Hype News' Hype Awards Extravaganzaramafest!

Mr Sparkle was like Wilhelm in moderation[/irony]. He'd whiplash only once and a while... but when he did... you'd know it. DAMN... you'd know it.

He was Mexican.

DOG LIPS often told me of their late night duets.

how come no-one knows me on these forums?

Aren't i the sex? i'm the sex :woot:

The comment Mr Sparkle was banned for didn't warrant a banning.

Can we get more coverage on the fact that JAL didn't deserve a single award? I mean, sure, the thread was funny, but it was funny because of all the people that posted in it not formerly known as JAL.

Can we get more coverage on the fact that JAL didn't deserve a single award? I mean, sure, the thread was funny, but it was funny because of all the people that posted in it not formerly known as JAL.

i didn't vote that funniest either, but i did vote for him as most improved

the name change isn't an improvement imo, but the way he posts is. his spelling has improved (i know its still bad, so does he, but it still got better), he doesn't flip out and rant as much and the alba thing isn't mentioned daily anymore.

i thought that was a big improvement

The comment Mr Sparkle was banned for didn't warrant a banning.

Sparkle was banned after being told to knock off the baiting on numerous times and simply refusing.

Sparkle was banned after being told to knock off the baiting on numerous times and simply refusing.

The mods banned Sparkle and Wilhelm because they had the audacity to speak out against two Christian fundamentalists. You know, because using the fundamentalists' words against them is just as bad as comparing homosexuals to drug addicts and murderers, or claiming that Muslims are evil.

Hypocrisy reigned supreme in the banning of both Sparkle and Wilhelm. Wilhelm wound up banned for daring to go into a thread and questioning how a Christian could participate in something which goes against his beliefs; yet that very same poster who was "harassed" is still here, posting today, after going into a thread about Michael Jackson's conversion to Islam and going on an unrelenting holy war against his religion. Meanwhile, Sparkle gets banned for claiming that a heterosexual who isn't in a non-monogamous relationship must indeed be gay-- logically arguing against the claim that homosexuals simply choose their sexual orientation. And what happens after Sparkle is banned? The very same poster Wilhelm offended goes on a rant about how he feels homosexuals should be openly discriminated against in the workplace-- AND HE'S STILL HERE.

There was no fairness in the banning of both these posters. Sparkle and Wilhelm baited people into an argument? Well, I'm surprised half the posters here aren't banned, considering most of us bait others into arguments. That's the point of debate.

Last edited:
The mods banned Sparkle and Wilhelm because they had the audacity to speak out against two Christian fundamentalists. You know, because using the fundamentalists' words against them is just as bad as comparing homosexuals to drug addicts and murderers, or claiming that Muslims are evil.

Hypocrisy reigned supreme in the banning of both Sparkle and Wilhelm. Wilhelm wound up banned for daring to go into a thread and questioning how a Christian could participate in something which goes against his beliefs; yet that very same poster who was "harassed" is still here, posting today, after going into a thread about Michael Jackson's conversion to Islam and going on an unrelenting holy war against his religion. Meanwhile, Sparkle gets banned for claiming that a heterosexual who isn't in a non-monogamous relationship must indeed be gay-- logically arguing against the claim that homosexuals simply choose their sexual orientation. And what happens after Sparkle is banned? The very same poster Wilhelm offended goes on a rant about how he feels homosexuals should be openly discriminated against in the workplace-- AND HE'S STILL HERE.

There was no fairness in the banning of both these posters. Sparkle and Wilhelm baited people into an argument? Well, I'm surprised half the posters here aren't banned, considering most of us bait others into arguments. That's the point of debate.

The poster you cite is on the last chance list and like Sparkle has had numerous infractions for his actions.

And you truly have no idea why Sparkle was banned. That wasn't the reason at all.

And you truly have no idea why Sparkle was banned. That wasn't the reason at all.

I witnessed the entire exchange, Matt. You even quoted the post Sparkle made when you informed him he was banned. I'm not arguing that Sparkle didn't bait those posters in an argument. I'm arguing that the posters Sparkle debated have acted the same way since he was banned and have said far more outrageous things which, quite frankly, merited bannings themselves.

You're wrong. That is all there is to it. The reason you gave is not why Sparkle was banned. I know as I banned him. But frankly, it is not your business. It is between Sparkle and the staff.

Guys this is not a matter for Mee's thread, if you want to discuss this then PM's is the place.

You're wrong. That is all there is to it. The reason you gave is not why Sparkle was banned. I know as I banned him. But frankly, it is not your business. It is between Sparkle and the staff.
Spoken like the true Dick of the Year. :cmad:

Spoken like the true Dick of the Year. :cmad:

Hey, I said I'm trying for the repeat...in fact...I would like to use this thread to officially declare I am trying for the THREEPEAT! How's that for your front page, Mee?

This thread isn't to air out concerns over the whether or not a banning was fair or unfair. If you want to continue to discuss this with Matt or anybody else on our staff, feel free to PM any one of us. I don't think Mee wants his news thread filled with page after page of debating on the merits of a banning and find a fun thread being closed due to the off topicness of it all. That being said Jman, I a not trying to shove aside your concern or your opinion because it is perfectly welcome, just not in this thread.

Hey, I said I'm trying for the repeat...in fact...I would like to use this thread to officially declare I am trying for the THREEPEAT! How's that for your front page, Mee?
Threepeat spelled backwards is Taepeerht, think about that.

This thread isn't to air out concerns over the whether or not a banning was fair or unfair. If you want to continue to discuss this with Matt or anybody else on our staff, feel free to PM any one of us. I don't think Mee wants his news thread filled with page after page of debating on the merits of a banning and find a fun thread being closed due to the off topicness of it all. That being said Jman, I a not trying to shove aside your concern or your opinion because it is perfectly welcome, just not in this thread.

Mee loves the controversy. Good for selling papers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"