How would you...

Originally Posted by JanG
Anti-Drug X3 commercial.

Scott walks out of the shadows on a street at nightime in black and white. Hands in pockets, coat fastened.

"I used to do drugs. hard drugs. But when I started my relationship with Jean, I had no time for them. I was always trying to keep things from falling off tables, always trying to keep our shaking bedroom from falling apart.

And no, the bedroom wasn't shaking because of that. What we have is complicated, difficult, stressful.

Jean is my anti Drug.

oh god i'll do anything for crack "

THATS GREAT IDEA!! LOL BUT JEAN COMES BAK THOUGH:)

FOX should do something like this in Times Square

untitled1copy6qb.jpg

Put X3 Posters ALL OVER Times Square

Dnsk said:

untitled1copy6qb.jpg

even on the lady with the umbrella!!!:up: :)

I would have the government of a country overthrown & forcefeed the whole population X-related material until May 26th

Wouldn't make much difference actually as everyone would be forced to watch the film 8-12 times a day (depending on the final running time of the film) for the first 10 years of release

Hopefully the box office takings would then lead to an X4 with Gambit / Sentinels / Hellfire Club etc

Captive marketing I think is the technical term

Iceman/Psylocke said:
I would have the government of a country overthrown & forcefeed the whole population X-related material until May 26th

Wouldn't make much difference actually as everyone would be forced to watch the film 8-12 times a day (depending on the final running time of the film) for the first 10 years of release

Hopefully the box office takings would then lead to an X4 with Gambit / Sentinels / Hellfire Club etc

Captive marketing I think is the technical term
hellfire club? yuk

xwolverine2 said:
hellfire club? yuk

I write an epic intellectual thesis of the downfall of world governments & you focus on the last couple of words - Man am I wasted here :D

Iceman/Psylocke said:
I write an epic intellectual thesis of the downfall of world governments & you focus on the last couple of words - Man am I wasted here :D
you dont know epic intellectual thesis until youve met bosef :cool:

Electrix said:
How would you promote X-Men 3?
[*]What would you do with the next trailer?

Have it run 2 minutes and 30 seconds long, with enough footage to get fans and cinemaphiles excited but to NOT spoil the movie completely.

[*]What films you you have it attached to?

V FOR VENDETTA would actually be an excellent choice, as would be ULTRAVIOLET and ICE AGE 2.

[*]Which magazines would you give interviews and do deals with?

Premiere Magazine, Empire Magazine, Entertainment Weekly, Wizard Magazine, Dreamwatch Magazine, Starlog Magazine, Starburst Magazine, Newsweek, Time, Cinescape Magazine, Total Film Magazine, Creative Screenwriting Magazine and so forth.

[*]How would you go about TV marketing?

Have specials on E.T., EXTRA, ACCESS HOLLWOOD, E! NEWS, SHOWBIZ TONIGHT and so forth (including interviews with the cast & crew on a semi-weekly basis from whenever to the film's release).

[*]Which shows would you put the trailer between?

AMERICAN IDOL, HOUSE, PRISON BREAK et al.

[*]What big events would you use?

Season finales of big shows (ala AMERICAN IDOL). Advertising for the Olympics.

[*]What would you do with posters? Where would you have them?

On billboards and El Trains/SCAT buses in Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, Detriot, Miami, Austin and particularly in Toronto, Hong Kong, London, Florence and so forth.

With internet sites (DarkHorizons, ComingSoon/SuperHeroHype, AICN, Cinescape, etc). Standout cardboard posters in movie theaters. Cardboard characters in theatre hallways. Dangling "X3" insignia. Etc.

[*]Which shows would you try and get the X-men cast on?

THE TONIGHT SHOW w/ Jay Leno, CONAN O'BRIEN, LATE NIGHT w/ David Letterman, LAST CALL w/ Carson Daly, LATE LATE SHOW w/ Craig Furgison, THE VIEW, ELLEN, LIVE w/ REGIS & KELLY, OPRAH, E.T., EXTRA, SHOWBIZ TONIGHT, E! NEWS, ACCESS HOLLYWOOD, INSIDE EDITION, etc.

[*]Would you do anything else?[/LIST]I did this for a bit of fun. The marketing machine is slowly starting up and we will soon see how FOX will do things. But how would you go about it?

Obvious tie-ins with fast food chains like Burger King. Cross promotion like with automobile labels (as they're doing with Mercedes) and clothing attire featuring X3 logos and conceptual designs (as they're doing).

The three Wolverine claws featured almost everywhere, representing the X3 logo, from Pepsi to Cheetios. FOX has mass-marketed blockbusters in the past, most notably the STAR WARS prequel. They should do the same with this final X-Men installment -- market it like they haven't done with an X-Men film before.

The marketing/advertising should be so apparent that everywhere you look there's "X3 this" and "X3 that" but it should be wisely done as to not saturate people -- but enough to tantilize potiential moviegoers with utter anticipation.

That's how I'd do it, at least. I'm sure FOX is following a similiar path.

Dnsk said:

untitled1copy6qb.jpg

I actually thought that was real.

lordofthenerds said:
I actually thought that was real.
"for a second there......yeah, i kinda did"

"silly rabit"

"trix are for kids"

:cool:

WOW! GREAT ADVETISING! all the need is a plane going back and forth with an x3 message

Probably the coolest advertisement I have ever seen was for Resident Evil 2. About a week before it came out, they had peope dressed up like zombies from the movie (very professionally done too...not cheesy looking) walk around my college campus. It was cool to just see a bunch of people in our Student Center stare at these people hobbling around moaning for a couple of hours.
I think X3 should do this. Have a bunch of people run around with claws shouting "I'm wolverine! grrr" :p

kytrigger said:
Probably the coolest advertisement I have ever seen was for Resident Evil 2. About a week before it came out, they had peope dressed up like zombies from the movie (very professionally done too...not cheesy looking) walk around my college campus. It was cool to just see a bunch of people in our Student Center stare at these people hobbling around moaning for a couple of hours.
I think X3 should do this. Have a bunch of people run around with claws shouting "I'm wolverine! grrr" :p
wow I think thats cool, not too sure if it would work for X3 tho.

DarkDog said:
wow I think thats cool, not too sure if it would work for X3 tho.

oh yeah i know...the last part about Fox doing it for X3 was a joke. But I did really like the zombies, and it seemed to work. I know a lot of people around campus talked about it and went to see the movie because of it.

Empire magazine has already begun...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"