Hulk's anger and Strength

Discussion in 'Marvel's The Avengers' started by jaqua99, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Adamantium

Adamantium Your King

Yes, I don't think Banner was in control in this scene. I just meant in hindsight of what Banner says in the final fight, that he may have been possibly hesitating just a tiny bit. Maybe not, and I know Black Widow is not Betty, but he was trying to fight turning when he was laying next to Black Widow, so he knew who she was etc. But I definitely can see it as Hulk hesitating to see what her next move was too. Just throwing my perspective out there from what occurs later in the film.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  2. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Yeah....it's really not that important.

3. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Cloud kicks ass

Exactly, he hesistated after raising his hand, then he was tackled by Thor, an out of control Hulk wouldnt hesitated to hit her, especially if he felt threatened by her.

Of course you can alter were you land, have you never heard of sky-diving? Its totally possible, watch footage of sky divers and you will see this, its 100% possible in fact. Sky divers uses their arms to manouvre and land in a spot, so I dont know were you got that you couldnt from?

Add to the fact the guard says to Banner "....or good aim, you were awake when you fell." Clearly shows Banner having the control to land in an un-populated area so he didnt harm anyone. This clearly shows control.

4. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

The security guard's comment was meant as a bit of humor, that's how I took it. atleast. Given the end of the conversation, that scene was for humor, so I wouldn't exactly count it was what happened, just good humor..."good aim"

I have gone sky diving before too. It is fun.

But it is totally different. Jumping out of a plane and knowing what you are doing is one thing. Being on top of a plane, and being launched off due to the explosion is a little different than sky diving.

Secondly, I doubt very much Hulk has sky diving experience.

So if we eliminate the possibility that Hulk has gone skydiving before, and was prepared for this event lol, then I am willing to say more than likely, he didn't choose where he fell

5. jaqua99

BT, you stole the avy, beat me to the punch. I was going to use it when I asked him to make it :(

I think he hesitated just to see.

And like I said, Hulk isn't an experienced sky diver,

He was on a plane,and it blew up. It's different from sky diving

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  6. marcvader

marcvader Lurker #1

But in a fictional setting, people always seem to know what the heck to do when they skydive even if it's their first time.

7. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Cloud kicks ass

^Exactly, and I know its not in continuity, but the Hulk in Hulk '03 learned were to land from his jumps by using his arms to change his trajectory, whats to say this Hulk didnt learn how to do this years ago?

As for the Guard, it was clear it wasnt a joke when he said "good aim" Banner looked at him as if to say, I think you are right, it wasnt played for laughs at all until the "...then son, you gotta condition." That was the only jokey thing in that scene.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  8. jaqua99

"The good aim" was just a comment. That's how I took it.

I am sorry, but the helicarrier scene, Banner was not in control of the Hulk. The whole point of that scene was that he was "a mindless beast"

9. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

Falling is just like flying but with a more permanent destination.

10. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

[YT]FlBXdtGXV9c[/YT]

If only Spidey had more experience skydiving.

11. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Sorry bro, but my name is "Big Thor" so I always have to keep me a badass Thor avi in my stable.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  12. jaqua99

Yeah yeah. My thanos one will suffice till I think of another Thor one