I cried,.. ...

PUNK AZZ FIRE DEPT.

House Fire Kills Three Children

POSTED: 6:58 am PST February 7, 2008
UPDATED: 12:35 pm PST February 7, 2008

SPRING VALLEY, Calif. -- Officials have identified the three children whose bodies were found in the charred ruins of an East County home Thursday morning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View Images | Watch Video
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The fire killed three siblings, injured a teenage cousin and destroyed their grandparent's home Wednesday night, NBC 7/39 reported.

The medical examiner's office said Thursday morning that the children killed in the fire were Austin Buskirk, 2; Andrew Buskirk, 4; and Abbey Buskirk, 6.

The fire was reported at about 10:30 p.m. not far from Highway 125 in the 9000 block of Avocado Street near Valencia Street in Spring Valley, officials said. When crews from the San Miguel Fire Department arrived, the roof was engulfed in flames.

Two grandparents got out of the home safely. The 18-year-old cousin escaped, but he had third-degree burns on his hands and was taken to a hospital for treatment, NBC 7/39 reported.

The grandparents told firefighers that the fire was burning too intensely for firefighters to go inside.

"With a situation like this, with the intense heat and roof collapse, the rest of the roof could go at any time," SMFD spokesman Leonard Villarreal said. "They want to proceed carefully in terms of how they proceed, who they let in right now. We don't want any additional injures."
Once crews brought the blaze under control, they entered the home. They found the body of one child in a hallway. Two other bodies were in a back bedroom, officials said.

"We can confirm they are human remains," San Diego County Sheriff's Department spokesman Ver Dayrit said. "The medical examiner's office is completing their investigation."

The cause of the fire has not yet been determined.

I can't let this go.

V.

The Children:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 3deadkids.JPG
    3deadkids.JPG
    6.7 KB · Views: 29
How sad, I don't care what anyone would say...if I heard them screaming I would have went in no matter what.

As for the idiots with gasoline near a fire...my prayers go out to those poor children.

Children Die Trapped In Burning Spring Valley Home

Last Updated:
02-07-08 at 8:56PM

An 18-year-old man's attempt to stoke a fireplace with gasoline in his grandparents' East County home ignited a fast-moving fire that trapped and killed his three young cousins, authorities reported today.

Abbey Van Buskirk, 6, and her brothers, Andrew, 4, and Austin, 2, died last night as flames gutted the house in the 9000 block of Avocado Street in Spring Valley, according to the county Medical Examiner's Office.

The blaze erupted about 10:40 p.m., when the children's cousin, who was watching a movie on television with a group of friends, tried to stoke a dying fire in the home's fireplace by pouring gasoline on it, officials said.

One of the young man's companions, Cameron Bartlett, told reporters the gas spilled on the floor, setting it ablaze.

All the adults were able to escape after several of them tried in vain to save the three young siblings.

Neighbor Joanne Collier described hearing the children's shrieks as the house became engulfed in flames.

"It was a hysterical cry," she told a local news station. "You know, you could hear them screaming, and it was just -- it was horrible."

It took firefighters about 15 minutes to extinguish the flames. They then found the bodies of the children in the charred ruins of the house, said Sgt. Everard Dayrit of the sheriff's bomb-arson unit.

The youngsters' cousin, whose name was not immediately released, was taken to UCSD Medical Center in Hillcrest for treatment of serious burns to one of his hands.

The children had recently moved with their family to San Diego County from Texas, a coroner's investigator said.
If i was there.....Those screams would haunt me for the rest of my life.....

That teenager is going to have to live with that for the rest of his life. I'm sure the kids' parents will have a hard time not wanting to kill him.

On the radio,.. they said that ALL THE ADULTS GOT OUT OKAY,..... BUT THE SCREAMS of the three little kids went on and on.

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN????

cowards . i would of had 80 percent burns on my body trying to rescue those children.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"