Hulk or Dr. Doom?

First of all, unlike the FF's orange skinned smiler, Bashful Benjy Grimm, (or even Thor himself)the Hulk's strength is practically limitless( As Every Marvelite knows:THE ANGRIER HULK GETS, THE STRONGER HULK GROWS IN CONSEQUENCE!!!) Doom may have fought everybody from the FF to the Avengers or Moon Knight but even he knows that mano-a-mano, Ol' Greenskin is NOT somebody you want to tussle with( he is one of the rare characters who can afford to have the advantage of not just raw might but also a certain low cunning despite his childlike intellect.)

rodhulk said:
Sorry, Tork, but Doom was in no way fighting to a tie. He was losing badly.

1) Hulk goes to hit Doom, Doom fires a blast to get 'away' from Hulk.
2) Doom has his force field and sees Hulk coming. Hulk 'busts through it,' surprises Doom, but note: Doom saw him coming (meaning he's ready) and he has his force field ready which couldn't stop the Hulk.
3) Hulk grabs Doom and it ends there. Hulk could have killed Doom easily if he wanted.

Hulk wins.

I would hardly say "losing badly". Doom was laughing and toying with him until he saw his woman in trouble. Even the hulk himself said he was a fool for turning his back on him. I'll give you that the Hulk burst through the forcefield, which is impressive, but "seeing" something and being "ready" for it is 2 completely different things. I'm not denying it was a victory for the Hulk, but it's not the clear cut dominant victory you guys are making it out to be. In my estimation, the fight would have gone on longer if Doom did not stop to help the woman.

torkibe said:
I would hardly say "losing badly". Doom was laughing and toying with him until he saw his woman in trouble. Even the hulk himself said he was a fool for turning his back on him. I'll give you that the Hulk burst through the forcefield, which is impressive, but "seeing" something and being "ready" for it is 2 completely different things. I'm not denying it was a victory for the Hulk, but it's not the clear cut dominant victory you guys are making it out to be. In my estimation, the fight would have gone on longer if Doom did not stop to help the woman.
I would just say to re-check the scans. No where does it show Doom to be toying with the Hulk, it's the other way around. He's even trying to avoid the Hulk at a time or two. With the force field, he was ready. It was not a sucker punch that Hulk hit Doom with when he broke through the forcefield (not that you said that, but still, just thought I'd bring that up). Hulk saying it was stupid for Doom to turn his back really means nothing in this case since Hulk never hit Doom from behind (or as I said above, sucker punched). I admire your willingness to defend Doom, but it wasn't even close.

rodhulk said:
I would just say to re-check the scans. No where does it show Doom to be toying with the Hulk, it's the other way around. He's even trying to avoid the Hulk at a time or two. With the force field, he was ready. It was not a sucker punch that Hulk hit Doom with when he broke through the forcefield (not that you said that, but still, just thought I'd bring that up). Hulk saying it was stupid for Doom to turn his back really means nothing in this case since Hulk never hit Doom from behind (or as I said above, sucker punched). I admire your willingness to defend Doom, but it wasn't even close.

So I rechecked the scans like you recommended:

doom1d2ah.jpg

Above we see the Hulk telling doom he was making fun of him....

doom1e6pq.jpg

And here we see the Hulk asking Doom why he's not laughing anymore, which would lead me to believe that he was laughing before or "toying" with him.

Doom then goes on to say he's not done and wants to continue. I don't think someone who was beaten badly, especially a genius like Doom, would be so willing to continue unless he had a chance of winning. Like I said, I definately give the victory to the Hulk, but it was really close and could have gone either way if Doom didn't stop to help the girl.

No where do the scans actually say or show 'toying.' I would refer to toying as throwing the Hulk around at will but not finishing him off. You know, complete domination. This is not the case.

As for making fun of the Hulk, I never said Doom wasn't making fun of him. Making fun of the Hulk means he's calling Hulk names or just talking him down. It doesn't mean total domination over the Hulk. Spider-Man often makes fun of the Hulk but how often is he toying with the Hulk? How often is Spidey in complete domination of the Hulk or even his equal in fights (as you said Doom might have been Hulk's equal)? Hardly to never.

'Toying' and 'making fun of' are 2 different things.

Doom seemed to have no chance on winning at the end. Read his exact words, he's saying he'll 'die' before submitting. That's all that's happening. It does not show Doom can still have a chance at winning, it shows he's just not gonna submit and will let himself die instead.

At no time do any of the scans (including the ones you didn't use in your post above) show Doom was winning or even equal to the Hulk, even before he went to save the girl. He's shown fleeing, trying to avoid the Hulk in combat mostly.

I repeat what I have said, Hulk was winning from start to end and did indeed 'win.'

rodhulk said:
No where do the scans actually say or show 'toying.' I would refer to toying as throwing the Hulk around at will but not finishing him off. You know, complete domination. This is not the case.

As for making fun of the Hulk, I never said Doom wasn't making fun of him. Making fun of the Hulk means he's calling Hulk names or just talking him down. It doesn't mean total domination over the Hulk. Spider-Man often makes fun of the Hulk but how often is he toying with the Hulk? How often is Spidey in complete domination of the Hulk or even his equal in fights (as you said Doom might have been Hulk's equal)? Hardly to never.

'Toying' and 'making fun of' are 2 different things.

Doom seemed to have no chance on winning at the end. Read his exact words, he's saying he'll 'die' before submitting. That's all that's happening. It does not show Doom can still have a chance at winning, it shows he's just not gonna submit and will let himself die instead.

At no time do any of the scans (including the ones you didn't use in your post above) show Doom was winning or even equal to the Hulk, even before he went to save the girl. He's shown fleeing, trying to avoid the Hulk in combat mostly.

I repeat what I have said, Hulk was winning from start to end and did indeed 'win.'

I give up. It's like talking to a brick wall. :o We'll just have to agree to disagree.

torkibe said:
I give up. It's like talking to a brick wall. :o We'll just have to agree to disagree.
So, let me get this straight! I tell you what's actually happening in the comic and you reply with this brick wall thing? :down

That brick wall may be you since you seem to be the one 'disagreeing' with everybody here since you've been on the Hulk boards.

In a heads up hand to hand brawl clearly the Hulk wins. But if Doom chose to attack the Hulk and prepare himself, he surely could toy with him if he so pleased. This is a guy that is among the brightest mind's on Earth, not to mention one of the top mystical arts practitioners on Earth, not being that far below Strange.

All Hulk fans automatically assume that Hulk's strength trumps all. Wrong. Remember when Doom stole Silver Surfer's power cosmic that was bestowed upon him by Galactus, a being far sueperior to Doom or the Hulk. I think Doom would have little trouble doing the same if he so pleased to the green behmoth. Or if he just thought the Hulk was to much trouble to do battle with, banish him to another dimension.

Doom is vastly underestimated by the likes of those that know little about him.

torkibe said:
So I rechecked the scans like you recommended:

doom1d2ah.jpg

Above we see the Hulk telling doom he was making fun of him....

doom1e6pq.jpg

And here we see the Hulk asking Doom why he's not laughing anymore, which would lead me to believe that he was laughing before or "toying" with him.

Doom then goes on to say he's not done and wants to continue. I don't think someone who was beaten badly, especially a genius like Doom, would be so willing to continue unless he had a chance of winning. Like I said, I definately give the victory to the Hulk, but it was really close and could have gone either way if Doom didn't stop to help the girl.

Don't give me that. Your talking about the guy who attacked the Beyonder single handingly (I am referring to Doom attacking Beyonder in Civil War).

MajinShenron said:
Don't give me that. Your talking about the guy who attacked the Beyonder single handingly (I am referring to Doom attacking Beyonder in Civil War).

Ok, I see you dug this up 3 weeks later... Well, If you mean Doom attacking the Beyonder in "Secret Wars" if you recall, Doom DID manage to steal the Beyonders powers, so he in fact clearly had a chance of winning.

Thing has whooped Dr. Doom before. Hulk can whoop Thing.

Hulk would win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"