The Dark Knight Nolan talks the Dark Knight (8/39

The part about not wanting to do a retread of BB and wanting to push things forward and try new things is very promising :up:

hunter rider said:
The part about not wanting to do a retread of BB and wanting to push things forward and try new things is very promising :up:

Even though it is promising as you say, Its also getting me a bit nervious in the sense that TDK should not be a carbon copy of BB but they shouldnt change the formula completely. I mean I want a more psychological story but not to the extreme, I also want an action packed and at the same time character driven, film with all the elements that made begins the great film it is. If you know what I mean, Nolan can do whatever he wants as long as he keeps balancing the action, character moments, epic scale and dramatic elements as he did in begins. And Iam sure he will:batty:

Ronny Shade said:
Bana is WAYYY closer to TAS Dent than Gyllenhaal

Yeah but TAS Dent sucks.(seriously, Big Bad Harv?!) The Long Halloween ftw!

The BEST is TLH version :up:

longhalloweenchap13035oz0.jpg

Katsuro said:
Yeah but TAS Dent sucks.(seriously, Big Bad Harv?!) The Long Halloween ftw!
I like parts of TAS Dent, but I agree Loeb's interpretation is much better.

Dent was one of the weaker parts of an otherwise fantastic TV show. He needed more depth.

superkong 500 said:
I think bana is perfect, like someone said he's not a superstar like hugh but that's for the better, he's in a big way like christian, he chooses roles that are on the psychological side or complex in terms of the characters nature. I think he could be a great HD.

i think I said something like that.....but yeah...I think Bana should be a candidate for Dent.

Bana is quite cool, he was great in Troy and I liked him as Bruce Banner. Bana for Dent. He looks quite the same age as Christian Bale. Dent shouldnt be a too young guy. Vote Bana. Phillipe looks too young.

I would rather Bana than Phillippe, but Joaquin all the way

bana is sadly very underrated as an actor and comedian

In TAS they didn't use the courtroom scene, I want Nolan to use that in TDK from TLH.

Two Face said:
In TAS they didn't use the courtroom scene, I want Nolan to use that in TDK from TLH.

What was the TAS origin? I can't remember it very well, but I do remember it was kinda weak.

yeah he is underrated, did you watch MUNICH ?
Great acting by Bana. In fact dont know any movie were he was bad or not good. I think the Australian can play a twisted mind and he looks cool and smooth like Harvey Dent in LONG Halloween.

He fits and he looks like a man, not a kid (nothing against Phillipe, but his LOOK is too young).

Bale said:
yeah he is underrated, did you watch MUNICH ?
Great acting by Bana. In fact dont know any movie were he was bad or not good. I think the Australian can play a twisted mind and he looks cool and smooth like Harvey Dent in LONG Halloween.

He fits and he looks like a man, not a kid (nothing against Phillipe, but his LOOK is too young).

He was kickass in Chopper and would probably make a wonderful Harvey Dent and a sadistic, emotional Two-Face.

Mr. Vice said:
What was the TAS origin? I can't remember it very well, but I do remember it was kinda weak.

Well it was very different anyway here's TAS infro:

Once Gotham City's distinguished District Attorney, Harvey Dent was known as a true guardian of law and order. On the cusp of apprehending mob boss Rupert Thorne, Thorne learned of Dent's other side and knew if it was exploited it could ruin Dent's career. When a fight ensued between Dent and Thorne's men, a freak explosion destroyed the left side of Dent's body. The trauma was powerful enough to force his alternate personality to dominate, and left Harvey in a state where right and wrong no longer held any meaning.

He becomes Two Face. He feels as though this is the way he was meant to be, living in a world of chaos, without the order and justice he once upheld and believed in. His world revolves around chance, more importantly the flip of his coin. It is no ordinary coin as it is double sided, clean on one side, and covered by scars on the other. Every decision Two Face makes falls on the flip of his coin. It is judge, jury and executioner. When the "Good Heads" turns up Harvey is in control. When it's "Bad Heads" however Two Face shines and becomes more dominant than Harvey can ever be. Yet there always seems to be a piece of Harvey which is strong enough to linger within the mind of Two Face when he is committing his ungodly acts. However, Two Face is the dominant personality.

http://www.batmantas.com/

Cinemaman said:
Nah, Bana is great actor, but I think Jackman would be better choice.

Besides, I doubt Bana has time for TDK and the same i can say about Jackman :(

if you look at their shooting schedules in IMDB.....Jackman is waaaaaay booked. Bana only has one or two projects that are in pre-production and that are not filming yet.

Sure TAS Two-Face origin is very good but I prefer Batman: The Long Halloween as obviously you can see on my avatar!

Mr. Vice said:
He was kickass in Chopper and would probably make a wonderful Harvey Dent and a sadistic, emotional Two-Face.

VOTE AUSTRALIAN. International cast like in the last one is a great thing.

Chopper is one of the BEST movies (Craziest) I have ever watched. He was a lunatic, if the rest of you never heard of it = GET IT and watch what he is capable of....

Mr.Vice are there any pictures of Chopper by Bana around ? Maybe we can post it here.

Sorry German
http://www.fantasyfilmfest.com/fantasy/filme2001/Chopper.html

Two Face said:
Sure TAS Two-Face origin is very good but I prefer Batman: The Long Halloween as obviously you can see on my avatar!

:o TAS origin can't even touch TLH origin.

Bale said:
VOTE AUSTRALIAN. International cast like in the last one is a great thing.

Chopper is one of the BEST movies (Craziest) I have ever watched. He was a lunatic, if the rest of you never heard of it = GET IT and watch what he is capable of....

Mr.Vice are there any pictures of Chopper by Bana around ? Maybe we can post it here.

I look around...

Mr. Vice said:
:o TAS origin can't even touch TLH origin.

Well Nolan can mix with two origin and you can have the Two-Face voice and Dent having different voice that's why Nolan needs to cast an actor can do both someone like Liev Scheiber, Eric Bana or Joaquin Pheonix who can can do it and get be great with Bale's Batman/Bruce with Gary Oldman's Lt James Gordon.

Two Face said:
Well Nolan can mix with two origin and you can have the Two-Face voice and Dent having different voice that's why Nolan needs to cast an actor can do both someone like Liev Scheiber, Eric Bana or Joaquin Pheonix who can can do it and get be great with Bale's Batman/Bruce with Gary Oldman's Lt James Gordon.

I could live with the different voices, which seperates Dent and Two-Face better, but I don't want Dent's origin to be like TAS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"