BvS How/When should the new Batman be introduced? In reboot, WF, or JL?

MessiahDecoy123

Psychological Anarchist
Reaction score
Some feel a Batman reboot before a Justice League would be too close to the recent Nolan trilogy. So that means you introduce Batman in Justice League or a reboot after the first Justice League.

Others want to follow Marvel's formula and use a Batman reboot to build up anticipation for Justice League.

Then there's the option of introducing Batman using a World's Finest film as a reasonable compromise between the two.

World's Finest! Or a cameo in MOS2.

A reboot would be hard to get out before Justice League, if they intend to release JL in 2015.

How about MOS2 is still a Superman movie, but features Bruce/Batman in a significant role? So it'd be kinda like WF

I like the World Finest idea also.

It would be a Batman reboot, MOS sequel and Justice League prequel all in one.

and you build anticipation without creating Batman franchise too close time-wise to Nolan.

Win-win.

2015 - Flash, MOS2
2016 - World's Finest (Batman intro), Wonder Woman
2017 - Justice League (Green Lantern intro), Aquaman
2018 - Flash 2, MOS3
2019 - Green Lantern (JL spin off), Wonder Woman 2
2020 - Justice League

How about MOS2 is still a Superman movie, but features Bruce/Batman in a significant role? So it'd be kinda like WF

I think we should keep MOS2 and WF separate.

One focuses on Superman completely the other toys with the character conflict between Supes and Bats.

Batman reboot before Justice League.

If WB is wise, they'll have the second Superman film and the Batman reboot in 2015.

Batman reboot before Justice League.

If WB is wise, they'll have the second Superman film and the Batman reboot in 2015.

3 years after Nolan?

That might be the record for fastest reboot.

I dunno, sounds like a rush job since they wouldn't have much time for pre-production.

3 years after Nolan?

That might be the record for fastest reboot.

I dunno, sounds like a rush job since they wouldn't have much time for pre-production.

I'm sure Warner Brothers have been salivating over the idea of a reboot ever since Nolan made it known that his series will end with TDKRises. And trying to create a cinematic universe no less. I wouldn't doubt a Batman reboot at all or anytime soon.

I just hope it's not an origin. We saw a great origin, imo, so let's just get a Batman that's already Batman and start from there. I wouldn't mind a Arkham Asylum-inspired reboot either. A Batman that's already there with villains that are already there and the viewer is just enjoying the ride. Perhaps a combination of AA and AC where Dr. Strange is the main villain while taking out Joker's involvement, the League of Assassins, etc.

1. If Batman is in the shared universe it will be the Batman of the Dark Knight continuity, a role which has been filled by Robin.

2. If Batman is rebooted it will be within a separate continuity from JL and Man of Steel.

3. If you're going to put an end to solo Batman films for years to come in order to put him in Justice League; then you may as well just exploit the Dark Knight continuity's popularity since Nolan has no plans to make future solo Batman films with its characters/actors to begin with.

4. Why waste money rebooting Batman and confusing the hell out of the audience when The Dark Knight is the biggest IP going into the Justice League feature?

Last edited:
The Nolan universe is over Thorstone, Bale confirmed it.

I feel that Batman should be introduced in World's Finest and then a Batman Movie before Justice League

The Nolan universe is over Thorstone, Bale confirmed it.

Bale confirmed that Bruce Wayne's story is over with in that continuity. Warner owns the rights to the characters and can continue on with sequels for as long as they want. They could take it as far as the son of Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle taking over the role of Batman after Robin.

A solo movie would be preferable.

If they don't, and they have his first main appearance in JL, WF, or whatever, then I think I think they should have a little 5 minute scene in the movie prior to his main debut (probably in the credits), whether that movie is MOS2 or WW, clearrrrly establishing that it's a reboot.

(perhaps have a line regarding how long Bats has been around, show his reaction to Superman's arrival, the new alfred, the new mansion, etc) .

Surprise audiences and communicate it to them.

I think it might be a little dissapointing/confusing for GAs if the first glimpse they get of Bats is in the JL or WF trailer, and they're expecting Bale. Communicate it earlier in a previous movie, when audiences are already there in the seats.

He should be introduced in a Batman reboot.

Bale confirmed that Bruce Wayne's story is over with in that continuity. Warner owns the rights to the characters and can continue on with sequels for as long as they want. They could take it as far as the son of Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle taking over the role of Batman after Robin.

Snyder, Goyer, Nolan, and Bale all confirmed that Batman is being rebooted. Nolan's Batman will not be coming back.

He should be introduced in a Batman reboot.

Snyder, Goyer, Nolan, and Bale all confirmed that Batman is being rebooted. Nolan's Batman will not be coming back.

All I've seen is that Nolan is producing and not directing anymore super hero movies, and that multiple people have confirmed that Bruce Wayne's story is completed. Just because Bruce Wayne's story is complete doesn't mean Batman's story is complete. They have been forced to speak on Bale not coming back multiple times because the fanboys are in denial that Batman was recast at the end of The Dark Knight Rises.

All I've seen is that Nolan is producing and not directing anymore super hero movies, and that multiple people have confirmed that Bruce Wayne's story is completed. Just because Bruce Wayne's story is complete doesn't mean Batman's story is complete. They have been forced to speak on Bale not coming back multiple times because the fanboys are in denial that Batman was recast at the end of The Dark Knight Rises.

Those are old news, dude. Goyer and Snyder have literally said the words "Batman is being rebooted" and "TDKT doesn't take place in the same universe as MOS". They announced this a couple of days prior to MOS coming out. You'll find tons of links and discussions on this in the JL forums.

The only small chance there is left of bringing Bale back at this point is if MOS 2 or the Batman reboot ends up being a disaster. In that case, WB might get desperate and bring Bale back for JL. However, I would find it pathetic if anyone wanted and wished for any DC film with potential to bomb just because they want Bale back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"