I blame Zatanna for Young Justice's cancellation

King Ruler

Sidekick
Reaction score
If she was never a member of the Justice League, she wouldn't have been around when Raven arrived to gain help from them to stop her father Trigon. Without a Zatanna, then there wouldn't have been someone to sense "the evil in her" right away, and she wouldn't have been turned down. Raven would've became a Leaguer and they would've eventually stopped Trigon. With Raven a part of the League, she wouldn't have had a reason for reforming the Titans, and then there wouldn't have been a second Teen Titans comic series. Without that specific Titans run, Cartoon Network's Sam Register wouldn't have had a favorite Teen Titans book to base a series off of. And with no new Teen Titans cartoon, there wouldn't have been a reason for cancelling the Young Justice comic book in favor of a Teen Titans comic book that somewhat coincides with the show that would've been had there been a second run of Teen Titans.

So yeah, I blame Zantanna.

I need to stop eating lasagna. I'm going to bed now.

Why must you re-open old wounds? I just got off of an hour and a half of watching Spaced and now I'm complelled to quote the series ti express my frustraition with the comic book industry. :csad:

Young Justice should have been Teen Titans in the first place.

No one gave a damn about the Titans that were around when YJ was in action. Hell they weren't even teens.

Switching YJ to TT and Titans to Outsiders was a good move and was the launch point for the new DCU.

And really, you're going to blame Zatanna for something she was written to do?

Young Justice was pretty good, but I wouldn't give up the Wolfman/Perez Titans or the Geoff Johns Titans for them. The first six issues of the Johns Titans had more character development than nearly the whole run of Young Justice in regards to Wondergirl, Superboy, Robin and Impulse/Kid Flash.

Feel free to flame, I won't be listening.

If I were you Purple Man, I'd really invest in a dictionary and look up the word "joke".

young justice was the greatest thing ever, dixons robin was the second bestest thing ever and the superboy ongoing was awesome as well.

dc must of been pissed that they were better than batman superman and the titans, so they ordered that young justice end and drained of all fun, ripped the team apart and put them in the titans

robin was awesome his family and steph set him apart from being a dick clone. so they killed all that tim held dear until he turned into a doubt ridden wuss.

DRINKPOST.jpg

but Zatanna was a member of the League before Raven even existed. if it bothers you that much maybe she could mindwipe you to forget Young Justice completely.

also, the character from Chasing Amy that you're quoting in your signature is named Hooper, not Cooper.

Dope Nose said:
also, the character from Chasing Amy that you're quoting in your signature is named Hooper, not Cooper.

Yeah I kinda realized this quite sometime ago, but to be honest I'm much to lazy to change it. :oldrazz:

Harlekin said:
If I were you Purple Man, I'd really invest in a dictionary and look up the word "joke".

At least someone understands me. :csad:

Purple Man said:
Young Justice should have been Teen Titans in the first place.

No one gave a damn about the Titans that were around when YJ was in action. Hell they weren't even teens.

Switching YJ to TT and Titans to Outsiders was a good move and was the launch point for the new DCU.

And really, you're going to blame Zatanna for something she was written to do?

Young Justice was pretty good, but I wouldn't give up the Wolfman/Perez Titans or the Geoff Johns Titans for them. The first six issues of the Johns Titans had more character development than nearly the whole run of Young Justice in regards to Wondergirl, Superboy, Robin and Impulse/Kid Flash.

Feel free to flame, I won't be listening.

But the character developement was rushed, forced, and quite random. I personally think that Teen Tiotans is not only inferior to YJ, but by far one of Johns' worst books. Not the worst, of course, but one of them.

This is how I see it: YJ wasn't necessarily about character development. Is was just about the kids beings kids as well as heroes, something the new Titans aren't. The current team is all work no play. Peter really humanized the superheroes, for lack of better word. But that's how I see it.

But now that I think about, YJ wasn't without it's own character devolpment. It really did have it's moments. Like when Robin was having that little nervous breakdown of his when he was on the reality show and he created that alias of his.

Or when Empress's father was killed and Wonder Girl became leader and stepped up to the plate to help her friend. Wonder Girl didn't start off that way. She was just a girl with powers who was always about proving herself, but kinda eased up a bit. Later on when she became leader, she knew she had a duty to uphold and did a damned good job, if you ask me.

Johns' Titans run basically just shat on YJ. He made Impulse into Kid Flash, something Impulse swore he would never do. YJ wasn't about following a legacy. It was about being their own hero, but Johns went all Silver Age and Old School and had Impulse become Kid Flash. Even during the "Sins of Youth" and the "Our World's At War" issues, in the future Robin grew up to still be Robin, and Impulse still remained Impulse (excusing the fact that he was missing from the "future" in the OWAW issue). But once they became Titans, Johns has them already going down the path of following that legacy (that Robin must become Batman, Impulse must become The Flash, etc.)

But that's just how I feel.

Harlekin said:

But you'd take away his gimmick. He's the "I take everything too seriously" Man.

Kick me in the sack if Im wrong...but I'm fairly certain that the initial post in this thread was meant as a joke, not an actual starting point for serious debate.

Kick me in the sack if I'm wrong.....but I'm fairly certain you just stated the obvious.

I thought we were supposed to blame Hal Jordan for everything wrong at DC

No, we figured out its actually not Hal's fault, but Geoff Johns' fault for bringing him back and continue to write him like a *****ebag.

Darthphere said:
No, we figured out its actually not Hal's fault, but Geoff Johns' fault for bringing him back and continue to write him like a *****ebag.
So Hal Jordan is DC's version of Tony Stark?

Darthphere said:
Kick me in the sack if I'm wrong.....but I'm fairly certain you just stated the obvious.

Obvious to whom? The people who thought this was meant to be serious?

Heretic said:
Obvious to whom? The people who thought this was meant to be serious?

Obvious to the people who read the 10 posts before yours where they had already stated it was a joke.:o

Oh, so the board police decides that just because others pointed it out first that I cant rub peoples egos a tad more? Thats right, sweep under the rug the complete lack of ability to spot a joke thread while insulting the people pointing it out, total cop-out move, but I expect that from you.

The point is, it didn't need to be pointed out, because it had already been pointed out, numerous times. You tried to joke, and your joke failed. There's nothing wrong with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"