How would you feel...

barnface

Civilian
Reaction score
haha how would you feel in they didn't, in the finale, actually show Welling as Superman but just him arriving in Metropolis for a new life or something? I, personally, would kill myself.

I'd take a piss on all my smallville dvd seasons.

Let's just say something would be destroyed.

I'd be pissed. They need a big flying scene with the costume on or something in the last episode.

They should end Smallville like they have ended each & every Superman movie. Tom Welling could get his suit from The Fortress Of Solitude & then he flies into the camera & then we cut to space & then Tom Welling smiles & then flies into the camera & that is the end of Smallville.

They should end Smallville like they have ended each & every Superman movie. Tom Welling could get his suit from The Fortress Of Solitude & then he flies into the camera & then we cut to space & then Tom Welling smiles & then flies into the camera & that is the end of Smallville.

Only instead of a smile, he should give us the finger. That would really piss the fans off, but it would be funny too.

i would be so disappointed, i really cant explain how disappointed i would be. now i would still love smallville, it wouldn't hate it or anything like that, but i would certainly be upset

to be honest id love to see tom welling as superman with his cape and everything but unfortunately i think the show will be stopped just before that happens

That's exactly how I would like for the last few minutes of the show to be.

I will survive! :woot: :cwink:

Now seriously, I believe it depends on Tom Welling's willingness to wear the suit. In the past, he made some comments about not wanting to be Superman, being flying around, etc. Maybe he changed his mind and is not a problem for him anymore, does anyone know? He will fly sooner or later, I'm not sure he will with the \S/ suit though.

I disagree with this entirely. I don't think Smallville should feel forced to take cues from the Donner films at all. I think he should certainly be set up in Metropolis with the suit. but I think Smallville should find it's own voice, like it's been doing for the most part since the beginning.

I don't want a rehash of the movies. If I wanted to see Superman wink at me and smile, I would put the movies in my dvd player and watch them. That;s what went wrong with SR, IMO. That movie was just a love tribute to Donner and Reeve. I felt like Singer didn't even care about the character. Are we all that unimaginative that we can't think of a creative ending for ourselves? I know people talk ***** about the show a lot, but at least Al and Miles try to come up with some original material from time to time.

I would have him arrive in Metropolis. He hears a siren or see's some kind of calamity. We see him run into an alley. He rips his shirt open and we see the "S" and then it cuts to black....

Only to see him a few months later starring as Supes in Justice League. :D

If DC allows, I'm sure AlMiles will end the show like that, they can't wait to send the boy flying in the suit, obviously. But I would definitely be fine with not seeing it in the end, as long as Chloe is still alive and being awesome :)

Personally, I'd like him in Metropolis after his induction to the Planet working.

He'd then look up at one of the news bulletin televisions, see an impending disaster, make up a really lame excuse, and run off, undoing his tie along the way.

The last shot would be an empty room with the window wide open, curtains flapping and then you hear his sonic boom. That way, you're not dissolving the no tights rule, but really it would mean that the viewer would be letting the Clark we've known in Smallville (the boy) go, ready to become the man he's is destined to be on his own for a change. Kinda like watching your kid leave your house the first time for school or moving out. You are left behind, whilst they go out on their own to face the world.

But mainly, it'd be a good tribute IMO whilst being poignant.

Personally, I'd like him in Metropolis after his induction to the Planet working.

He'd then look up at one of the news bulletin televisions, see an impending disaster, make up a really lame excuse, and run off, undoing his tie along the way.

The last shot would be an empty room with the window wide open, curtains flapping and then you hear his sonic boom. That way, you're not dissolving the no tights rule, but really it would mean that the viewer would be letting the Clark we've known in Smallville (the boy) go, ready to become the man he's is destined to be on his own for a change. Kinda like watching your kid leave your house the first time for school or moving out. You are left behind, whilst they go out on their own to face the world.

But mainly, it'd be a good tribute IMO whilst being poignant.

That's probably the best idea to show that Clark's become Superman, but not actually show him in the suit.

My thing is will he even be allowed to wear the suit if you still have Routh as Superman and who ever they cast for JLA as Superman will SV even get to have the right to put him in the suit. Plus take into effect also (if the rumors are true) that the producers blocked them from getting Welling in the first place can't the WB in turn block them from getting the suit?

Now seriously, I believe it depends on Tom Welling's willingness to wear the suit. In the past, he made some comments about not wanting to be Superman, being flying around, etc. Maybe he changed his mind and is not a problem for him anymore, does anyone know? He will fly sooner or later, I'm not sure he will with the \S/ suit though.
Welling said he never wanted fly etc but he has a few times in the show now and he has development most of the Superman powers. All he needs to do now is fly and wear the suit.

I would like a 6 months later then Clark sitting in the office at the daily planet and you can hear something about Lex causing some sort of trouble then Clark runs and rips the shirt open, exposing the 'S' and fade out.

Welling said he never wanted fly etc but he has a few times in the show now and he has development most of the Superman powers. All he needs to do now is fly and wear the suit.

I would like a 6 months later then Clark sitting in the office at the daily planet and you can hear something about Lex causing some sort of trouble then Clark runs and rips the shirt open, exposing the 'S' and fade out.

Its not so much about Tom not wanting to wear the suit and fly around, its more about what doing that means to the character.

Tom wants and believes that Smallville is about Clark Kent discovering himself and the pinnacle of that discovery is flying and wearing a suit.

Once Clark does all this, its show over. However, that doesnt mean that Tom is opposed to learning to fly, or discovering little bits and pieces that when put together will one day become the costume for Superman.

I'm sure Pat can put a nice little pictorial together to show all of these aspects that have been presented in the show thus far. :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"