The Dark Knight Nolan talks the Dark Knight (8/39

But Two Face is such a sexy hotty!!
Thats what I like about his character, the contrast..hot/not!

ahem...what do the jackets look like?

You are not going to get a smoking hot 36+ year old that can play intimidating - which is what you are going to need for a District Attorney Harvey Dent.

Now if they make him an Assnt. D.A. it opens up the possibility of people like Jake Gyllenhaal...which I could support.

StorminNorman said:
You are not going to get a smoking hot 36+ year old that can play intimidating - which is what you are going to need for a District Attorney Harvey Dent.
Bana :heart:

The only thing preventing me from liking Bana is the fact that he is the Hulk :(

StorminNorman said:
The only thing preventing me from liking Bana is the fact that he is the Hulk :(

I can't remember the link, but I don't think he is doing The Hulk sequel.

IMO Eric Bana would be excellent.

The more I think about it, the more I feel we're gonna get a younger Assistant DA for Dent in TDK.

Yea, but still - I would prefer to stay away from casting lead characters into key supporting roles. Thats why I wouldnt want Hugh Jackman either.

hmm for younger (since no one wants Jake :( ) besides Phillipe ,Josh Hartnett?
Not sure about his acting abilities though.

...My interest would sort of be to move on from that and to do something quite different...
For some reason after reading this, I get butterflys in my stomach.

StorminNorman said:

From what i understand from what has been rumoured.....Bana wants nothing to do with the Hulk sequel. When I look at his schedule in IMDB....he won't be busy filming anything else in the next year....at least not yet. Plus look act some those pics of him in a suit at IMDB.....he screams Dent!

StorminNorman said:
Yea, but still - I would prefer to stay away from casting lead characters into key supporting roles. Thats why I wouldnt want Hugh Jackman either.

yeah but Bana isn't really a superstar lead IMO. Jackman is.....but Bana is the type of actor right now who is a solid thesp whi is on his way to be being s star.....who can also just slip right into a role without any type of ego getting in the way.

7Hells said:
hmm for younger (since no one wants Jake :( ) besides Phillipe ,Josh Hartnett?
Not sure about his acting abilities though.

i would accept Jake as Dent......but he would bring an unecessary distraction now that Ledger is Joker unfortunately...

Ya that seems to be the consensus.
Poor guy, he is the only actor Ive heard of thats a huge comic book fan and he cant seem to catch a break :(
He's definately weird looking enough to be a comic book character :p

7Hells said:
Ya that seems to be the consensus.
Poor guy, he is the only actor Ive heard of thats a huge comic book fan and he cant seem to catch a break :(
He's definately weird looking enough to be a comic book character :p

I think Gyllenhaal would be a good Kyle Raynor in a GL film. Heck, maybe even Wally West in the Flash film?

Maybe he means better editing for TDK.

I CAN'T WAIT.

My problem with Gyllenhaal isn't just his age, it's also his voice. Two-Face needs a deep, intimidating voice, as does Harvey Dent. Schreiber's got that, Jake... not so much.

Excel said:
because the blueprint is what makes the movie! i wouldnt change A THING....

that doesnt mean alarm doesnt go off in my head when a man says basically "everybody loved the last product so this time, we think its smart to go as different as possible".

quite frankly, it doesnt make sense.

So you'd like another 50 minutes of background story at the start of a sequel? Interesting

Seemed ok to what he said. I think he did meet expectations with the first one but that depends on who you ask. Of course the film is gonna go in a different direction compared to the first one cause the first one was an origin story but he seemed careful enough to put together a good story for the first one. People should give Goyer some credit for that, but I think Chris bro can do the same.

I think bana is perfect, like someone said he's not a superstar like hugh but that's for the better, he's in a big way like christian, he chooses roles that are on the psychological side or complex in terms of the characters nature. I think he could be a great HD.

Katsuro said:
My problem with Gyllenhaal isn't just his age, it's also his voice. Two-Face needs a deep, intimidating voice, as does Harvey Dent. Schreiber's got that, Jake... not so much.

Agreed, but also I'd say that Gyllenhaal just doesn't look right for this role.

Nah, Bana is great actor, but I think Jackman would be better choice.

Besides, I doubt Bana has time for TDK and the same i can say about Jackman :(

Bana and Jackman both are going to get the "he was already in a comic movie" treatment by fans. Regardless, they'd both be very good Dents, IMO.

neuther are good for this role, infact i don't know what has possibly made anyone think otherwise. Not sayin they r bad actors, just all wrong for Dent. Personally i want a young-ish(27yr old) slick, good-looking, suave dude to play dent. i always loved TAS's version.

Bana is WAYYY closer to TAS Dent than Gyllenhaal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"