How old were you when you got your first job?

Hobgoblin

Veritas veritatum
Reaction score
A coworker was once complaining about a kid that we worked with that was in his 20's and had never worked previously. She asked how old I was when I first got hired and I said I started looking when I was 17 but didn't get hired until I was 18. I worked in the kitchen of a hospital, washing dishes.

So I'm curious, how old were you when you had your first real, outside of the house job?

Last edited:
17, I was a grocery store bagger; oddly enough, I got the job on my birthday.

19 working in a bakery of the supermarket.

15 .

My first official job was a dishwasher at a seafood restaurant. I also worked with my dad doing tile work and picked up some other odd jobs before then.

17. Worked at a pizza restaurant.

16. Mcdonalds. Worked there til after high school.

My first official job was right out of high school when I was 18, but I'd done odd jobs for years before then to make extra cash.

13 - Paperboy
14 - Kitchen assistant
16 - Retail job (fitting rooms)
18 - Retail job (cashier)
19 - Retail (sales) + Prof's Assistant
20 - Motion Graphics Designer and Picture Editor
21 - Office job + Freelance Filmmaker

18, "Courtesy Clerk", which actually is just a grocery bagger.

Well we asked for your age when you got your first job.

17 - Kroger bagger/cart getter/cashier

19, asking people to take surveys at the mall.

"Do you like beans? Do you like George Wendt? Do you like George Wendt eating beans?"

I was 16 and the job was... (wait for it)... working at the comic book shop across the street from my high school.

The first job I had which earned me money that did not come from family members was when I was around 12 or 13. As a paper boy.

However, my first full time job I started when I was a few months short of my 17th birthday.

I was 24. Oh yes.

Why so late you ask? Because of a whole lot of bad luck. I did heaps of volunteering before that though which sort of counts as my first job

17 - Park Counselor in the Summer then Video Store in the Fall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"