How would you react?

Lunar_Wolf

WTF face
Reaction score
It came to my attention today that my flatemate cut a copy of the front door keys for his cousin.

I don't know how I should react to that.

His cousin is nice and she doesn't hang around with any odd people or anything, but on the other hand, I'm thinking to myself, ''why does she need a copy?''. It's not like she's over often. She might call over maybe once a week for an hour, if that. Also, I don't like knowing those keys could fall into the wrong hands.

Anyway, how would you feel knowing your flat mate made a copy of the keys for someone?

Probably not be happy and if you rent a apartment some landlords do not allow having keys made

Probably not be happy and if you rent a apartment some landlords do not allow having keys made

It's properly best we've not seen our landlord since we moved in so.

Only another month and a half left with this guy anyway, thank the lord.

It isn't really uncommon to give relitives copies of housekeys, not so much for the purpose that they can let themselves in constantly but for emergencies..

I'd only be pissed if I came home & they'd let themselves in when nobody else is home & they are just chilling as if they owned the place.

Giving a copy to your mom is fine...once you start getting into cousins it gets kind questionable.

You already got a lot of people coming and going through there?

If his cousin is hot, you should give her a copy of a key to your room and tell her she's always welcome inside.

I'd request the copy from the other person, and have a long discussion with my flatmate

If his cousin is hot, you should give her a copy of a key to your room and tell her she's always welcome inside.

And for added swag, tell her that you hope she extends you the same courtesy, if she catches your drift.

It isn't really uncommon to give relitives copies of housekeys, not so much for the purpose that they can let themselves in constantly but for emergencies..

I'd only be pissed if I came home & they'd let themselves in when nobody else is home & they are just chilling as if they owned the place.

This would be what I was thinking. A friend of mine has no relatives in the city. After she managed to lose her keys at a movie theatre she gave me a copy of her keys for emergencies. Of course, since that happened she has not lost her keys again, yet.

I wouldnt be happy about it even if she is a decent person. I would politely ask your flatmate why he did that and why he didnt ask you if you minded. The rest will naturally follow.

Give a key to your sketchiest looking friend.

I wouldnt be happy about it even if she is a decent person. I would politely ask your flatmate why he did that and why he didnt ask you if you minded. The rest will naturally follow.

I agree especially if you are paying half the rent. If it were me, I would want all copies back in my hands.

I would want the copy back. He has no right to make her a copy without asking you first.

Well, technically. but did he do it in case of emergency? or just for the purpose of giving her an extra key?

I think that's the reason, due to being too lazy to go to the door.

There's a whole bunch of other stuff I want to call him out on, but there's just a month left, so I'm going to live that in peace. He was actually an OK room mate till late, but now I do my own thing, don't make much talk with him.

Does your bedroom door lock,
and what are you going to do after the month is over?

Does your bedroom door lock,
and what are you going to do after the month is over?

No, none of our doors have locks. Only keys we have, are for the door and back.

After the month I'm moving out with one of my current room mates and another friend. I think the guy who made the copy of the keys is moving to another county.

It came to my attention today that my flatemate cut a copy of the front door keys for his cousin.

I don't know how I should react to that.

His cousin is nice and she doesn't hang around with any odd people or anything, but on the other hand, I'm thinking to myself, ''why does she need a copy?''. It's not like she's over often. She might call over maybe once a week for an hour, if that. Also, I don't like knowing those keys could fall into the wrong hands.

Anyway, how would you feel knowing your flat mate made a copy of the keys for someone?

I'm honestly torn on this. On one hand, I could see giving a key to a parent or sibling in the case of an emergency. On the other hand, I can't say that I'd be very happy having a key being given to someone else 'just because'. That doesn't seem right to me...especially since they never mentioned it to you before hand.

I'm honestly torn on this. On one hand, I could see giving a key to a parent or sibling in the case of an emergency. On the other hand, I can't say that I'd be very happy having a key being given to someone else 'just because'. That doesn't seem right to me...especially since they never mentioned it to you before hand.

Yeah I think that part that rubs me the wrong way is not mentioning it.

Everyone pretty much thinks he's a dick, so it's no surprise he made that move. I've have 2-3 problems with him in the past two months. It was kinda nice when we weren't talking:awesome:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"