Homecoming How to handle retreading ground...

You drop jjj connection to him you use great plot points and cuts out a key importance to him.

I'd say Scorpion has better claim to being a C-lister than the Lizard. Not only is the Lizard older, but he has a more interesting and flexible premise, and can serve as a friendly supporting character when not actively villaining. With the Scorpion, the only thing beyond "thug with powers" he has is "created by JJJ", and that element would be best dropped if you don't want the audience to view JJJ as a black hat villain with karmic immunity.

Yeah he is a C-Lister for sure but that wouldn't stop him from being entertaining given a proper story. I think it would be really interesting to see another side of JJJ. He despises Spider-Man. We can see him walk a path where he perhaps gives up some of his integrity to see him brought in. (I don't normally get myself into fan-fiction but I started a draft for my imaginary TASM3 that would revolve around this). It would be a challenge to pull off for the film makers, Scorpion would provide the action while Jonah provides the conflict and drama.

I would not put scorpion as a c lister. He is right up there in top year villains. C or d lister would be guys like spot, grizzly, leapfrog, and half a dozen others like those ones I mentioned.

I will be thoroughly unsatisfied if there is no goblin in this next franchise. We've only had two movies that outright feature the Green Goblin and as much as I liked Dafoe in the role, neither film got it right. The Green Goblin and Dr. Doom are my two favorite villains, and it's a damn shame that neither of them have been adapted properly yet.

I am sure like I said on many threads we are bound to see goblins, ock, venom, lizard, at some point in the mcu now. We have to look at this more then just 3 films and done. We have the whole mcu to play in now. Aos, netflix shows, team films and other characters solo films. We could see folks appear in then just the solo spidey films.

And come on like the guys I listed in above paragraph they are some of spidey heavy hitters. No way marvel isn't going to not use them. Now yes we don't need to see them as villains in action right off the bat in first or second of new trilogy plans.

I would use at least one of the listed above on 3rd film in villain state. But I am sure even within the first film. We will see norman before the green. Build up his dirty ways and his bad relationship with harry. We probably see otto in some fashion. Do what tssm did with lizard and maybe see conners in some fashion. Brock easy there go classic brock and him older and is working at the bugle and all that. And we see them in first film or second in smaller supporting bit parts. Build them up over a few films before they go bad.

I'd like to see a comics-faithful interpretation of the Green Goblin, and I think it would feel very fresh.

Doc Ock would be another great villain to use.

I have a feeling that Green Goblin and Doc Ock could be used in the same movie. I have no idea for the plot but then again, I wouldn't have ideas for Goblin and Ock separately either so yea. All I have is a feeling that they would be a great villain pair

that could be a neat solution for reusing villains. Build up Norman first, then have him be Goblin straight away, possibly Ock being created in the same accident as Goblin (like in Ultimate comics), and then the two mega villains clashing with Spidey & eachother as Spidey tries to deal with all the craziness

They were actually going to do that in SM1 , with a Doc Ock , Green Goblin team up. However, they decided that the story was too crowded and ultimately GG was the stronger character in the script and Ock's only motivation was getting revenge on Spiderman for ruining his life's work. So they decided to just focus on Norman first and do Ock in a sequel. I seem to remember seeing some storyboard of Ock and GG attacking JJJ in the Bugle , which of course made it into the final script and film with GG attacking JJJ.

Then with SM2 they planned on having 3 villains which would be Ock, Lizard, and Black Cat. They got rid of Lizard and Cat , and alot of Lizard's backstory and dialog went to Ock, hence the more sympathetic Molina Ock who seems alot closer to the Lizard character, than the Ock from the comics.

Hopefully that can be fixed that this time around, proper Dr. Octopus and Lizard!

I am sure they will treat spidry rouges well in mcu. Sure some haven't been great so far. Like your obtain stine, malkeith and all. But those guys are pretty lack luster in general.

When it comes to the B and C-listers, I call shenanigans. Nothing stops them from making these guys into A list threats. They just need to have the creativity to do it.

Origin? Just ignore it. Don't make a flashback or anything. Just move on.

Green Goblin? Just move on. We don't need to jump back into this. Sony ran this down hard, let's put it on break.

Many decades of stories to use. We've had some nice solid Spider-man arcs that even used original villians. I say bring it the Mr Negatives and others.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mr. Negative. I wanna see them try Hammerhead, Silvermane, Tombstone, all those guys. Black Cat would be awesome to throw into the mix. ****, they can even try Beetle to lay the seeds for the Thunderbolts. There's plenty of stuff that we have yet to see. I'd really like to see Ock again though, and eventually the Six but definitely not in a spin-off.

Again I seriously doubt marvel wouldn't use goblin ock lizard, venom. Theses are key and important foes. We are bound to see them again. We just don't need to have them be villain in first film. Or even second. Let's use some new foes there. Then in 3rd film and later solos or team films bring back thrm. But I still fully believe as I said in other threads we are bound to see norman, ock, curt, eddie in pre villain forms. Possibly in first or second film. And give them minor roles building them up. Do folks honestly think marvel won't use thrm come on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"