The Avengers Hulk Vs Thor - The Movie Edition

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Hulk is the strongest, but Thor is the most powerful.

So far I've not seen anything from the movies that says their versions will be different. Hulk has shown the greater feats of strength, while Thor has shown the more extended power set.

Both movie version lack truly amazing feats really.

Ang Lee's Hulk had the best feats. That scene in the desert is still one of the best action scenes in a comic book movie. Rivalled only by the opening of X2, the train scene in Spidey 2 and the finale of First Class, for me.

Hulks feats from WWH should be taken with a mountain of salt. There was PIS all over the place. The fight with Sentry for example. He conveniently forgot he could speed blitz.

Which brings me onto another point about Thor vs Hulk, there is one area where Thor has a massive advantage but is literally never used. Speed. Thor is a high end bullet timer. He can speed blitz. Hulk is no where near that level of speed. So, in theory Thor could land about 100 blows with Mjolnir on Hulks face before Hulk even perceives the attack.

Again, the fight would be pretty boring though, plus Marvel don't want a gulf in class between their two popular heavyweights. It's called PIS (plot induced stupidity)

It happens all the time in comics, it's just the way it is. Another character who suffers from it is Gladiator. Gladiator is near Pre-Crisis Superman levels. He's nearly as fast as Wally West and pretty much even with Silver Surfer. He can crack planets. But you'll never see him display that type of power when fighting more popular characters. Going by feats he could solo the entire 616 Earth.

Never read so much bs by someone who clearly has a bias agains the Hulk.
Funny how Thor can't even keep up with the likes of spider-man, the freakin' ''mongoose'' and quicksilver. Also, it's incredible how he NEVER uses this famous 'super speed' against his enemies, such as absorbing man, mangog, the wrecking crew, etc.
But, of course, he must use agains the Hulk, otherwise it's pis. LOL.

Hulk is simply much stronger and much more durable/resistent. Fact.

:funny: I have no bias either way. What you've just said is nonsense. Thor is a bullet timer, he can dodge bullets, he can speed blitz, as proved by various feats throughout the years.

Can't even keep up with the likes of Spider-Man and Quicksilver? Errr... well Spider-Man is a high end bullet timer who has pre-cog. And Quicksilver is... Quicksilver. He's basically Marvels version of the Flash. Not keeping up with them isn't exactly something to be ashamed of.

And it's PIS whenever he doesn't use his super speed, no matter who it's against. Whether that is Hulk or the Wrecking Crew, it doesn't matter. The writers either conveniently forget or ignore the fact that Thor has superspeed, because otherwise Thor would just speed blitz them and the fight would be over in one big splash page, which would make for a boring story.

It's pretty clear you're a Hulk fanboy, going by your last line. I don't give a **** if Hulk is stronger. Speed >>> Strength. Just ask a DC fan who has good knowledge of their characters who is the most powerful member of the JLA. Hint: It's not Superman.

I'm not going to get into it any further. I know what some Hulk fans are like. I've had debates with those who think Hulk could knock out Thanos, of all people.

Last edited:
:funny: I have no bias either way. What you've just said is nonsense. Thor is a bullet timer, he can dodge bullets, he can speed blitz, as proved by various feats throughout the years.

Can't even keep up with the likes of Spider-Man and Quicksilver? Errr... well Spider-Man is a high end bullet timer who has pre-cog. And Quicksilver is... Quicksilver. He's basically Marvels version of the Flash. Not keeping up with them isn't exactly something to be ashamed of.

And it's PIS whenever he doesn't use his super speed, no matter who it's against. Whether that is Hulk or the Wrecking Crew, it doesn't matter. The writers either conveniently forget or ignore the fact that Thor has superspeed, because otherwise Thor would just speed blitz them and the fight would be over in one big splash page, which would make for a boring story.

It's pretty clear you're a Hulk fanboy, going by your last line. I don't give a **** if Hulk is stronger. Speed >>> Strength. Just ask a DC fan who has good knowledge of their characters who is the most powerful member of the JLA. Hint: It's not Superman.

Another dumb post by a biased fanboy. Thor has ,again, never speed blitzed anyone. LOL.
Oh, since speed is the 'ultimate power' he should be able to destroy the likes of Thanos within a second! That doesn't even make sense.

Btw, i couldn't care less about what dc fanboys say about speed. The only reason some might consider the Flash the most powerful member has nothing to do with only speed, but with all the tricks he can do with the speed force.

No, because Thanos has FTL reflexes... he can perceive the likes of Silver Surfer moving at FTL. Plus Thanos' durability and shielding is on a level that Hulk and Thor can't even see.

Neither Thor nor Hulk can do things like that.

Point is, Thor is faster than Hulk and can hit nearly as hard. He'd land about 100 blows on Hulk before he can even do anything about it. And 100 blows from Mjolnir within a second is going to send Hulk, and anyone outside of a cosmic powerhouse, to la la land.

I mean unless we're taking everything written in comics at face value. I guess the Black Panther can put Silver Surfer in an armbar. Or Spider-Man can knock out Firelord.

And the Speed Force is speed. If the Flash is running 1000000x FTL and punches someone, it'll be harder than a hit from Superman.

Last edited:
I think Hulk is physically stronger then Thor (Although, both are pretty closely matched in strength to begin with), Hulk continues to grow stronger as he grows madder. So, if a fist fight was to break out in close quarters I think Hulk would eventually win. However, I think that Thor is the better Warrior, between the two and that with Mjolnir, his ability to use lightening, create gail winds as well as fly gives him the upper hand in a battle where they have more space to move around. So, in these situations I think Thor would win. I mean technically Thor could just fly high off the ground avoiding Hulk while just continuously striking him with Lightining. I am not saying that this would defeat Hulk, but it would definitely be a one sided battle in favor of Thor. Also, for those people saying, that Hulk could jump and reach Thor high up in the air, I would say that's true, but Thor could easily see him coming and move out of the way and the Hulk would need to land back on the ground before trying to redirect himself again at Thor. While Thor just keeps repeating the process, and lightining is at light speed giving Hulk really no time to react. Well those are just my thoughts at least.

Surfer

No, because Thanos has FTL reflexes... he can perceive the likes of Silver Surfer moving at FTL. Plus Thanos' durability and shielding is on a level that Hulk and Thor can't even see.

Point is, Thor is faster than Hulk and can hit nearly as hard. He'd land about 100 blows on Hulk before he can even do anything about it. And 100 blows from Mjolnir within a second is going to send Hulk, and anyone outside of a cosmic powerhouse, to la la land.

I mean unless we're taking everything written in comics at face value. I guess the Black Panther can put Silver Surfer in an armbar. Or Spider-Man can knock out Firelord.

And the Speed Force is speed. If the Flash is running 1000000x FTL and punches someone, it'll be harder than a hit from Superman.

God, no! Those two still make me sad. :(

flashes infinite mass punch is the most powerful force in the universe

But these things *did* happen. In continuity. For better or worse, it's canon.

In other words, yes, we do have to take what the creators had published officially by the owners of the characters as "true". We have to take the issues and feats we like along with the ones we don't.

Sorry, but Marvel's official stance > random guy on the Internet's preference.

flashes infinite mass punch is the most powerful force in the universe

Yet...has never killed anyone to my knowledge. But butter knives have. Hmmmm...

Yet...has never killed anyone to my knowledge. But butter knives have. Hmmmm...

That force doesn't necessarily need to kill someone to prove a point.

In countless debates (including in the comic threads here) across the Internet, the reason why comic fans pick the Justice League to defeat The Avengers (other than roster depth) is because of The Flash. His speed is the X-Factor. Speed does indeed kill, which is why I believe Thor has the slight advantage.

Last edited:
Well, I doubt Thor wants to kill Hulk or do serious damage to him, so maybe thats why he never uses them, aside from the writing of course. And depending on how pissed off Hulk is they may have little effect anyway, to be honest i'm not to sure how powerful those attacks are.

A godblast from Thor sent Galactus running for his life, it damaged the skull dome of a CELESTIAL, and a close range version killed someone who pummeled Silver Surfer with his bare hands.

He can even use it without Mjolnir, I don't care how durable Hulk is he can't survive an attack that is designed to destroy immortals (real immortals) without being put out of comission for a period of time.

I think you guys will have to learn to separate comic "powers/strength" from the cinematic ones.

I think you guys will have to learn to separate comic "powers/strength" from the cinematic ones.

True, but I was referring to my post about how Thor seeming forgets to use his most powerul attacks against Hulk in the comics.

A godblast from Thor sent Galactus running for his life, it damaged the skull dome of a CELESTIAL, and a close range version killed someone who pummeled Silver Surfer with his bare hands.

He can even use it without Mjolnir, I don't care how durable Hulk is he can't survive an attack that is designed to destroy immortals (real immortals) without being put out of comission for a period of time.

I don't think Galactus appreciated you mentioning that. :oldrazz: :woot:
[YT]Q3hJPpo74FQ[/YT]

Hahahahahahaha lol, he'll sure appreciate it more than he appreciated Thor's godblast though.

Hulks feats from WWH should be taken with a mountain of salt. There was PIS all over the place. The fight with Sentry for example. He conveniently forgot he could speed blitz.

And the Hulk conveniently forgot about his cosmos-destroying thunderclap.
We could do this all day.
(But, please, let's not.)

Which brings me onto another point about Thor vs Hulk, there is one area where Thor has a massive advantage but is literally never used. Speed. Thor is a high end bullet timer. He can speed blitz. Hulk is no where near that level of speed. So, in theory Thor could land about 100 blows with Mjolnir on Hulks face before Hulk even perceives the attack.

According to Marvel, the Hulk is faster than Thor!

http://marvel.com/characters/bio/1009664/thor
http://marvel.com/characters/bio/1009351/hulk

Check out the "official ratings" Power Grid!

In countless debates (including in the comic threads here) across the Internet, the reason why comic fans pick the Justice League to defeat The Avengers (other than roster depth) is because of The Flash. His speed is the X-Factor. Speed does indeed kill, which is why I believe Thor has the slight advantage.

speeddebate2.jpg

Those Marvel power grids are about as reliable as a 2 wheeled off roader. Hulk isn't faster than Thor. Hulk has no superspeed or super reflexes.

And the Hulk conveniently forgot about his cosmos-destroying thunderclap.
We could do this all day.
(But, please, let's not.)

But that would've destroyed the planet and if I'm not mistaken Hulk just wanted to get revenge on the illuminati not destroy Earth.

Those Marvel power grids are about as reliable as a 2 wheeled off roader. Hulk isn't faster than Thor. Hulk has no superspeed or super reflexes.

Yeah, those grids aren't accurate at all I wouldn't even bring them up in a discussion.

Agreed.

I can't believe people still value strength over speed. Have we not learned from the sweet science or MMA? In most cases, speed triumphs over strength (90 out of a 100 times).

Never read so much bs by someone who clearly has a bias agains the Hulk.
Funny how Thor can't even keep up with the likes of spider-man, the freakin' ''mongoose'' and quicksilver. Also, it's incredible how he NEVER uses this famous 'super speed' against his enemies, such as absorbing man, mangog, the wrecking crew, etc.
But, of course, he must use agains the Hulk, otherwise it's pis. LOL.

Hulk is simply much stronger and much more durable/resistent. Fact.
'no no

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"