Gotham Gotham Season 4 Episode 22/Season Finale- "A Dark Knight:No Man's Land"

ironman29758

Sidekick
Reaction score
Well the title for the season finale has just been announced!

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/03/07/gotham-season-4-no-mans-land-batman/
X

Earlier this week, fans of Gotham began buzzing when rumor spread that "No Man's Land" was the title of the Season 4 finale this spring. Of course, this title would allude to the 1999 Batman comic arc of the same name, where an earthquake struck Gotham and the entire city was left to fend for itself, causing an absurd amount of chaos.

We here at ComicBook.com reached out to the folks at FOX and they confirmed that "No Man's Land" was indeed the title of the finale, though they didn't share any specific information about the episode itself.

So this means one of two things could happen with this finale. Either this title could just be a clever nod to a popular comic arc, or Gotham could be heading into the most intense and destructive storyline in its history. Based on what we've been told about this season's conclusion, we're guessing it's the latter.

Earlier in the season, we spoke exclusively with co-executive producer Bryan Wynbrandt, who revealed that a major cliffhanger was in store for the Season 4 finale.

"While we're leaving a lot on the table, there's going to be plenty left for us to put on the table after this season," Wynbrandt teased. "I mean, we're driving to a really amazing place where, talk about a cliffhanger! It's going to be insane."

As Wynbrandt continued, he teased that the finale would have fans craving a fifth season. Kicking off a "No Man's Land" arc would certainly do just that.

"Right now, our focus is on the characters we have," said Wynbrandt. "I mean we have I think the biggest cast on television and every one of them deserves their own story. I mean everyone is so good. So right now we're just trying to figure out the best way to service our cast before we introduce anyone else and for us the exciting thing for us is bringing in Jerome, pushing the story forward and we're certainly going to leave this season in a place where people are going to want a Season 5."

For those who aren't familiar, Batman: No Man's Land was a crossover series that covered almost all of the Batman comic series throughout 1999. Several different writers, including Greg Rucka and Bob Gale, contributed to the project. The event saw Gotham torn apart after an earthquake. Things in the city got so bad that the government pulled all support from the area, basically leaving the city to fend for itself.

Introducing the "No Man's Land" story could take Gotham to an all-new level of insanity and, judging by the way things have gone this season, that writer's room knows just the right way to keep upping the crazy ante.

New episodes of Gotham air on Thursday nights at 8pm ET on FOX.
Edited for Synopsis:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20180425fox07/

THURSDAY, MAY 17

THERE WILL BE LIGHT ON THE ALL-NEW SEASON FINALE OF "GOTHAM" THURSDAY, MAY 17, ON FOX

Jeremiah warns a skeptical Gordon of more destruction coming Gotham's way, and Gordon is forced to make a potentially devastating decision. Meanwhile, Barbara rallies together a team to secure her position, as alliances in the underworld shift and prove no one can be trusted. Then, Bruce is forced to come to terms with the future in the all-new "A Dark Knight: No Man's Land" season finale episode of GOTHAM airing Thursday, May 17 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Cast: Ben McKenzie as Detective James Gordon, Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock, David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne, Morena Baccarin as Leslie Thompkins, Sean Pertwee as Alfred Pennyworth, Robin Lord Taylor as The Penguin, Erin Richards as Barbara Kean, Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle, Cory Michael Smith as Edward Nygma, Jessica Lucas as Tabitha Galavan, Chris Chalk as Lucius Fox, Drew Powell as Butch Gilzean/Solomon Grundy, Alexander Siddig as Ra's Ah Ghul

Guest Cast: Cameron Monaghan as Jeremiah Valeska, David W. Thompson as Scarecrow, Michelle Veintimilla as Firefly, Nathan Darrow as Mr. Freeze, Shiva Kalaiselvan as Lelia, BD Wong as Hugo Strange, Larry Pine as May

So any thoughts guys?

Last edited:
It's gonna be the biggest Gotham has ever gotten, that's for sure, and it's gonna be fantastic.

there was a potential leaked version of the season finale script (IDK if it was a April fools joke or not) but *potential* SPOILERS!:

[BLACKOUT]
https://friendofmanyfoeoffew.imgur.com
-Lady Shiva, Mother and Orphan (potentially Black Bat/Cassandra Cain/Batgirl) and Man-Bat appears in the finale (maybe connected to Hugo Strange)
- Ra's Al Ghul returns in a physical form
-Jeremiah/Potential Joker and Bruce interacts in an interrogation scene paralleling the scene in the Dark Knight, after Jeremiah tortures Alfred and shoots Selina
- Jeremiah's bombs around the city are being monitored by Ra's as he uses Joker as a tool, killing a few characters in the process.
- The old commissioner dies in an explosion
- Someone saves Jim from being arrested
-The bridges are destroyed, the national guard is called in, parts of the city are completely overtaken by criminals. It's almost exactly like No Man's Land, although the why of everything is a bit different.
-Bruce just spots Gordon shining the spotlight from the roof of the GCPD after the whole city goes to ****, and decides to meet up with him because they both want to help people, closes on an iconic batman image (like the script says) and has a callback to one of the pilot's most memorable moments/Jim and Bruce's first meeting which is supported by this image:
pldegf12zrn01.jpg
.[/BLACKOUT]

So it's interesting to see how Jerome really escalates the threats in the up and coming episodes. Especially against Bruce and Jim Gordon.

There's also apparently full dialogue scenes that leaked with the Joker. Going to avoid them like the plague whether real or fake.

THURSDAY, MAY 17

THERE WILL BE LIGHT ON THE ALL-NEW SEASON FINALE OF "GOTHAM" THURSDAY, MAY 17, ON FOX

Jeremiah warns a skeptical Gordon of more destruction coming Gotham's way, and Gordon is forced to make a potentially devastating decision. Meanwhile, Barbara rallies together a team to secure her position, as alliances in the underworld shift and prove no one can be trusted. Then, Bruce is forced to come to terms with the future in the all-new "A Dark Knight: No Man's Land" season finale episode of GOTHAM airing Thursday, May 17 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Cast: Ben McKenzie as Detective James Gordon, Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock, David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne, Morena Baccarin as Leslie Thompkins, Sean Pertwee as Alfred Pennyworth, Robin Lord Taylor as The Penguin, Erin Richards as Barbara Kean, Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle, Cory Michael Smith as Edward Nygma, Jessica Lucas as Tabitha Galavan, Chris Chalk as Lucius Fox, Drew Powell as Butch Gilzean/Solomon Grundy, Alexander Siddig as Ra's Ah Ghul

Guest Cast: Cameron Monaghan as Jeremiah Valeska, David W. Thompson as Scarecrow, Michelle Veintimilla as Firefly, Nathan Darrow as Mr. Freeze, Shiva Kalaiselvan as Lelia, BD Wong as Hugo Strange, Larry Pine as May

God, I do hope Barbara gets a well-deserved comeuppance in this. I really do.

And this is the first time the listings are crediting Cameron Monaghan as Jeremiah. Sweet. :up:

God, I do hope Barbara gets a well-deserved comeuppance in this. I really do.

And this is the first time the listings are crediting Cameron Monaghan as Jeremiah. Sweet. :up:

I may be wrong, but I thought "One Bad Day" had him listed as Jeremiah. Either way, pretty excited for this episode!':woot::yay:

Oh yeah, you're right. ^^'

I think I meant to say this is the first time the character has been mentioned in an episode synopsis.

No Gotham tonight, right? I might watch The Big Bang Theory & Young Sheldon instead.

...why. Why would you subject yourself to that?

The synopsis mentions "THERE WILL BE LIGHT" and "Bruce is forced to come to terms with the future", I wonder if that means the finale will end on a hopeful note (just in case the series isn't renewed, and unlike season 3 we know that the series can be cancelled this year).

Gordon wearing the classic trenchcoat. :up:

A signal...?

Has this show (don't ask me why I'm asking this question) but has the show indicated Bruce using a bat-motif to his double life?

PS has the cave been used beyond its introduction at the end of S1/beginning of S2?

Yes and no. The cave sorta makes a comeback in 4x13, which also features the bat motif. Not gonna spoil it in case you haven't seen it yet.

I know what you mean. I don't care for the show, but I take a look at what's going on.

But based on what you said, Bruce hasn't used a bat motif, nor has the show used the cave that much, or at all.

Meh

Well, to be fair, they have limitations. David Mazouz stated in an interview a while back that they weren't allowed to use the bat imagery until this very season.

So, I'd assume Jeremiah still has a role to play based on his interaction with Ra's?

I assume Ra's is intent on using him as a catalyst for the cataclysmic event.

Seeing that scene with the signal in the sky makes me think they'll fail completely, which is boring.

I really hope, because it sounds like something they'd do, and something Smallville did, something any show would do; I really hope that there is a fight or something that affects the signal light in some way, like something is splatter on it. So then when the signal is turned on, people like Bruce Alfred and Gordon see it and go "oh look, it kinda looks like a bat". And Bruce goes IDEA! in his head.

With the recent news that Gotham's been renewed (for a final but thankfully conclusive season) and the producers saying this episode is gonna change the DNA of the show, my hype for it has dialed up to eleven.

Bring on No Man's Land!

No_Man_s_Land.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"