How I Spent My Opening Weekend...

Son of Thunder

Civilian
Reaction score
Thought I’d kick off a thread to talk about anything special folks did over the weekend to celebrate the movie release.

I saw Thor twice, once in 3D at the Thurs/Fri Midnight show and then again in 2D on Friday night. The theater was packed for both showings and the crowds seemed into it (cheering and laughing appropriately). I was really surprised to see how many people stuck around to see the after credits scene – guess word is out among the GM that it isn’t over till it’s over.

I also did a little Thor promotion of my own on Saturday afternoon at my local Free Comic Book Day. I showed up in my Thor costume (PICS BELOW) and found myself surrounded by the Lone Star Green Lantern Corps (Note: I need to start a Lone Star Thor Corps J). Despite our summer blockbuster rivalry, the GL crew were very nice. People naturally assumed I’d seen the movie so I gave lots of positive reviews to people, encouraging them to see Thor that night. I ended up winning 1st prize in the costume contest too. All in all a very memorable weekend to cap 23 years as a Thor fan.

THGLSUP.jpg

fullgroup.jpg

ThorGLSuptight.jpg

heh Congrats SOT! The only Costume contest I won was in my Viking outfit at the Comic shop up north. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"