Hype Survivor Hype Survivor 21: **** CITY! Day 9 - History Lesson

I don't monitor your tribe but I think at least your Captain submitted your answers.

Putting together results, will be posting momentarily. In the mean time here are the questions and answers...

Matt said:
Questions

1) What did Superherohype start out as?
2) Who was the first non-moderator to register at the above site?
3) Who is famous for hassling the Hoff and provide the picture that goes with this (1 point for each part of the answer)?
4) What was Malice’s original user name?
5) Who is Matt’s famed nemesis who coined the phrase “Man-Spider”?
6) Who is Matt’s famed nemesis who coined the phrase “Badly Joker”?
7) What famous poster posted “All your bases are belong to us” on every thread of every sub forum front page simultaneously?
8) Describe in detail the Aunt Petunia scandal.
9) Provide the famous picture that goes with the above mentioned scandal.
10) Who has won each year of the SHHFFL (For the current year say who is in first place) (team names and the owner)? (1 point for each answer)
11) Who has been commissioner each year of SHHFFL? (1 point for each answer)
12) Who created Hype Survivor?
13) How was Hype Survivor originally played?
14) What former moderator was not only fired but banned for posting a PM conversation? What forum did (s)he moderate? (1 point for each part of the answer)
15) What mythical forum disappeared on the grounds that “it fits in with community”?
16) Who was the first second generation moderator?
17) Who was Mindworm?
18) Who did Mindworm claim to be?
19) What is and who created Marvel 2017?
20) What poster was famous for having been beat up by his nephew?

ESSAY QUESTION! (worth 10 points, will be graded by yours truly)

Describe in detail the famous “Michelle Pfieffer” thread. Name the key players and give a narrative of how it began to how it ended.

Answers

1) Spider-ManHype!
2) Spider-ManHype! (Note: I said excluding Moderators, Mirko is an ADMINISTRATOR, I warned you to read questions carefully).
3) Sabonis
(There was a picture of him shaking the hand of a cardboard cut out of the Hoff some time back).
4) Spider-Tech
5) Mr. Parker
6) Bakerboy
7) M0dR0cker
8) Aunt Petunia impersonated a woman on the Hype using a false photo from another forum. Eventually the girl caught on and posted her picture with the caption “I am not aunt petunia”
9)
auntpetuniapm9.jpg

10) Malice's Marauders (Malice), atmshaun (atmshaun), Slipknot (slipknot), Mindless Minions (Mee), Matt's Manspiders (Matt)
11) Malice, Malice, Daisy, Malice, TMOB
12) Reader
13) There was an immunity competition, then a poll site was set up and it was an open vote. You did not have to play the game to vote.
14) Erik Magnus Lensherr, RPG Forum
15) The political and current event forum
16) Kevin Roegel
17) Forevershiningknight
18) FSK’s brother
19) Peter_Parker, a popular fanfiction series that several hypesters created stories for in 2001.
20) Jonty

So which team won, Matt? I doubt it's the Blue Men. :csad:

The Children All Over Town

1) What did Superherohype start out as? spider-manhype - Correct, 1 point

2) Who was the first non-moderator to register at the above site? Spider-Man Hype - Correct, 1 point

3) Who is famous for hassling the Hoff and provide the picture that goes with this (1 point for each part of the answer)?
Malice?
http://www.poster.net/hasselhoff-david/hasselhoff-david-photo-xl-david-hasselhoff-6210197.jpg - Wrong

4) What was Malice’s original user name?
Malicia before his sex change...:huh: - Wrong

5) Who is Matt’s famed nemesis who coined the phrase “Man-Spider”? Mr. Parker - Correct, 1 point

6) Who is Matt’s famed nemesis who coined the phrase “Badly Joker”? bakerboy - Correct, 1 point

7) What famous poster posted “All your bases are belong to us” on every thread of every sub forum front page simultaneously?
m0dr0cker - Correct, 1 point

8) Describe in detail the Aunt Petunia scandal.
A supposed attractive female poster (who was known to post pictures of 'herself' was later revealed to be a male. The pictures were actually of another young woman on a different site.It was exposed when the actual girl he was posting pic's of showed up here through a friend of hers and called him on it, embarrassing the hell out of him and forcing to admit what he'd done. Aunt Petunia later became Franklin Richards and still posts,occasionally making jokes about the incident and the illicit private messages he received from various posters complimenting his believed appearance. - Correct, 1 point

9) Provide the famous picture that goes with the above mentioned scandal.
auntpetuniapm9.jpg

Correct, 1 point

10) Who has won each year of the SHHFFL (For the current year say who is in first place) (team names and the owner)? (1 point for each answer)
03- Malice, with Malices Marauders
04- atmshawn
05- Slipknot, with Slipknot
06- Mee, with Mindless Minions
07- Current leader is Matt, with Matt's Man Spiders

Correct, 5 points

11) Who has been commissioner each year of SHHFFL? (1 point for each answer)

03 Malice.
04 Malice
05 Daisy
06 Malice
07 TMOB

Correct, 5 points

12) Who created Hype Survivor?
Reader - Correct, 1 point

13) How was Hype Survivor originally played?
Just quick little challenges that you could blink and miss. - Wrong

14) What former moderator was not only fired but banned for posting a PM conversation? What forum did (s)he moderate? (1 point for each part of the
answer)EML. X-Men forum - Partial credit, 1 point

15) What mythical forum disappeared on the grounds that “it fits in with community”? Political Forum - Correct, 1 point

16) Who was the first second generation moderator?
Dog Lips - Wrong

17) Who was Mindworm?Forevershiningknight - Correct, 1 point

18) Who did Mindworm claim to be?Forevershiningknight's brother. -Correct, 1 point

19) What is and who created Marvel 2017?
A Hype Fan Fiction Universe set in the Marvel U in the year 2017. Dog Lips - Wrong

20) What poster was famous for having been beat up by his nephew? Jonty/War Lord - Correct, 1 point

Essay Question:

Bakerboy had an immense love of actress Michelle Pfeiffer. It is thought his name comes from the film Michelle was in The Fabulous Bakerboys. He also thought Michelle should be cast in every movie, no matter what the role. He often called for Michelle to be cast as Mary Jane in the Spider-Man movies. He would constantly say, "Michelle Pfiefer is the most beautiful most good most smart actress alive and I love her".

Bakerboy made a thread in Misc Films in late 2000 claiming he was in love with Michelle Pfieffer. A few members from the old days including Matt asked him how it is possible for him to be in love with someone who he has never met. He flipped out, Bakerboy style...he called Matt a "badly joker" (thus spawning his title). He claimed he wanted to kill David E. Kelly so he could have Michelle. It was just an entire thread of Bakerboy ranting about how much he loved Michelle Pfieffer and the rest of them calling him a stalker which caused him to flip out.

He claimed to be madly in love with Michelle and showed a great deal of animosity towards her husband David E. Kelley. Kevin Roegele, Cyclops, Dew, and Matt, as well a few others all pushed his buttons, cause those were the days on the Hype where you could make fun of the obviously crazy without Morg being a jerk and ending the fun. It climaxed with him threatening to rape and kill the mothers of Kevin, Cyclops, Matt and Dew. Dew acknowledged that we all pushed him, closed the thread and warned all parties involved. He then popped up again as the partner in crime of Mr. Parker in the "Organics Suck" thread and the rest is history.

Perfect. 10 out of 10

TOTAL POINTS: 33 OUT OF 40

Impressive.

O boy... to Tribal Council we go. Congrats, Children.

1) What did Superherohype start out as? - Spider-Man Hype! - Correct. 1 point.

2) Who was the first non-moderator to register at the above site? - echostation - Wrong

3) Who is famous for hassling the Hoff and provide the picture that goes with this (1 point for each part of the answer)? - Lightning Strikez
729kjex.jpg
- Wrong

4) What was Malice’s original user name? - BMF - Wrong

5) Who is Matt’s famed nemesis who coined the phrase “Man-Spider”? Mr. Parker - Correct. 1 point.

6) Who is Matt’s famed nemesis who coined the phrase “Badly Joker”?- Bakerboy - Correct. 1 point.

7) What famous poster posted “All your bases are belong to us” on every thread of every sub forum front page simultaneously? - m0dr0cker - Correct. 1 point.

8) Describe in detail the Aunt Petunia scandal. - Aunt Petunia was believed to be a cute Asian girl, she posted here for 3 years before being exposed as being a man by a friend of the girl who's pic he was using. She was a stripper and he knew from some acting classes they had went to, he said he did it as part of his acting course to see if he could fool everyone. all the dudes who had tried to crack onto Her in PM that she posted were pissed. - Correct. 1 point.

9) Provide the famous picture that goes with the above mentioned scandal. -
6xpzloz.jpg
- Correct. 1 point.

10) Who has won each year of the SHHFFL (For the current year say who is in first place) (team names and the owner)? (1 point for each answer) - - Wrong

11) Who has been commissioner each year of SHHFFL? (1 point for each answer) - TMOB - Partial credit, 1 point

12) Who created Hype Survivor? - Tuki. - Wrong

13) How was Hype Survivor originally played? - Via PM's
- Wrong

14) What former moderator was not only fired but banned for posting a PM conversation? What forum did (s)he moderate? (1 point for each part of the answer) - EML/The RPG forum. - Correct. 1 point.

15) What mythical forum disappeared on the grounds that “it fits in with community”? - Politics - Correct. 1 point.

16) Who was the first second generation moderator? - Kevin Roegele - Correct. 1 point.

17) Who was Mindworm? - A hardcore Christian zealot. - While partially true, not the answer I was looking for so wrong

18) Who did Mindworm claim to be? - Jesus - Wrong

19) What is and who created Marvel 2017? It was a fan fiction group, that many of the posters participated in, setting the Marvel universe at 2017. I think it was created by Reader? I participated with a 22 story about a group of mutant children called The StepChildren - Wrong

20) What poster was famous for having been beat up by his nephew? - Jonty- Correct. 1 point.

Essay Question

No Essay submitted - Wrong

TOTAL SCORE - A PATHETIC 11 OUT OF 40

Well, clearly their was a break down in communications among other things. The Blue Men have gone from the pedigree tribe to not even being a challenge for the Children. Hopefully they can use tribal council to take away a poisionous element and come out on top next time. The Children have mad the choice to exile The Original Bamfer.

On a side note. Tribal council will last for 48 hours this time around due to the holiday. PMs will be sent shortly and the results will be due on friday. Happy Turkey Day!

Hahahahahaha

Ahahaha

When does this end? 2008?

The game usually lasts about 2 months as was made very clear in the sign up thread. We've been going for about a month and are about half way through the game despite the set backs, so it should end in late december.

Hahahahahaha

Ahahaha
Yes, we're VERY pathetic in this challenge. I must say that I am very impressed by your tribe this time. VERY. :up:

Communication among the Blue Men was awful this time round.

i thought you guys would win because you have a mod with you.

Yes, we're VERY pathetic in this challenge. I must say that I am very impressed by your tribe this time. VERY. :up:

Agreed. Damn work. :down

Class act, all the way. Sort of makes me feel bad about your tribal council PM :csad:

Anyway, all PMs are sent, you have til 3 pm on friday to vote. Got a suprise for you guys on friday, so don't slack :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"