How old were your parents when you were born?

Hobgoblin

Veritas veritatum
Reaction score
People always go on about how old my parents were when I was born. Mom was 33 and Dad was 39. My brother was born 3 years later. I guess that it kind of old but it never seemed so odd to me. Personally, I cant imagine being a parent at 20.

So how wold were your folks when you were born?

People always go on about how old my parents were when I was born. Mom was 33 and Dad was 39. My brother was born 3 years later. I guess that it kind of old but it never seemed so odd to me. Personally, I cant imagine being a parent at 20.

This is all a social construct. I haven't looked at the statistics, but my guess is that people are waiting longer to have families for a variety of reasons. There is no reason in the world to think that starting a family in your 30s is "late". In fact, I can think of a LOT of reasons to wait until then for most people.

Exactly. I'd rather they be older than too young.

If I ever become a dad, I’m going to be an old dad. I’m already 36 :nrv:

Mom was 21 and dad was 25, but I was not planned for.

My great grandmother was married and had her first child at 14. My mom's mom was 17 and my mom's dad was in his 30s when they had my mom.

Both of my parents were 30 going on 31 when I was born. My sister was born shortly after they turned 21. Though I don't think she was planned. They weren't married at the time.

My maternal grandparents eloped. My grandmother was 18 and my grandfather was 23. My grandmother had my uncle the day after her 19th birthday.

Dad was 27, Mum was 31. About two years after they got married. My grandparents were pretty similar ages as far as I recall

Ive never understood wanting to have kids young, but I also don't understand people that get married and immediately start trying to get pregnant. Id want to have 2 or 3 years with my spouse so we can really enjoy each other and to take the time for us to figure out our dynamic and lifestyle before bringing a baby into the mix.

Ive never understood wanting to have kids young, but I also don't understand people that get married and immediately start trying to get pregnant. Id want to have 2 or 3 years with my spouse so we can really enjoy each other and to take the time for us to figure out our dynamic and lifestyle before bringing a baby into the mix.

You see, people are idiots who don't have basic foresight

(obviously there are exceptions, but I do reckon the reason most of the time that it happens young is the above)

You see, people are idiots who don't have basic foresight

(obviously there are exceptions, but I do reckon the reason most of the time that it happens young is the above)
Pretty much agree with both of you. There are exceptions, but there are a lot of reasons to wait to have children.

M&D were both 35, 36 later that year (1975) which for the era was 'very late', but in today's society, seems 'par of the course'....

my parents were 39.

my mom had my oldest sister at 16, married at the time to her first husband. my brother was born in '71, and me in '85. i was a total oops.

My parents were 25 and 27.

My grandmother was 19 when she had my dad who was the eldest of 3.

There are various reasons we have seen a trend towards people having kids later than previous generations.

I could not imagine having a kid in my teens or early twenties. I feel far more mentally and emotionally equipped to have a kid now I am in my thirties than I would have before.

I was the third born for my mom, dad's first born. They were both 38 when I was born. My mom was in her early 20s when my sisters were born, the youngest of whom is 13 years older than me. My brother came about 15 months after me.

Not sure how interesting this would be, but my parents were born in 1939, and met in late 50s. I was born in 1966, and here we go. My elderly mother always claims though that it was such a bright sunny day back in 9th of June 1966, hence I always say that the 9th of June will always be an awesome sunny day.

Of course that day are sometimes fantasticly sunnny, but sometines also full of rain lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"