The Avengers Hulk Vs Thor - The Movie Edition

True...hitting him in the back: :D

thorsucker.jpg

Listen, this isn't a competition or a rivalry; Thor and the Hulk are going to be on the same team. And that's great! I view Hulk and Thor in an "Any given Sunday" type scenario; whenever you've got guys that powerful fighting each other, either one of them could get a win at any time.
Sure, The Avengers movie will probably have the heroes clash (in classic Marvel manner), but in the end, we're going to see The Mighty Thor and The Incredible Hulk fighting side-by-side against some poor saps! How awesome is that gonna be?!

Agreed :up:

I thought you were insinuating that Hulk should beat Thor's ass but now I see were coming from and I want to let it be know that I feel the same way.

Thor and Hulk fighting should definately be considered an "any given Sunday" type scenario, that's why I think movies like Hulk Vs. are a waste of a perfect opportunity to give us a "Superman/Doomsday" level battle.

Last edited:
However they handle the Avengers / Hulk 'argument', I'm hoping it's pretty clear that only Thor can handle the Hulk in a brawl. Not win, or lose, just manage.

The rest will hopefully be relegated to minimizing collateral damage, and trying to calm the Hulk down somehow. I hope they have to rein in Thor too, I'm pretty sure Thor will enjoy battling someone of that magnitude and go a little crazy too.

Thor and Hulk fighting should definately be considered an "any given Sunday" type scenario, that's why I think movies like Hulk Vs. are a wasted of a perfect opportunity to give us a "Superman/Doomsday" level battle.

Agreed. How insulting was it to see Wolverine give the Hulk *way* more problems than Thor?! Ridiculous. Wolverine is a man with human strength while Thor is a god!

And Atomicchuck--I love that picture!!!

With no plot contrivances, Thor would dimension dump Hulk and be done with it.

Obviously that won't be how it is in the movies, just saying.

Hulk fans, slow your role ;)

That is some ******** CBR ****, they battle would never be like that

I'd be very surprised if they had a conclusive "winner" and "loser."

I bet it ends with Cap or someone "breaking it up" by deploying common sense.

Isnt there already multiple thread's and post about this subject?? I

Come on guys...dimensional jumping is not a fight...huhhhhh...but I don't take if away from Thor that he's morrrre than capable to layeth the smacketh down...if push came to shove.

That is some ******** CBR ****, they battle would never be like that

Of course the battle wouldn't be like that. Because there would be no drama and the fight would be over in one panel.

But... Thor can dimension dump. He could dimension dump Hulk, if there was no plot induced stupidity.

I guess Black Panther can take down the Silver Surfer? Or Spider-Man can knock out Firelord? :D

Isnt there already multiple thread's and post about this subject?? I

There's been posts here and there, but before posting the topic I looked back a few pages and couldn't see anything specific for what has always been a fan favourite match up in the books, let alone the movies (if there was already one done I apologise for not seeing it)

Having seen Thor, so we have an idea of how powerful he is now, I thought a topic on the movie versions match-up might be a bit of fun (that I've started working on a new pic depicting the fight was another prod for my making the thread)

With that in mind, that this is for the movie versions, canon from the books, which has been posted, is not really applicable :cwink:

well if we go by the box office, so far thor seems pretty popular so maybe marvel will reconsider having the hulk beat up on thor this time around. we might actually get to see thor kicking some hulk ass. we see how they are treating iron man nowadays, maybe thor will get this love too.

That would suck. I want the fight to be a fair one.

I don't want Thor winning because he's currently more popular or Hulk winning because it's tradition. I'm usually for Thor winning because Hulk is the primary winner, but the idea that Thor will win because he's more popular now disgusts me.

Come on guys...dimensional jumping is not a fight...huhhhhh...but I don't take if away from Thor that he's morrrre than capable to layeth the smacketh down...if push came to shove.

Movie Thor can't dimension jump on his own in any case. He could in theory lay the hammer on Hulks chest if he gets him laid out, then the fights effectively over.

Wouldn't be much fun to end it like that, but based on the movie versions feats that would work against the Hulk.

thor+vs+hulk.jpg

Can't wait for this showdown! I hope for a tie as well! I think The Avengers will be a good chance to give Hulk a new life with audiences. So I expect Hulk to have a lot of holy cow moments :)

Agreed. How insulting was it to see Wolverine give the Hulk *way* more problems than Thor?! Ridiculous. Wolverine is a man with human strength while Thor is a god!

Very ridiculous indeed, that movie's Thor was a pale imitation of the "God of Thunder".

That would suck. I want the fight to be a fair one.

I don't want Thor winning because he's currently more popular or Hulk winning because it's tradition. I'm usually for Thor winning because Hulk is the primary winner, but the idea that Thor will win because he's more popular now disgusts me.

that's kinda my point. maybe thor will get to come off better than the last time they fought.

And Atomicchuck--I love that picture!!!

Agreed. But also keep in mind that the Hulk that fought Thor had his "Banner side" removed and so was just pure Hulk. So I'd say that the Hulk that fought Thor was much more powerful than the one that fought Wolverine.

But yeah, the power difference should have been large enough to warrant having trouble with Wolverine while also laying Thor out like a little girl.

Agreed. But also keep in mind that the Hulk that fought Thor had his "Banner side" removed and so was just pure Hulk. So I'd say that the Hulk that fought Thor was much more powerful than the one that fought Wolverine.

But yeah, the power difference should have been large enough to warrant having trouble with Wolverine while also laying Thor out like a little girl.

Whether he has his "Banner side" or not, no fight between Hulk and Thor should ever be that one-sided.

Of course the battle wouldn't be like that. Because there would be no drama and the fight would be over in one panel.

But... Thor can dimension dump. He could dimension dump Hulk, if there was no plot induced stupidity.

I guess Black Panther can take down the Silver Surfer? Or Spider-Man can knock out Firelord? :D

Or Hulk getting choked out by a Snake:yay:

With no plot contrivances, Thor would dimension dump Hulk and be done with it.

That's kind of a cheap/cheesy/easy way out. That's like Hulk fans saying, "All the Hulk would have to do is start the fight by using a thunderclap like the one that destroyed a cosmos and be done with it."

Or Superman fans saying, "Superman would just fly around the world backwards, reversing the Earth's rotation, which would--of course--make everything go back in time, resurrect the dead, and then he could just catch his opponent when he was on the crapper or something. Fight over."

Regardless, I trust Joss Whedon way too much to think he would even consider robbing the fans of a titanic tussle between these two titans!

Classic issue, classic battle, and amazing art by Sal Buscema!

The only thing that bothered me in that issue was the "test of strength" that lasted an hour. It made no sense to me. It bothered me for two reasons:

1) Thor cannot amplify his strength alone, while the Hulk can. In a pure test of strength the Hulk should win (especially the Savage Hulk, since he based his entire essence around being the strongest. The thought of someone being stronger than him just made him that much more angry)! The in-continuity answer is that Banner holds the Hulk back when fighting heroes. (Lame! ;))

2) *If* we are forced to assume that Thor and the Hulk are equal in strength, then Thor would beat the Hulk 100/100 times. Think about it--if you were fighting a clone of yourself, except your clone had a hammer that just happened to be one of the most powerful weapons in the universe *and* your clone had, literally, thousands of years of battle experience, training, could fly, etc. and could summon lightning at will to strike you, you would lose 100% of the time. In other words, to even *hope* to compete with your clone, you would have to have some considerable advantage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"