Sequels Hulk Talking

Norm3

Civilian
Reaction score
I really liked seeing the Hulk talk more in Avengers. It humanizes him. I wish he talked a little more. I wish he had said something to Iron-Man/Stark at the end of the movie. Like Stark or Wake up & then the growl would have been cool. When he saved Iron-Man. It was almost like he knew they were friends as Banner & Stark.

I too agree about Hulk talking in live action!!! Movies and hopefully on TV as well!!! My argument has always been that Hulk has Always talked from day one in the comics! But just because so many people embraced the grunting and roaring from the live action TV series show, it seems the masses want to keep Hulk that way! I'm with you Norm3, LET HULK SPEAK!!!!

He should talk like he does in the comics currently. Less grunting and 'me smash' and more complete sentences but with an almost working class tilt to them to counteract Banner. That would have made the last movie much better.

I really don't understand why Marvel Studios and the filmmakers are so resistant to the idea of a talking Hulk. It would go such a long way in developing his character and allowing him more means of interaction with other characters. Not to mention adding a bit more depth to the struggle between the Bruce Banner and Hulk personalities.

I don't know. Having him talk would help establish him as a character, rather than a mindless raging CG spectacle.

I am all for this. Did any of you see The Amazing Spiderman yet? Look how the Lizard was portrayed. In my opinion, that was the best aspect of the movie. He had a personality, and spoke in complete sentences, and conversed with Spiderman.

So we know, if it doesn't look silly to have a big giant lizard on the screen talking in full sentences with a british accent, It is not goofy to have Hulk speak at all.

I think it is a necessity. They are getting there with The Avengers. But right now, it seems like Hulk is just sentences away from having a total personality, in the way that we all are soon hoping for.

Yeah I'm getting tired of the "Hulk smash", incomplete sentence using Hulk I want a live action version of EMH Hulk dammit! :argh:

Yeah I'm getting tired of the "Hulk smash", incomplete sentence using Hulk I want a live action version of EMH Hulk dammit! :argh:

Thats so perfect. I love how he is in that show.

Too bad IDIOTS run the world and had to cancel it

Thats so perfect. I love how he is in that show.

Too bad IDIOTS run the world and had to cancel it

Let's just hope the new Avengers show is pretty close to that same level of quality.

I think that Hulk speaking is a good idea.Like many of you said, ppl are so use to hearing the grunts and roars that it seems impossible to believe Hulk should be speaking.I personally liked the voice in TIH when he says Hulk Smash and i think the voice would have fit good in TA if he had more speaking lines.Now maybe im against the majority, but in TA i really didnt like the voice used when he says Puny god.

I really liked seeing the Hulk talk more in Avengers. It humanizes him. I wish he talked a little more. I wish he had said something to Iron-Man/Stark at the end of the movie. Like Stark or Wake up & then the growl would have been cool. When he saved Iron-Man. It was almost like he knew they were friends as Banner & Stark.

Actually Hulk spoke three times in Ang Lee's Hulk, two times in Letterrier's The Incredible Hulk and only once in the Avengers.

Hulk not speaking in his solo movies has ruined the Hulk franchise. He's not even close to the character that would RULE!!!

I too agree about Hulk talking in live action!!! Movies and hopefully on TV as well!!! My argument has always been that Hulk has Always talked from day one in the comics! But just because so many people embraced the grunting and roaring from the live action TV series show, it seems the masses want to keep Hulk that way! I'm with you Norm3, LET HULK SPEAK!!!!

I'm big on hopes for the television show because of what Del Toro has said so far. The live action Hulk needs to be redefined because of the damage done. Hulk's unique personality has been literally persona non grata.

The sad thing about it is that Stan Lee said when he was asked by the producers of the Ang Hulk film what would he like to see done in the movie, and it was he that made the silly remark that Hulk would look stupid if he talked in film, due to him still being influenced by Ken Johnson's remark during the 1970's Hulk television show, a view that he did not believe in at first.

I really don't understand why Marvel Studios and the filmmakers are so resistant to the idea of a talking Hulk. It would go such a long way in developing his character and allowing him more means of interaction with other characters. Not to mention adding a bit more depth to the struggle between the Bruce Banner and Hulk personalities.

I don't know. Having him talk would help establish him as a character, rather than a mindless raging CG spectacle.
Yes, I couldn't agree more!! I mean I think it's pretty stupid that even the Abomination get's to talk coherently in the Incredible Hulk movie as He does in the comics but Hulk Barely gets to only say two words per sentence!

He doesn't have to refer to himself in the third person all the time. I very much appreciate that they at least had him say "Leave ME alone." as appose to him saying "Leave Hulk alone!" So after a good amount of seeing so many other 3D creations speak well on film, Golum, The lizard, and Abomination, then why not the Hulk?

I vote that Hulk should talk! And with much more than a few words!

What do you mean? It's the movie Hulk has talked the least.

I guess I'm in the minority here.

Not to say I don't want the Hulk to talk at all, but I don't want a live-action representation of the 'Professor' persona. Banner is the logical side. Hulk the emotional.

I never got the impression that Hulk was unintelligent in Avengers. Facial expressions speak volumes.

Again, I'd like to see the Hulk speak a bit more, but I certainly don't want them to completely eliminate the need for Banner.

I definetly think the Hulk should talk more... It should feel like Hulk and Bruce are 2 very distinct personalities, and not just a beast thats inside Banner...

I guess I'm in the minority here.

Not to say I don't want the Hulk to talk at all, but I don't want a live-action representation of the 'Professor' persona. Banner is the logical side. Hulk the emotional.

I never got the impression that Hulk was unintelligent in Avengers. Facial expressions speak volumes.

Again, I'd like to see the Hulk speak a bit more, but I certainly don't want them to completely eliminate the need for Banner.

This, well to an extent. Hulk talking does sort of eliminate the need for Banner, and when you have an actor playing a role, he's gunna need his share of screen time.

Though I prefer Hulk does have a lot more lines. Not quite as much as EMH, but a lot more than what we have seen. Keep the Banner vs Hulk screentime the same, just give Hulk some lines.

However, I do agree completely about how he was in the avengers, facial expressions speak volumes. He didn't seem like a dumb brute just destroying aliens cause they were something he could smash.

He had some personality, clearly, lets look at it,

His grin in response to "Hulk...smash"

Him punching Thor, then kind of snickering after,

Before he pounded Loki, Loki told him to stop, and he responded with an expression that sort of said..."....wh..what?"

And When Ironman was flying the missle up to the portal, the look on his face as he got up.

I sort of see it as, in the final battle, he just sort of chose not to speak, oppose to the other movies.

Atleast thats how I think it can be perceived.

Welcome to Applebee's. My name is Hulk. What can I get you to drink?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"