How many Wii will be at your store on launch?

Yes. And I wouldn't have to get up early. Its a win win.

Getting up at 4am one day for a Wii is well worth it.

Walmart Wii launch details
November 8th, 2006

The picture of the Wii Walmart flyer we recieved last week has made the rounds on the internet. That same picture eventually made it’s way to Joystiq, who have done some research to get the real info on a Wii midnight launch. First up, the info from their original post (which we posted on last week).

* Software and accessories are not street dated, stores can put those out upon receipt

* Price is $249.24 (75 cents cheaper and matches NeoGaf poster price)

* 11/16, Wii product will arrive direct to Wal-Mart stores. Same day, the accessories for Wii will be set out

* 11/18, at 10PM, tickets will be passed out for midnight sales

* Start selling Wii on 11/19 at 12:01AM

* Our tipster said he had 50 Wii tickets, but the actual amount of units arriving is unknown. (should be no less than 20)

Now the info from their recent findings

* A Walmart midnight launch has not been confirmed, even though the flyer clearly states it

* Wii preorders are online only, but have currently been closed due to high demand. They may reopen them before the 19th

* RUMOR - All Walmarts should have a cardboard display case filled with *Wii Buyer’s Guide* if they don’t have one already

* RUMOR - Walmarts are restocking Cube supplies due to the backwards compatibility of the Wii

Hhmm.... probably the same for Canada and I still have my Wal-Mart Merchandiser Rep name tag from when I worked with Kraft Canada. Walk in on Saturday at lunch, snoop around, steal a Wii, leave out the recieving door.... Yeah foolproof.

Hm..... wait in line at 10 on saturday or wake up early on sunday.......

Best Buy in Canada (and I'm guessing Future Shop since they're owned by the same company) will open at 8AM on Nov.19. Of course I live in the one province that will open at Noon because of all the religious people. Wii goes on sale online at 8am EST on their site.

The Movie Gallery/Game Zone I use to work for is only getting 7 Wiis. I'll be getting one of those 7. Heh. :)

So now I'll wait outside Walmart from 8 p.m. to 10, and if I don't get a Wii from them, I'll go to Target! I love two-tier strategies!

I can confirm that Walmart is doing a midnight launch. They put out a flyer stating as such today. It says that Wiis will be sold starting at 12:01 on 11/19 and that each store will have a MINIMUM of 20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"