Comics What power level should Jean return with?

Warren doesn't need anything more than the wings. That's what goes wrong with his character every time. They try to make him 'more' even though he's already badass enough with just the wings. He's the best aerialist on the team, and has single-handedly owned the Thunderbolts.

And Poccy's plans probably culminated in the energy wings and the healing of War.

Why would apocalypse want to heal War? Shouldn't he want to kill those servants that aren't fit to survive?

And those issues with the T-Bolts rocked

People only want Warren to have his metal wings back because they view him as useless without them. What everyone seems to be forgetting is that his feathered wings look awesome. Archangel's not a fighter. He's a rescuer. And I think it's good to have an X-man who can't take on an army by himself. Use him for recon, search & rescue, and healing allies. And god knows he can kick someone's ass in a fist fight, anyway.

Why would apocalypse want to heal War? Shouldn't he want to kill those servants that aren't fit to survive?

And those issues with the T-Bolts rocked
Well, maybe the healing wasn't part of Poccy's plan. The energy wings definitely were though.

In my fic I have Angel as the leader of the Church of Humanity, bent on erradicating mutantkind (obvioulsy he think the Lord sent him and he truly is an angel instead of a mutie) and he kicked the X-Men's ass :p

Warren has rocked with metal wings, energy wings and feather wings. He just needs to stay in the spotlight after MC. It would be a shame for him to slip off back into limbo

My plan would be to reveal why Apoc healed Warren and would play into the return of Apocalypse.
Warren isnt useless without the metal wings...they just made him more useful in a scrap. yes he should be brought back...actually all the Xmen need to be brought back, Storm too

Warren doesn't need anything more than the wings. That's what goes wrong with his character every time. They try to make him 'more' even though he's already badass enough with just the wings. He's the best aerialist on the team, and has single-handedly owned the Thunderbolts.

All that's great and everything but I still think he would be more useful if he had his metal or energy wings.

At the very least they should make him like Swift from the Authority

After being fully activated by Christine Trelane, she has the ability to grow wings from her back at will as well as claws and talons on her hands and feet. Consequently, she is called the "fastest winged mammal on the planet." She has flown fast enough to catch superspeedsters. Enhanced strength and durability are shown, including an incident where Swift flew straight through a person, causing them to explode in all directions. She has some birdlike enhanced senses; apart from superior hearing and eyesight, she is able to feel or "read" the air to locate moving things. She can also retract her claws and talons and shed her wings, which eventually decompose into liquid, although she no longer does this since joining the Authority.

In my fic I have Angel as the leader of the Church of Humanity, bent on erradicating mutantkind (obvioulsy he think the Lord sent him and he truly is an angel instead of a mutie) and he kicked the X-Men's ass :p

Now that's the kind of track I'd like to see taken by Marvel next time they start up an alternate universe book...

I mean, could you imagine if Ultimate Warren had been something like that? Now THERE'S an interesting storyline.

Then you could have Nightcrawler lead an opposing church, something demonic obviously, and they could clash...

I try to make things very different in this fic I'm writing. For example Ororo is deluded enough to believe she is an actual goddess, even though she's just a mutant, while Jean is completely crazy and fears the birds will kill her and everyone else. Kitty was just transformed into a cat-like person and it might be permanent, while Summers and Gambit are the leaders of the Marauders. Wanda is the "black sheep" of Magneto's family, he is very dissapointed with her, while Lorna is his favorite (and a *****) and Pietro is just inssuferable (some things never change I guess). I'd reveal who the Black Queen of the Hellfire Club is if I had written it already but it's kinda of a shocker and I don't want to ruin it for those that are reading it :p

All that's great and everything but I still think he would be more useful if he had his metal or energy wings.

After being fully activated by Christine Trelane, she has the ability to grow wings from her back at will as well as claws and talons on her hands and feet. Consequently, she is called the "fastest winged mammal on the planet." She has flown fast enough to catch superspeedsters. Enhanced strength and durability are shown, including an incident where Swift flew straight through a person, causing them to explode in all directions. She has some birdlike enhanced senses; apart from superior hearing and eyesight, she is able to feel or "read" the air to locate moving things. She can also retract her claws and talons and shed her wings, which eventually decompose into liquid, although she no longer does this since joining the Authority.

Warren does have enhanced eyesight but much like Scott's ability to read angles, Storm's magic talent and Rogue's seventh sense these are things that are forgotten

But why? Why does he need to be more useful than he already is? Really, that's like saying Nightcrawler or Beast or Cyclops or whoever should get upgrades to their powers as well. Archangel's power is winged flight. That's it. With it, he can do amazing things. Why isn't that enough?

Because some writers don't know what to do with that really.

They don't have to write him. Lots of writers have just left him in limbo. I'd rather see Warren in limbo than go through some sort of secondary mutation crap again.

agreed..Healing blood is pretty stupid....why doesnt the healing blood heal the wounds???

actually I feel that way about all the xmen. Right now the concept is far from what it should be.

Because some writers don't know what to do with that really.

That's because Angel has wings, money, and little original personality.

The character is boring, and that's why he hasn't been around all that often recently.

agreed..Healing blood is pretty stupid....why doesnt the healing blood heal the wounds???

actually I feel that way about all the xmen. Right now the concept is far from what it should be.
Healing blood was dumb. I can only imagine that Austen wanted to giving him a healing factor but wanted to make it original

That's because Angel has wings, money, and little original personality.

The character is boring, and that's why he hasn't been around all that often recently.
Warren has a great personality. Its why I love the character inspite of his non-offensive power

Warren has a great personality. Its why I love the character inspite of his non-offensive power

Yup, and impressive offensive powers aren't the only things make a superhero.

Otherwise we would all be fans of the Hulk. :dry:

writers just dont know how to write him...any of the Xmen for that matter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"