Apocalypse How powerful will Jean be?

I just saw X1 again after all these years and wow was Jean weak. She seemed like a new student as opposed to someone who's been there since forever.

She did not look like a new student to me. LOL. But she was definitely holding back when it comes to her mutant powers.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Jean again but not having seen DOFP yet and knowing the ending, I hope Singer and co don't screw her up. She was fine in X1 but great in X2... So...thing I'm worried about is are we going to see most of the original cast in this movie? Like...how far will they go to keep the cast intact to a certain extent until they had enough? Famke is getting up there...and so is Hugh...James is still young but he's getting up there too. As much as I want to see the old cast back for more X-films, I feel its time the rights for X-men reverts back to Marvel so Marvel can at least start fresh with new blood. But that as hell not going to happen in our life time. I understand X-Men is fox's baby at this time but one way or another, Fox needs to learn to let that go. It's always been Marvel's baby and its time for them to do their character's justice!

If Famke join the cast of the film, I dont want to keep her like a secret surprise (again) like they did in X3,The Wolverine and DoFP...I want them to promo her like they did with the old cast in DoFP, with posters and interviews. I need to see Famke with flame eyes after 8 years.

The actress for young Jean will be hard compared to Famke so she has to be perfect and of course to work hard and search this role.

They kind of already are.

I mean...fresh with new blood, meaning find new actors playing Jean, Scott and Logan, etc and etc. and I am not talking about actors playing the character as children but actors playing the characters in their young adult lives.

If Famke join the cast of the film, I dont want to keep her like a secret surprise (again) like they did in X3,The Wolverine and DoFP...I want them to promo her like they did with the old cast in DoFP, with posters and interviews. I need to see Famke with flame eyes after 8 years.

The actress for young Jean will be hard compared to Famke so she has to be perfect and of course to work hard and search this role.

I don't think famke will be involved at All tbh, if the OT are involved I can see it being certainly Hugh and maybe perhaps Ian and Patrick, i don't think the others will even be thought about

Last edited:
I don't think famke will be involved at All tbh, if the OT are involved I can see it being certainly Hugh and maybe perhaps Ian and Patrick, i don't think the others will even be thought about

:csad: I was thinking the same thing about The Wolverine's and DoFP's cameos but it happened...so the only thing we have to do is .."HOPE" :cwink:

That's the thing it would most likely be a cameo, you gotta think is there any real purpose for a cameo, let alone one worth marketing

See I don't think Ian will be involved with Apoacalypse at all.

If there are scenes set In future It will likely be ones seen In ending of DOFP.

Since Kinberg has said some of Original Cast that may mean more than Hugh
jackman and Patrick Stewart.

I'd like to see Jean again but not having seen DOFP yet and knowing the ending, I hope Singer and co don't screw her up. She was fine in X1 but great in X2... So...thing I'm worried about is are we going to see most of the original cast in this movie? Like...how far will they go to keep the cast intact to a certain extent until they had enough? Famke is getting up there...and so is Hugh...James is still young but he's getting up there too. As much as I want to see the old cast back for more X-films, I feel its time the rights for X-men reverts back to Marvel so Marvel can at least start fresh with new blood. But that as hell not going to happen in our life time. I understand X-Men is fox's baby at this time but one way or another, Fox needs to learn to let that go. It's always been Marvel's baby and its time for them to do their character's justice!

With DOFP crossing the $700 million mark. Fox's returning the rights would be a very bad business decision.

Well my point is this, Why did fox ruin much of the X-men by making X3 and Wolverine origins? Those two films alone should not have been made. period!

But with DOFP fixing the timeline...it doesn't help knowing that X3 and Wolverine origins still exist even if you watch them. Personally, I haven't watched those two films in a while and I don't mean to ever again. I love to see them redo the Phoenix storyline but that's not going to happen any time soon if they stick with the same old cast members. And the cure? well, that should have been its own movie.

I'm just saying, if Marvel had the rights, at least their movies would be more decent enough than butchering most of the characters, ie: Cyclops, Jean Grey and Storm.

I'm just saying, if Marvel had the rights, at least their movies would be more decent enough than butchering most of the characters, ie: Cyclops, Jean Grey and Storm.

The problem I see is that I believe that Marvel would not embrace some of the darker aspects of the series. I doubt that under them, we would have ever seen something like the beginning at the concentration camp in X-Men 1.

Not only that, but they are also guilty of butchering storylines and characters as well. Most notable to me was Iron Man 2, which was a mess and I believe John Favreau said it is the closest that they would ever get to doing the Demon in the Bottle story in a movie, which disappoints me greatly.

--------

Starting with Apocalypse, it looks to me as if the focus is going to shift onto the younger versions of Jean, Cyclops, and Storm. They are likely going to be the focus of the main franchise movies for the next decade. With Jean and Scott as part of the main focus, it leads to more exploration of their relationship, especially since with how much Logan is older than her in Apocalypse. And that relationship with Jean and Scott lends itself to things like having Mr. Sinister as the main villain, giving the viewers a break from Magneto.

Oh jesus:whatever: Fox just returning rights to Disney:doh: In what world would a major studio that just passed 700 Million WW just turn them over for nothing to rival studio:doh:

Fox which bought film rights to X-Men in 1990's when Disney had no Intrest In marvel and helped revive the genre with first X-Men after the kiddie and campy B&R all but killed it needs to let go of X-men:cmad:

X-Men always being marvel's baby:whatever: that's a joke. No X-Men animated shows since Anime In 2011.They are killing off the most popular
X-Man wolverine In Comics.Yeah that shows how much they value X-Men.
Rumor is marvel will reboot the comic universe without X-Men and mutants.
Covers for marvel's 75th annivsary without X-Men on it.

As for the claim only disney would do X-Men justice that's matter of debate.X-Men is more than just being in colorful costumes.

Evolution Jean is probably a good example of where I'd like to see Jean at. She never became Phoenix in that series (though there were hints in the final episode) but she was pretty powerful by season 4 and wasn't afraid to be offensive with her powers.

tumblr_m7whjbZzTZ1rwr5fwo2_250.gif

tumblr_m7whjbZzTZ1rwr5fwo1_250.gif

tumblr_m7whjbZzTZ1rwr5fwo3_250.gif

tumblr_m7whjbZzTZ1rwr5fwo4_250.gif

2nu6qhe.gif

Oh jesus:whatever: Fox just returning rights to Disney:doh: In what world would a major studio that just passed 700 Million WW just turn them over for nothing to rival studio:doh:

Fox which bought film rights to X-Men in 1990's when Disney had no Intrest In marvel and helped revive the genre with first X-Men after the kiddie and campy B&R all but killed it needs to let go of X-men:cmad:

X-Men always being marvel's baby:whatever: that's a joke. No X-Men animated shows since Anime In 2011.They are killing off the most popular
X-Man wolverine In Comics.Yeah that shows how much they value X-Men.
Rumor is marvel will reboot the comic universe without X-Men and mutants.
Covers for marvel's 75th annivsary without X-Men on it.

As for the claim only disney would do X-Men justice that's matter of debate.X-Men is more than just being in colorful costumes.

Yes truth!!!!

Evolution Jean is probably a good example of where I'd like to see Jean at. She never became Phoenix in that series (though there were hints in the final episode) but she was pretty powerful by season 4 and wasn't afraid to be offensive with her powers.

2nu6qhe.gif
I would love this, Jean and Storm were my favorite part of Xmen Evolution. I think this is a good level of power Jean should be showing without her going overboard. They need to make another great XMen cartoon like this or TAS its past the time.

Id love to see Jean doing that to Mystique in the next movie, throwing Jennifer off in a matter of seconds, lol. Id scream on the theatre with happiness and laughs, lol

I'm just hoping for someone who can use their TK in a strong and also clever way.

2nu6qhe.gif

They did have plans to make her the Phoenix if they'd have gotten another season.

Damnit! Now I wanna watch all of evolution. Yeah I seriously hope Jean has stronger powers in apoc. She is one of my favourites. I didnt mind her progression in the films until X3 because it did appear she was gonna go Firebird Phoenix in Singers 3 which would have been better than the depressed Scarlet Witch we basically got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"