Days of Future Past Hugh Jackman IS The Wolverine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

narrows101

Reaction score
Didn't realize Hugh didn't have his own thread! Here it is. Carry on.

I hope to see Logan's fighting style transitioned from The Wolverine. That Japan storyline should evolve the way he fights.

I hope to see Logan's fighting style transitioned from The Wolverine. That Japan storyline should evolve the way he fights.

i doubt his fighting style will mean much to sentinels

Well If Wolverine Is just In future he will only be fighting sentinles.

If WOlverine Is a time traveler he'll get a chance to fight Magneto,and Mystique.and possibly other small sized roles mutants yet to be reavled If there are any.

i doubt his fighting style will mean much to sentinels

I'd like there to be some evolution regardless of who he fights. Not only cause of the Japan story but because Logan has fought in just about every war there is. They should give him some sort of style along with his rage imo. He's too much of an experienced fighter to just seem like he doesn't grow or learn combat wise from the films.

Well If Wolverine Is just In future he will only be fighting sentinles.

If WOlverine Is a time traveler he'll get a chance to fight Magneto,and Mystique.and possibly other small sized roles mutants yet to be reavled If there are any.

He would be better suited for the future fighting giant robots, I doubt his fighting style will mean anything to giant robots though, but could really see him rage

As for being in the 70s well magneto can kick Logan's butt easy, due to his bones being metal, mystique could fight him I suppose... Would be abit of a pointless copy of x1 though and also abit premature to expect her to fight like she did in X1, seems like a waste of wolverine really

Last edited:
Meh, Wolverine is supposed to be extremely skilled in martial arts. If we finally see that in The Wolverine and they do not transition what he learned, then thats some bs. Especially since these films are a year apart. It should become a part of his character.

Last edited:
Just a reminder - Wolverine discussion (as it was already going on) is still permitted in any of the other threads as well, as long as it pertains to the film (which it already was).

He's in the movie. Deal. And do not tell people what they can and can't post in those threads.

Here's an update on the woman arrested for stalking Hugh:

Hugh Jackman stalker to undergo psychiatric evaluation
By LAURA ITALIANO
Last Updated: 6:08 PM, May 8, 2013

Authorities want to find out just how mentally ill the accused stalker of actor Hugh Jackman is.

A Manhattan judge today ordered Katherine Thurston, 46, be examined by court appointed psychiatrists to determine if the disheveled blonde is able to understand the charges against her -- namely misdemeanor stalking and felony burglary, for allegedly following Jackman into his West Village gym last month.

The Bakersfield, CA native -- a mom to three grown kids -- is being held in lieu of bail pending the psych exam. She has a history of stalking in California -- including of the hunky "X-Men" and "Les Miserables" star -- and faces anywhere from one to seven years if convicted of barging into his members only Gotham Gym, prosecutors say.

"We just want to make sure she has the mental capacity to understand what the charges are and what the proceedings are," her court-appointed lawyer, Liz Beal, explained after court of the psych exam.

A judge set June 19 for an update. Thurston is accused of flinging a razor filled with her own pubic hair at the actor while shouting, "We're getting married, right?" She additionally sought him out at his apartment near the gym, shouting to his wife, "I'm going to marry your husband!" according to the charges against him.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/...KfK?utm_medium=rss&utm_content= Local

like a boss!!
24f1GAb.jpg

Hugh in NYC on Thursday:

NEW YORK, NY - MAY 09: (L-R) Hugh Jackman, Sukey Novogratz and Deborra-Lee Furness attend the 2013 Joyful Heart Foundation Gala at Cipriani 42nd Street on May 9, 2013 in New York City. (Photo by Andrew H. Walker/Getty Images)

168479798-hugh-jackman-sukey-novogratz-and-deborra-lee-gettyimages.jpg

Hugh's appearance on Sirius Radio on May 28 was taped today:

Betsy Spina‏@BetsySpina9m
Tune into the highway tomorrow from 11a-5p EST to find out about how I almost died when I saw Hugh Jackman at work! pic.twitter.com/xB8wUKUzkc

BJ7Jlb-CMAAyj1v.jpg:large

Liz_Aiello Liz_Aiello
A star who definitely lives up to the hype! Hugh Jackman @siriusxm Our first guest in EW Radio! pic.twitter.com/gLYwkkOLOq

BJ7NcvJCcAAforb.jpg:large

I just hope he doesn't get too much focus. He already gets his solo movies. Don't have him steal screen time from other mutants.

I don't think he would get too much focus like in the original trilogy. I feel like this movie is gonna be about saving the future and the relationship between ProfessorX/Magneto again but I definitely think Wolverine will get his "heroic" moments.

So what did Hugh do today aside from (presumably) filming?

Stephanie Son ‏@stephson
Just watched Iron Man 3 with Hugh Jackman #wtf #shocked same showing so happy right now

Stephanie Son ‏@stephson
hey @RealHughJackman so how was Iron Man 3 in montreal today :) ...... i was in the same showing :D #hehe #wolverinewatchingironman

I wonder if they showed The Wolverine trailer? :oldrazz:

I wonder if they showed The Wolverine trailer? :oldrazz:
Hehehe.. wonder who he went with. And I wonder if Hugh will visit himself when he's back home in NYC - 25 pics inside:

Madame Tussauds Unveils a Wax Wolverine in NYC

Madame Tussauds New York celebrates their 'Marvel Month of May' by unveiling a wax figure of 'Wolverine', as portrayed by actor Hugh Jackman, flexing his muscles with claws drawn sweating it out along side New York Sports Club members on May 14, 2013 in New York City.
Hugh+Jackman+Madame+Tussauds+Unveils+Wax+Wolverine+kMTk-ACVSVqx.jpg

Hugh+Jackman+Madame+Tussauds+Unveils+Wax+Wolverine+BXekXMCnxTSx.jpg

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Hugh+J...EucfMg5?pa=1&u=9yXeQmWf4rL&tb=J&e=alert&l=img

Meh, Wolverine is supposed to be extremely skilled in martial arts. If we finally see that in The Wolverine and they do not transition what he learned, then thats some bs. Especially since these films are a year apart. It should become a part of his character.

The question is who they will have him go up against. We could see him cut loose against Sentinels without ratings worries about blood and gore, but it seems they have made him one of the time travellers so his main adversary will be in the past. That suggests Magneto and possibly ending with him getting the adamantium ripped from his body.

Then past-Wolverine comes home from Vietnam with brother Victor and they are approached by Stryker and asked if they want to be part of a special team...

The question is who they will have him go up against. We could see him cut loose against Sentinels without ratings worries about blood and gore, but it seems they have made him one of the time travellers so his main adversary will be in the past. That suggests Magneto and possibly ending with him getting the adamantium ripped from his body.

If we get to see Fassbender rip the adamantium out of him I'll take back 10% of the things I've said about Fox haha. That would be beyond awesome.

I just hope we get a sense that he is a changed person from the previous film and his skills are better represented if thats an important focus of The Wolverine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"