Hype News' Hype Awards Extravaganzaramafest!

Mee

2 E's are better than 1
Reaction score
Another year comes to an end. 2008 was a year of transition for the Hype. A flood of new posters brought in by The Dark Knight, and the loss of icons like Wilhelm-Scream, Mr. Sparkle, and Not Jake.

Let us have a moment of silence for those we lost.

graves.jpg

On the plus side, Ronny Shade is back!

yes.jpg

So as this year closes, we find ourselves in Hype Awards time once again.

The complete list of winners, for those who don't know-

Overall Hype
Funniest Poster - Eggyman
Smartest Poster- Jaguarr
"It" Boy- Hunter Rider
"It" Girl- AndthePickles
Newbie of the Year- The Ace of Knaves
Banned Poster of the Year- Wilhelm-Scream
Funniest Thread of the Year- I feel like such an idiot! by The Apatow Crew
Hype Thread of the Year- The Sarah Palin Thread by Terry78
Moderator of the Year
Most Improved Poster- The Apatow Crew
Hypetime Achievement Award- TheCorpulent1
Overall Hype Poster of the Year- Erzengel
Dick of the Year- Matt

Other Forums
Comics Poster of the Year- (TIE) Anubis & Dread
General Movies Poster of the Year- Hunter Rider
Sports Forum Poster of the Year- Immortalfire
TV Series Poster of the Year- (TIE) Slinger and TheCorpulent1
Politics Poster of the Year- jmanspice
RPG Poster of the Year- Master Bruce
Best Fan Fic- What Happens Next? You Choose! By Spider-Fan
Best Artist- DorkyFresh
Most Helpful with Technical Information- Malice

Community Forum
Community Poster of the Year- Erzengel
Community Thread of the Year- I feel like such an idiot! by The Apatow Crew

Batman Forum
Batman Forums Poster of the Year - Anita18
Batman Forums Thread of theYear - The Viral Threads

Hellboy Forum
Hellboy Forums Poster of the Year - HellMistress
Hellboy Forums Thread of the Year - No Award Given

Iron Man Forum
Iron Man Forums Poster of the Year - IronFan72
Iron Man Forums Thread of the Year - Official Iron Man Caption Thread

The Punisher Forum
Punisher Poster of the Year- No Award Given
Punisher Forums Thread of the Year- No Award Given

The Spirit Forum
Spirit Forums Poster of the Year- theMan-Bat
Spirit Forums Thread of the Year- How is Miller Ruining the Spirit?

Miscellaneous Awards
Best Comic Film of 2008- The Dark Knight
Best Comic Book of 2008- Green Lantern
Best Comic Book Storyline of 2008- Sinestro Corp Wars
Best Comic Character of 2008- Batman
Best TV Show of 2008- Lost

(brail version avaiable upon request)

Now Hype News is honored to bring you one by one, the winners. Join me as we share in their joy, taste their happiness, and snort their excitement.

What better way to start off, than with Poster of the Year, Erzengel...

1. OK, I clear this up for me. You're never on the Hype. You swoop in every couple months and say "remember how cool I am?" and even the people who just joined are like "I wanna be inside you like Luke was inside that fuzzy llama thing." And now you're Poster of the Year. How can this be?

Mee you rapscallion. I love that word rapscallion. I don't think it's used as much now as in the 40s. :csad: Anywho, Mee, how can you quantify greatness. I cannot help that I come here and people offer me a beer or a night with their sister. I just can't. I can't explain my likability. It's like asking the sun why it rises in the morning. I want to say it's hard work, but it's not. I hop out of bed just like this. :o

Ronny Shade: Do you hop into bed that way too? Rawr.

2. What do you see in your Hype-future? Even less time spent here?

I'm running out of things here Mee. :csad:
Survivor Winner - Check
Survivor Host - Check
Deathmatch Finalist - Check
"IT" Boy - Check
Poster of the Year - Check

I think I'm either going to shoot for a Hypetime Achievement Award or a Best Banned poster. Time will tell.

3. Why aren't you a mod yet? They all do what you say anyway.

Guilt by association. :csad: I will never know the redness in a name as long as I associate with hooligans.

4. In your eyes, who was Poster of the Year?

I think there are so many worthy posters. Knowsbleed, Eggy, Hunter, Show, TOB, DBella, ATP, Jag, but I like me more than them so I'm going to have to go with myself.

Had to stop the interview there when he started having making love to himself. More interviews on the way! This has been Mee, for Hype News.

More news as it comes...
So sit tight chums...

Next up, It Boy 08, Hunter Rider...

It Boy 08, thy name is Hunter Rider. You join the It club alongside... Erzengel? What's going through your mind right now?

Shock, I wasn't expecting to win, I didn't even realize I was in the running.

What do you think It is, when did you get it, and how do other people know you have it?

I think It is an intangible, not knowing you have it is part of having it, I think.... b/c I clearly didn't know, heh.

Who was your It Boy choice? It's ok to be aroused by other men, don't be ashamed.

Eggy.

Looking forward to the It Boy/Girl dance with ATP? Spoons won't mind I'm sure.

Haha! she is lovely and well deserving, so off to the e-dance!

Well that was about as exciting as playing chess by yourself. Let's move on to the people's champ, JAL...

So, Most Improved Poster huh? How's that workin for ya?

Yes, most improved. I think its working pretty damn well for me. Only more good things are bound to happen for me now i predict.

Cool. Say hi to your mother for me.

Now that you're improved, how much do you think you sucked before? Was the name change a major factor in your newfound not so sucky-ness?

I admit i was a massive *****e bag with a obession that pissed off everyone around me. I had this thing happen to me in about March when i quit my mcjob. and a few months ago i figured it was about time to finish the job and ditch the JAL name for good.

Looking to take the crown again next year? Movin on up and all that jazz?

Yes next year I hope to be poster of the year and all that other Jazz. I'm looking to be the new Erz.:hehe: So he better watch out for himself.

AW SNAP SON!

When the baby comes, I'm gonna buy you a mug that says "Most Improved Dad," you're welcome.

Yes thank you, you're welcome aswell. Were give the kid Mee as their middle name. Make it 2 e's to make it extra special.:woot:

I'm...not sure how to feel about that. :dry:

Stay tuned!

I promise to follow this more closely next year. I did not know about Mr. Sparkle and Not Jake.

:whatever:

We lost him. Those three guys were banned.

Did a bunch of new TDK posters win? Try to keep up. :cmad:
woops, I read that wrong. I though it said who lost. woops. Silly Me.

I was robbed this year :csad:

You could've run away with the Best Person Named Alex category, too bad we don't have that anymore.

He won last year.

Oh look! Here comes our Dick of the Year, Matt!

How does it make you feel, to be crowned Dick of the Year?

It felt great. This is the big one (pun intended). I don't care what Poster of the Year or It Boy says, this is the award you shoot for. It essentially makes you the George Costanza of the Hype...and who doesn't want to be Costanza?

Whatever helps you sleep at night Champ.

What kind of training, if any, did you require, to achieve this...achievment?

It was easier than most people think. The first step was convincing myself I could win the award, and getting the right mental state. I changed my CT a couple months ago to fit my training regiment for DOTY. Once I had my new CT, all I really had to do was collectively piss off the entire Batboard to do this. And lets face it, those people are ****ing psychoes. It wasn't hard. These people will devote hours of their life to playing some stupid, anal, repetitive game to see a picture of the Joker from a slightly different angle than the last one they saw. Pissing them off enough to make them take ten seconds of their lives to vote is easy.

Plus I pissed off the LeSofties for good measure as well.

Not I. :heart:

Do you feel like this was no contest? That you were Peyton Manning among a sea of Ryan Leafs, or do you have some competition?

Oh, I had great competition, I think. The Batboarders as a whole were in the running, so that is tough to beat. Plus we have old favorites like Morg and Slim going for a repeat win. And there are always the possibilities of new contenders. Fran made an ass of himself on this board prior to being banned. You start to question whether that is still fresh in people's minds. But in the end, my dickiness won out and the Hypsters made the right choice.

Are you hoping to repeat next year? Then we could call you Double Dick. That'd be neat huh?

It really would be. I guess I'll just have to shoot for the stars and see where it goes.

You stay classy, Dick.

Hey Mee, maybe next year you can create a category that I would have a shot at because I don't think I'm going to ever qualify for the ones that you do have.

Erz did all that, you'll have to bark up his tree.

Man, Mee is so elite.

Hey Mee, maybe next year you can create a category that I would have a shot at because I don't think I'm going to ever qualify for the ones that you do have.

I was here 5 years before I won one. Just do what comes naturally for you. I didn't start my Fan Fic for the purpose of winning the award. I'm just glad people enjoyed it enough to vote for it :up:

You bribed people to vote for you! :o

Funny haha, not funny queer, (well maybe both) the Funniest Poster...Eggyman!

What does being crowned Funniest Poster mean to you?

It's a great pleasure! I love these boards - the entertainment is great on here... and I am happy to add to that.

Honestly, I don't know you very well. All I remember are bad egg puns, which equals very little on the funny scale. What did you do to step up your game to the streets and stomp out the competition on the yard?

'Egg puns', honestly? I don't think you've been paying attention. :o

I didn't really step up my game, I just got to know people on here better, as they did with me. Once that happened it was easier to give an accurate portrayal of myself, which was a good job because I noticed the lack of comedy on the boards once you disappeared up Wilhelm's ass.

You should've won Meanest Poster. :csad:

You're now in an elite club. Among Wilhelm-Scream, Lackey, and yours truly, what does that mean to you?

Well, I think Wilhelm is REALLY funny, so it's a great honour to win the award... as I said before. Being 'elite', however, doesn't mean that much to me. If anything.

Now who's all up on Wilhelm's hind-quarters? :o

Who on the Hype makes you giggle like a schoolgirl?

Knowsbleed - he got my vote. I wouldn't enjoy this place half as much without him around.

See? Funny queer.

More to come...

Yes...I didn't win anything!!!

Just be yourself and in time you will win...or something like that. I'm sure that if I keep doing what I've been doing for another 5 years I'll be sure to.

Newbie of the Year, Ace of Knaves!

You won Newbie of the Year, you are the best of your generation. Do you feel like you've peaked, or do you more to offer?

To be honest, I thought there was people more deserving of it than me. Aeghast with his avvy making skills and Marx seems like a nice guy who knows what he is talking about on many subjects. But I am pretty proud of getting the award, it shows that i'm not a complete idiot!
I don't think i've peaked, i'm just gonna keep on doing my thing! I always try to be nice to people if I think they are deserving of it and I like to help people out if they have problems with something. But I think the best thing I offer is just, I dunno, a easy going attitude? It takes a lot to piss me off, I suppose that can't be said for some people on here.

Ah-ha, the niceness approach. I was like you once. Then they break you. :csad:

What brought you to the Hype, and what was your first impression of the melting pot of insanity that is our community?

Well I was lurking here since the build up to Batman Begins. I tried to sign up last year a few times but for some strange reason my activation email wasn't being sent. Then TDK came along this year and I tried again, this time with success! :D But it wasn't just Batman, i've loved comics for years and this is great place to talk about them and other things.
The community? HAHA a great place. Crazy but great! I think it's brilliant to be able to just talk about random things with people you don't really know. You haven't gotta worry about creed or race or none of that bollox, there is interests for everyone.

You know winning this means your Erz's new "toy," right?

HAHA. NEVER!!!! :hehe::hehe:

I thought Mr. Sparkle was just on an indeterminate hiatus. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"