How should they handle "Justice League" going forward?

JLA

Superman - Henry Cavill

SIqgYli.jpg

Batman - Armie Hammer

aP54rUX.jpg

Wonder Woman - Gal Gadot

k8enXx0.jpg

Aquaman - Jason Momoa

H7Kq8Ra.jpg

Green Lantern - Trevante Rhodes

Tlk2bf9.jpg

The Flash - Ezra Miller

C2lXOiK.jpg

Cyborg - Ray Fisher

oLu3X7V.jpg

Martian Manhunter - Mahershala Ali

KgdPUSz.jpg

Shazam - Zachary Levi

gRIehZx.jpg

Green Arrow - Boyd Holbrook

CwjdEG4.jpg

Black Canary - Jurnee Smollett-Bell

D2w2xUt.jpg

Hawkman - Oliver Jackson-Cohen

BnnXsgZ.png

Hawkgirl - Adria Arjona

XA1Fcuz.jpg

The Atom - Jake Johnson

VVyl6Gl.jpg

Zatanna - Rosa Salazar

VKtvn8H.jpg

Plastic Man - Ben Schwartz

kqoFH1h.jpg

Blue Beetle - Xolo Mariduena

r9aC5mk.jpg

Booster Gold - Taron Egerton

rOyaPjb.jpg

Orion - Karl Urban

klJNGLU.jpg

Mister Miracle - Lakeith Stanfield

WYrzRVK.jpg

Big Barda - Elizabeth Debicki

HOTZm7N.jpg

APOKOLIPS

Darkseid - Ian McShane

vDwMITf.jpg

Desaad - David Dastmalchian

opF8z4P.jpg

Granny Goodness - Frances McDormand

xZemlXZ.jpg

Kalibak - Kevin Durand

ZoACGMm.jpg

LEGION OF DOOM

Lex Luthor - Damian Lewis

mmdCMPH.jpg

The Joker - Will Poulter

j8gHmBU.jpg

Harley Quinn - Margot Robbie

lRAAOLi.jpg

The Cheetah - Kristen Wiig

CKltTUd.jpg

Black Manta - Yahya Abdul-Mateen III

pKqOVoc.jpg

Sinestro - Richard Armitage

XBotrIk.jpg

Gorilla Grodd - Toby Kebbell

DrC0Rqp.jpg

Deathstroke - Joe Manganiello

nPWSUfe.jpg

Black Adam - Dwayne Johnson

Iyvnjhl.jpg

Last edited:
Which Superman movies are you counting?

Supes 1-4, Returns, MOS-JL... that’s not a lot, especially given the gap between those first four and the rest. I agree, they shouldn’t necessarily rush into a reboot. But it’s not like anyone has come close to exhausting Superman as an IP. Sure, if they just try to adopt the same failed approach (with the same two villains) as the past four films, then yeah, it’ll get old very fast. But Spider-Man’s recent success demonstrates that general audiences can tolerate seeing much of a popular IP, if it’s done well.

Bottom line, if Marvel can succeed at pumping out three movies a year for the past decade, then WB can put out some of its own.

I think that’s a decent timeframe, but a lot of it is going to depend on WB finding a director willing to make a JL film. And if they do, it’s not guaranteed they would simply use the current Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Shazam or others. My guess is that any new JL film would likely use whatever roster the director wants — so, more like what they were going to do with JL Mortal.

Personally, I’m partial to a proper Justice League 2, because I think there was some good potential for a great sequel. But I guess that’s up in the air now that Ben Affleck is officially out.

my point is careful with over doing it with certain characters, it will lead to audience fatigue. Now that WB managed to obtain some success with WW and AM they have to exploit that success and the interest these characters created.

The issue is not whether WB could produce multiple movies a year, they totally have the resources to do so. Its just, this does no one any good unless those movies are actually *good*. Hence, WB should hold off on trying to produce multiple DC movies at once, until they have firmly established that they have their feet and know what they are doing. Also, that they have successfully rearranged their pipeline so that they can never have a BvS style cascading failure happen again.

Legion of Doom would be the best way to make a JL 2 feel fresh. Marvel has 4movues deep into their Avengers franchise and hasn’t taken the “team of Supervillains” route yet so that could be one instance where Marvel hasn’t beaten DC to the punch. No point in doing something that will be perceived as too similar to Thanos.

Also is something that could organically build in the background and all that would need to happen is the main villain of the solo films not dying and having an after credits tease of being recruited, so you still can have directors doing their movie without actually having to set anything up in their actual film.

All they can do now is jump back on quick..Dont wait make another JL before the bad taste sinks in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"