogues that he could. The only one that's pretty unsalvagable is Stilt-Man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"