The Avengers Hulk Vs Thor - The Movie Edition

I wan to see something like this only with the Hulk riding a returning Mjölnir insted of the Juggernaut! :woot:

thor41115rc2.jpg
thor41116vl7.jpg

:pal: :pal: :pal: :pal: :pal: :pal: :pal:

Last edited:
No, this was perfectly written. Thor's base strength is beyond Hulks. He is physically stronger. Thor holds back when fighting the hulk, even physically, because he can die. As Hulk's strength grows in this lock up, yet Thor doesn't budge? He is generally applying more strength, which means Thor holds back. He's said it himself. Thor never uses full power when fighting the The Hulk, Thor has beaten a stuffed Galactus, Glory, The Surfer, Thor never uses full potential when fighting the Hulk. Why? Because their rivalry is very popular, wouldn't do Marvel any good to have Thor destroy the Hulk everytime, like he should. Thor holds back

I think movie thor wrecks them both

Agreed on both. ;)

No, this was perfectly written. (Thor) is physically stronger.

This has *never* been stated by Marvel.
However, the opposite has.
If you take away every single time the Hulk has *EVER* called himself the strongest, there STILL is no character in the history of comics (regardless of the publisher) that has been cited as the strongest (by narration, other characters, and creators) more than the Hulk.

Thor holds back when fighting the hulk. Thor holds back. He's said it himself. Thor never uses full power when fighting the The Hulk. Thor never uses full potential when fighting the Hulk.

Um....
http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=20323963&postcount=89

Because their rivalry is very popular, wouldn't do Marvel any good to have Thor destroy the Hulk everytime, like he should.

thorowned.jpg

LOL. Still this talk of 'thor holding back' against the hulk? Yeah... he was clearly 'holding back' when fighting the Hulk in FI :'' And now, you die!''

Yet, he could only win by bfr. ;)

I don't want to get heavily into this debate but I just have to laugh that time and time again Hulk has proven himself against Thor yet some people will never accept it, always looking for some excuse. Now to be clear, I'm not saying Hulk should be stomping on Thor every time, they are two fairly evenly matched characters with the outcome going in either ones favour at any given time.

yeah they should be evenly matched
but that page above really pisses me off, makes Thor look like a chump

Well , the story shouldn't be taken seriously... It was really badly written.

Horribly written, they made Thor fight like a goober against Hulk (as usual).

Last edited:
Why do Wolverine & Hulk get equal fights, but Thor & Hulk never do? Hopefully that'll change now that Thor has become a much bigger character recently.

Why do Wolverine & Hulk get equal fights, but Thor & Hulk never do? Hopefully that'll change now that Thor has become a much bigger character recently.

Yeah, but Thor shouldn't do better because he's popular, he should do better because he's powerful. It's Wolverine who should do worse. Much worse.

Yeah, but Thor shouldn't do better because he's popular, he should do better because he's powerful. It's Wolverine who should do worse. Much worse.

To be honest I think that's why Hulk does so well against Thor, because depsite the fact that Thor controls the weather on a planetary scale he never pulls out any big guns against Hulk.

"Oh let me just go toe to toe with a guy that gets stronger the angry he gets instead using my large scale weather powers or Godblast" <---- Thor when he fights Hulk

Hulk is stronger than Thor because Marvel says so.Thats why he wins in a fight but their fight in EMH show did seem like a draw

Well Hulk's stronger than just about everyone (strongest their is), but their's more to winning than be "stronger" than someone.

Everyone knows that, especially when you're opponent controls the storm and has attacks that send Galactus running.

I like the to think of the Hulk and Thor as Marvel's "Stone Cold Steve Austin" and "The Rock".lol Both have had victories over each other and are portrayed in a fairly equal basis at times.

Well Hulk's stronger than just about everyone (strongest their is), but their's more to winning than be "stronger" than someone.

Everyone knows that, especially when you're opponent controls the storm and has attacks that send Galactus running.

There is more to Hulk than just strength though, there's his healing ability and endurance that help greatly in any fight.

The reason Thor and Hulks fights are even is because Thor just dimension dumping Hulk would be a pretty boring fight...

There is more to Hulk than just strength though, there's his healing ability and endurance that help greatly in any fight.

Thor's fought in the core of the sun before, contrary to popular belief he's probably even more durable than Hulk.

The reason Thor and Hulks fights are even is because Thor just dimension dumping Hulk would be a pretty boring fight...

Dimension dumping shouldn't even be necessary, Thor once defeated a LIVING PLANET and cracked the head dome of a Celestial.

I know Hulk fans like to bring up the fact that Hulk usually comes out on top but let's be rational here, the writers always conveniently allowed Thor to forget his most powerful attacks (Godblast, Anti-Force blast, tornadoes, hurricanes).

I'm not even speaking as a Thor fan, I'm saying this from the perspective of someone who can tell when a character's abilities are being shortchanged.

Last edited:
Thor's fought in the core of the sun before, contrary to popular belief he's probably even more durable than Hulk.

Dimension dumping shouldn't even be necessary, Thor once defeated a LIVING PLANET and cracked the head dome of a Celestial.

I know Hulk fans like to bring up the fact that Hulk usually comes out on top but let's be rational here, the writers always conveniently allowed Thor to forget his most powerful attacks (Godblast, Anti-Force blast, tornadoes, hurricanes).

I'm not even speaking as a Thor fan, I'm saying this from the perspective of someone who can tell when a character's abilities are being shortchanged.

Hulk has performed huge feats himself though, the ones you list for Thor are impressive, but some of Hulks are as well, he pulled a planets plates back together in Planet Hulk when The Red King set off a planet destroying device. He took on the whole planet Earth in WWH, and would have destroyed Earth at the end had he not told the heroes to stop him, he cracked Onslaughts armour and damaged Ultron, and many more things I currently cant recall.

Hulk has performed huge feats himself though, the ones you list for Thor are impressive, but some of Hulks are as well, he pulled a planets plates back together in Planet Hulk when The Red King set off a planet destroying device. He took on the whole planet Earth in WWH, and would have destroyed Earth at the end had he not told the heroes to stop him, he cracked Onslaughts armour and damaged Ultron, and many more things I currently cant recall.

I know about all those feats and they are truly amazing, but the feats I listed from Thor can't be done with strength (no matter how much of it you have).

I just find it stupid that Thor's never used a god blast, anti-force blast, or weather control on a planetary scale against a foe as powerful as the Hulk.

Hulk destroyed an Asteroid twice the size of earth.
asteroidstrength.jpg

^^^ That's one of Hulk's most awesome feats in my opinion.

^^^ That's one of Hulk's most awesome feats in my opinion.

I dunno, I was always impressed when Hulk lifted up a whole damn mountain range during the Secret War.

I know about all those feats and they are truly amazing, but the feats I listed from Thor can't be done with strength (no matter how much of it you have).

I just find it stupid that Thor's never used a god blast, anti-force blast, or weather control on a planetary scale against a foe as powerful as the Hulk.

Well, I doubt Thor wants to kill Hulk or do serious damage to him, so maybe thats why he never uses them, aside from the writing of course. And depending on how pissed off Hulk is they may have little effect anyway, to be honest i'm not to sure how powerful those attacks are.

Hulk destroyed an Asteroid twice the size of earth.
asteroidstrength.jpg

I dunno, I was always impressed when Hulk lifted up a whole damn mountain range during the Secret War.

Yep, and the mountain range weighed approx 150 billion tons also, these are two feats I couldnt recall but they are amazing.

Well, I doubt Thor wants to kill Hulk or do serious damage to him, so maybe thats why he never uses them, aside from the writing of course. And depending on how pissed off Hulk is they may have little effect anyway, to be honest i'm not to sure how powerful those attacks are.

Yep, and the mountain range weighed approx 150 billion tons also, these are two feats I couldnt recall but they are amazing.

Yeah, not only his strength increases, but his durability and healing factor as well. ;)

Hulks feats from WWH should be taken with a mountain of salt. There was PIS all over the place. The fight with Sentry for example. He conveniently forgot he could speed blitz.

Which brings me onto another point about Thor vs Hulk, there is one area where Thor has a massive advantage but is literally never used. Speed. Thor is a high end bullet timer. He can speed blitz. Hulk is no where near that level of speed. So, in theory Thor could land about 100 blows with Mjolnir on Hulks face before Hulk even perceives the attack.

Again, the fight would be pretty boring though, plus Marvel don't want a gulf in class between their two popular heavyweights. It's called PIS (plot induced stupidity)

It happens all the time in comics, it's just the way it is. Another character who suffers from it is Gladiator. Gladiator is near Pre-Crisis Superman levels. He's nearly as fast as Wally West and pretty much even with Silver Surfer. He can crack planets. But you'll never see him display that type of power when fighting more popular characters. Going by feats he could solo the entire 616 Earth.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"