How will the New Film Standout?

Ok i may not be a moderator but i did start this thread and i will contact a mod if necessary. Please post your ideas here but leave the personal attacks out folks. This is a good thread let's not let it get derailed by personal issues. PM each other or something but leave it out of here, b/c honestly i'm here to talk about the new Superman movie not some issues people have with each other from the past.

I meant that Zack Snyder didn't do Inception, so saying, "From the director of 300" wouldn't have helped it. Because he didn't work on Inception. I was being clever. Or not, apparently.

I meant that Zack Snyder didn't do Inception, so saying, "From the director of 300" wouldn't have helped it. Because he didn't work on Inception. I was being clever. Or not, apparently.

Or I understood wrong... :o

Ok i may not be a moderator but i did start this thread and i will contact a mod if necessary. Please post your ideas here but leave the personal attacks out folks. This is a good thread let's not let it get derailed by personal issues. PM each other or something but leave it out of here, b/c honestly i'm here to talk about the new Superman movie not some issues people have with each other from the past.

Fine. Then to answer the question at hand: naked Lois.

How will it stand out?

Simple. By being a Superman film in the 21st century that isn't 110% heavily dependent on the Superman films of the 20th century.

How will it stand out?

Simple. By being a Superman film in the 21st century that isn't 110% heavily dependent on the Superman films of the 20th century.

How does that make it stand out, though? It's just, "oh hey, it's in its own continuity," but so what? Who's the star? Who's the villain? What's the subtext? How long is it? Is there a controversy behind the scenes?

How does that make it stand out, though? It's just, "oh hey, it's in its own continuity," but so what? Who's the star? Who's the villain? What's the subtext? How long is it? Is there a controversy behind the scenes?

:up:

Also, a lot of what makes a film stand out is in the specific lines or shots used rather than, "oh, this is the first movie to ever ______!" I mean, on the surface, what really made The Dark Knight stand out? Aside from Heath Ledger's death, and the fact that it was the sequel to a successful film, the things that actually made it so great were harder to put one's finger on.

Sadly, too many people thought it was, "oh, well, it's dark," when dark action movies are a dime a dozen.

Wally Pfister's digital free Cinematography.

Actually, that kind-of goes with what I'm saying. Warners, from what I saw, did little to promote that, and yet, the cinematography--as with most films--was such a huge part of the look and feel of it.

It's just kinda hard to find this one magic thing that will make the film a box office smash, so the best thing to do is to make a film they really believe in. Us playing armchair executives doesn't do much.

It's just kinda hard to find this one magic thing that will make the film a box office smash
That's because it's not one thing. Its a "perfect storm" that creates a Box Office smash.

That's because it's not one thing. Its a "perfect storm" that creates a Box Office smash.

Well, not necessarily "a perfect storm," but yeah, there isn't "one thing." That's my point. Some people think, "oh, if we just get away from the other films," or, "oh, if they just play up the farmboy element and downplay the alien aspect," or whatever and throw in some fight scenes, that's the big key.

If it were that simple, we'd be watching the trailer right now.

Edit: In fact, that's not even what I'm really getting at. Playing armchair executive or wannabe Hollywood insider is fun and all; but some people take it too seriously, and have this "stop having fun," mentality when challenged on something. Like if someone said something like, "wouldn't it be cool if Beppo was in the movie?" then another guy threw a hissy-fit about it as if they're afraid some WB exec is sitting there saying, "wow, great idea. Beppo stuffed animals, Beppo slippers, Beppo's Jungle of Fun at Six Flags."

Finding the one magical thing is just a part of the deal.

Last edited:
Wait, forget it. I just realized that what it really needs is a rap song about the movie to play over the end credits. Something like...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"