Guardians of the Galaxy Howard The Duck should be in this sequel

No to more Howard. Plenty of gotg members yet to appear. Don't waste the screen time.

Maybe if he dies in the first five minutes

You guys are uninformed haters.

The problem with the post credit scene with Howard the Duck wasn't what it WAS. It's what it WASN'T. It didn't have Thanos, or Nick Fury, or Loki, or an Infinity Stone. That made I disappointing. There were two quick comedy sketches, but nothing to furthe push the MCU storyline.

That being said, for what it was, I liked it. It was a fun surprise to see him pop up. Would I want a full movie of him? No. A One Shot? Maybe. A straight to Netflix animated movie? Absolutely. A recurring role in the Guardians of the Galaxy cartoon? Why not?

Netflix should start having Marvel shorts, but not animated since it pulls away from MCU canon that way, imo.

Just like that cartoon Dredd sequel is better than nothing but can't compare to an actual sequel.

Netflix should start having Marvel shorts, but not animated since it pulls away from MCU canon that way, imo.

Just like that cartoon Dredd sequel is better than nothing but can't compare to an actual sequel.

The problem you run into with live action is money. Sure, you could do little One Shots like the first ones, with lesser-known actors like Clark Gregg, Max Hernandez, and Titus Welliver. Now, if you do animated One Shots or mini-series' based on characters that have no true relevance to the mainstream MCU, it would inexpensive and wouldn't cause much issue with continuity.

That's where a character like Howard the Duck (an easter egg cameo that could be left out of the main plot lines of the MCU) could fit in easily, and be cost-effective.

Or skip all of that and just have him be a recurring character in the Guardians cartoon and not worry about the MCU at all.

how come he looked soo skinny? the collector has not fed him huh?

I wouldn't mind another cameo. But I'm not on board with the perception of "Marvel decided to give us not one but two smart aleck talking animals!!" and this possibly derailing the plot progression just to have a bunch of back and forth between Rocket and Howard.

I think Howard could cameo in the movie, maybe at a bar somewhere where they encounter him. He could interact with Rocket. However, that's all he should be limited to. Also, I don't want him in the end credits next time, which should be saved for something else (eg A:IW). Just have him in the main body of the film in a quick cameo.

He needs to get to Earth, never mind lingering in the cosmic space of things.

Do you think he'd ever feature in Avengers: Infinity War as one of the heroes who challenges Thanos? Or would Howard ever be used in a combat capacity? Has he ever been, or has he only been used for comedy? Would it be too much like having Donald Duck on your team?

Do you think he'd ever feature in Avengers: Infinity War as one of the heroes who challenges Thanos? Or would Howard ever be used in a combat capacity? Has he ever been, or has he only been used for comedy? Would it be too much like having Donald Duck on your team?

Of course he is the one destined to wield Thor's hammer and lay the final blow to Thanos in IW2. :o

I would like to see him again, but it might be funny to just have him pop up in after credits scene in other Marvel movies, but with no explanation, like maybe in Dr Strange, in the credits just have him sat in a swamp with man-thing, no explanation, he's just there, then do it again in another movie with a total different situation with no explanation.

I wouldn't want to waste after credit scenes on him. It would, however, be funny to give him a brief walk on or mention in every Guardians movie.

Yea I'll cosign this idea provided it's not too intrusive. Defiantly would like to see Rocket and Howard go back and fourth.
Rocket -"Out of the way fluffy"
Howard -"Who you calling fluffy. fur ball!"
There really is no other franchise you can throw Howard in without it looking too weird. He might have a home in animation. Maybe he could pop up in big hero 6 sequel. :word:

A cameo would be nice here, but he definitely needs one in the post credit scene for Infinity War Part 2.

The problem with the post credit scene with Howard the Duck wasn't what it WAS. It's what it WASN'T. It didn't have Thanos, or Nick Fury, or Loki, or an Infinity Stone. That made I disappointing. There were two quick comedy sketches, but nothing to furthe push the MCU storyline.

It wasn't necessary, since the entire damn movie seemed like table setting for an Avengers film that's still years away from its release date. I loved Guardians of the Galaxy (easily one of the best Marvel films), but this film pushed forward the Thanos plot line a hell of a lot more than any other Marvel film to date. It didn't need any more pushing at the end.

Back on topic...for everyone who keeps chiming in with "no" or "I hope Howard dies in the film," can you please give a reason why you hate Howard the Marvel character? I'm not talking about Howard the George Lucas character, I'm talking about Howard the Marvel character...you know, the one who at one point was the most popular/best selling character in the Marvel Universe?

I'd like for him to exist as a minor character in the GotG universe with very occasional encounters. Not enough to ruin a film with lol.

Let Howard the Duck become a team member of GOTG.

He would have no trouble becoming a part of the team which has a walking tree and talking raccoon.

Last edited:
Agreed. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch & I don't think it would hurt anything either. We could still end up getting other members like Adam Warlock & Mantis.

I think giving HTD a bigger role would be fantastic & would be another way to get us even further from that "realistic" b.s.

Bane got redemption in a later interpretation, as did Robin. Why not Howard?

Fury, Cap, Cyclops, Reed and Supes should all be reporting to Howard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"