How should they handle "Justice League" going forward?

BatmanBegins05

Civilian
Reaction score
I think they could do a relaunch with Will Beall's Justice League script. Just have another writer take his script and try to make it better. And try to make it fit within their continuity?

Honestly? Leave it for a few years. Let the dust settle.

They wont touch it with a 10 foot pole for at least another 10 years which by then will have all new everyone.

At the very least I don't think WB should be worrying about touching the Justice League again until they can get Superman straightened out.

Standalone Justice League movie ten years from now with a completely new cast.

WW and Aquaman are going to be around for the long-haul. But by the time that JL film is rolling around again, I think memory of the Snyderverse would have long been forgotten by the masses.

They can probably get away with a new first-JL-adventure story with just Momoa and Gadot being the only returning actors.

What? No.

Just give it a few years and do a team up between the Justice League and the New Gods vs Darkseid.

Keep Cavill
Armie or whoever else they get for Batman
Gadot
Momoa
Ezra if he can tone it down
John Stewart will likely be introduced by then
Bench Cyborg
Levi
There’s the League

+ whoever DuVernay casts as Orion, Barda, Mister Miracle, Darkseid, etc;

By the time this actually happens, all the major players will have had a movie of their own to be established.

By this time, most of the members of the Legion of Doom will probably be established as well, so that’s another option.

Finish the solos, make some origins/sequels strong and then try again

Make that Flash film, reestablish Batman and Superman, and just get a movie up and running ASAP. You don't need to wait long to make a good JL film.

I'd make the movie a Legion of Doom film, because the evil superteam is the one kind of superhero team staple that the MCU hasn't done yet.

They should leave it alone for now. Spend the next five-to-ten years developing standalone movies and then do another Justice League.

Smaller crossovers (like in Ragnarok) are welcome in the interim.

I think five to seven years is a fairly realistic timeframe. It's obviously not the focus right now, but I can see another JL story in 2023-2025.

Build to a possible Legion of Doom or Apokoliptan threat, or some combination of the two, but in films that aren't neccessarily geared to the shared franchise.

We've got Black Manta with AQUAMAN, and he'll be more established after the sequel.

WONDER WOMAN 84 is introducing Cheetah and possibly another villain.

Lex Luthor and The Joker have already been established. We're getting a Batman solo that will introduce other villains. Superman has been established as a character already.

After SHAZAM, Sivana and potentially Black Adam will be on the table.

They would basically need to concentrate on getting THE FLASH and GREEN LANTERN made within the next 3 or 4 years. Though you could conceivably introduce Green Lantern in a Justice League story if you had to.

They'd need to make THE NEW GODS if they wanted to go the Apokoliptian route, or even just to have the option to do so.

It's very doable, and its doable without it being the focus of the franchises.

They should leave it alone for now. Spend the next five-to-ten years developing standalone movies and then do another Justice League.

Smaller crossovers (like in Ragnarok) are welcome in the interim.
10 years is a hell of a long time lol. 5-8 hopefully is realistic.

10 years is a hell of a long time lol. 5-8 hopefully is realistic.

JL was a hell of a failure.

They’ll also need time to establish or re-establish everyone and make people want to see another Justice League movie.

It won’t becessarily take a decade, but it wouldn’t surprise me if it did. And if it does: again, I’d like to see some smaller crossovers.

They’ll also need time to establish or re-establish everyone and make people want to see another Justice League movie.

It won’t becessarily take a decade, but it wouldn’t surprise me if it did. And if it does: again, I’d like to see some smaller crossovers.
Smaller crossovers would be cool. I’d say WW and Aquaman are already established/recovered and Flash and Cyborg weren’t really important enough to be particularly tainted in any way that a top solo wouldn’t fix. I’d definitely need GLC introduced beforehand and then it depends what Matt Reeves’ Batman cans do and whether Superman can be successfully reintroduced. If the upcoming films are all good I expect JL a fair way before the 10 year mark. If they aren’t then we’ll be making no progress towards it. It’s time for some serious quality control to make sure it’s the former.

Smaller crossovers would be cool. I’d say WW and Aquaman are already established/recovered and Flash and Cyborg weren’t really important enough to be particularly tainted in any way that a top solo wouldn’t fix. I’d definitely need GLC introduced beforehand and then it depends what Matt Reeves’ Batman cans do and whether Superman can be successfully reintroduced. If the upcoming films are all good I expect JL a fair way before the 10 year mark. If they aren’t then we’ll be making no progress towards it. It’s time for some serious quality control to make sure it’s the former.

I think WW and Aquaman will be the first to crossover.

Cyborg will be retired for a long while. Flash, I think, is still a priority, but not such a large one that it needs to be rushed into production.

I think you could introduce GL in a Justice League movie, to be honest. If people respond well to him (or them): boom, another franchise. If not: you got a Hulk. Or at least a Hawkeye.

I think Reeves’ movie will do its own thing (as will any sequels), but the star will be free to move around as necessary.

Superman probably won’t have a movie until probably 2024 at the earliest, and they’ll want to (re)establish him before the next JL rolls around.

I’m with you on quality control. That’s a must.

Single stand alone films with a thin 'through road' linking them, no cameo-ing in each other's films, except I hope (and believe) we have HC in Shazam.

So in the next few years 2021-24 say, we have The Batman, a GLC and The Flash and sequels to WW & AQM and then in 2024/25 we have a stand-alone Superman and then 2025 JL2 with a Legion of Doom v JL film built from the villains amassed from the single films and in keeping with LL's JL post credits.

Ben aside (sadly), with Batman replacement, keep everyone on board.

JL also failed for a very specific sets of reasons, largely stemming from the poor reaction to BVS and subsequent abrupt course corrections by WB.

JL 2 would't presumably be dealing with that. It would be in a universe that has already course corrected, not the panicked reaction to and/or pivotal point OF that course correction.

Hire a feige to corral everything and get their ducks in a row. And start working towards JL vs LD

There isn't major damage control to be done, but WB shouldn't rush the output next time. Casual fans need to be invested in the villains, which wasn't the case with Steppenwolf. That's a clear starting point.

There's also some work to be done with Flash. Either WB should recast the role or modify the character heavily before trying a solo.

Keep doing solos for five or six years, completely separate from one another. Introduce the idea of the multiverse. Make a new Justice League film, bringing them together across realities.

There's also some work to be done with Flash. Either WB should recast the role or modify the character heavily before trying a solo.
Definitely this. I found Miller's performance entertaining but he wasn't Barry Allen.

Definitely this. I found Miller's performance entertaining but he wasn't Barry Allen.

I know Grant Gustin is an actor on a Television show, but I liked his "Barry Allen," more than Ezra Miller's. But that's just my opinion.

I know Grant Gustin is an actor on a Television show, but I liked his "Barry Allen," more than Ezra Miller's. But that's just my opinion.
I don't watch the CW shows regularly but I do like the crossovers (I bought Invasion! and Crisis on Earth-X). Some of the writing on The Flash annoys me but that's not Gustin's fault, he can only work with what he's given and I agree he does a good job.

There's a few things that need to happen before another attempt (reboot or relaunch) at Justice League takes place. In no specific order, those are as follows;
  • Man of Steel Sequel
  • Batman Sequel (although there is a solo Batfilm happening, it hasn't to my knowledge been stated whether it's a prequel or sequel)
  • Shuffle the League; ditch Cyborg, add Shazam and Hawkgirl, or at least add another female hero if not Hawkgirl - maybe Mera, or a modern Stargirl?
  • John Stewart & Jessica Cruz (though I'd be happy waiting for JL3 before the Lantern Corps became involved)
I'm perfectly fine with waiting, however (I think) the more solo features we get that are disconnected from the bigger picture, the harder it'll (potentially) be to put the band back together. If the lore of one film strays too far into fantasy (when compared to another hero) it presents problems with consistency, or continuity.
Honestly, if they were going down this route, I'd rather them either do an Injustice storyline, or a Flashpoint storyline.

Last edited:
I don’t think WB is ready or interested in tackling another Justice League film. Whatever their assessment of JL’s failure, they certainly think the issue was in trying to bring these characters together at all (which they ONLY did because Marvel did so in 2012). It’ll be a while.

With the disjointed way they are handling Batman, Aquaman and Wonder Woman especially, and with relatively few JL member solo films set to happen, I just don’t see one happening anymore. Aquaman and WW are going to get trilogies, but likely nothing more by that point. Reeves’ version of Batman is going to be effectively standalone much like Nolan’s. And it’s still up in the air whether Superman, Flash and Green Lantern will happen (though GL is more likely?).

The only way it happens is if Wan, Sandberg or Jenkins propose a plan to put their characters together in a film. I don’t think that’s very likely. At this stage, if a JL film happens, it’ll would likely be set in its own continuity much like JL: Mortal was going to be, with a director who is dying to make it. No one is going to line up these days to tackle a team-up film like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"