I don't see where Superman caused so much destruction

The thing about the Smallville scene is that he was emotional as well. It was his mom and he been put through the ringer in like the last damn hour.

But some people are ridicules and wonder why Superman didn't stop to help because during his fight with Zod. Some folks are acting like he saw someone about to be crushed by a flying car and chose to continue the fight then help.

The thing about the Smallville scene is that he was emotional as well. It was his mom and he been put through the ringer in like the last damn hour.

But some people are ridicules and wonder why Superman didn't stop to help because during his fight with Zod. Some folks are acting like he saw someone about to be crushed by a flying car and chose to continue the fight then help.

the idealists think that violence/ fighting isn't the best solution for problem / confrontation. perhaps they hope to see superman set a better example by solving the issue in a more diplomatic manner. u know...

the idealists think that violence/ fighting isn't the best solution for problem / confrontation. perhaps they hope to see superman set a better example by solving the issue in a more diplomatic manner. u know...

With a bunch of genocidal maniacs? The time for diplomacy passed. The Kryptonians already made up their mind, it's stated many times in the film that they're born this way. There's no changing them. They'll have to be patient and wait for their diplomatic Superman in the next movie especially when Clark meets Diana.

With a bunch of genocidal maniacs? The time for diplomacy passed. The Kryptonians already made up their mind, it's stated many times in the film that they're born this way. There's no changing them. They'll have to be patient and wait for their diplomatic Superman in the next movie especially when Clark meets Diana.

didn't i say idealist? and he is superman. he should achieve all the impossible. in their eyes.

Looks like Godzilla hit it.

Qead.jpg

that was caused by the world engine. superman wasn't even near metroplis when that happened.

The World Engine caused quite a bit of damage, but the majority from that scene is from Zod's ship crashing into several buildings that Superman brought down. They could of easily of had Clark shove the crashing ship into the ocean behind them which is in the shot as the ship starts to crash, instead he's still in the ship as in comes crashing down.

Sorry, I think the right word I'm looking for is "purist" rather than "fan". Those folk who think there's only one way to do Supes on the big screen and those who think Bryan Singer leaving the X-Men franchise was a good thing.

I loved Superman Returns and Man of Steel and after seeing the newest X-Men film I can very well say Bryan leaving was a bad thing. Does this make me crazy?

I loved Superman Returns and Man of Steel and after seeing the newest X-Men film I can very well say Bryan leaving was a bad thing. Does this make me crazy?

unfortunately the storyline he has for superman is too depressing and tv-drama like. and he can't handle chaos... i mean he can't do convincing chaotic scene and complicated action scene.

Remember.... Batman running over cop cars with cops inside them, or Hulk and Thor crashing a Leviathan into Grand Central is not reckless and must not be judged. Superman losing his cool because Martha Kent, HIS MOTHER, is being threatened must be excoriated for all time.

Did anyone say what is in bold? No one is excusing Batman's behavior in particular and I don't have a problem with cops in the Nolan films holding him accountable for his behavior.

It should be noted, however, Batman was trying to get Rachel who was poisoned to the Batcave and police were hostile, so his desparate behavior is somewhat understandable. The concept of being a vigilante not directly working with police includes taking risks that have potential for recklesness.

I don't see how you can compare that Superman intentionally destroying buildings. It doesn't make sense for you to punch General Zod miles away through several buildings and leave your mother lying on the dirt ground with his two deadly henchmen. I can see punching General Zod and his henchmen away and then flying away with mother. What we saw in Man of Steel didn't make much sense or inspire hope into movie going audience.

Did anyone say what is in bold? No one is excusing Batman's behavior in particular and I don't have a problem with cops in the Nolan films holding him accountable for his behavior.

It should be noted, however, Batman was trying to get Rachel who was poisoned to the Batcave and police were hostile, so his desparate behavior is somewhat understandable. The concept of being a vigilante not directly working with police includes taking risks that have potential for recklesness.

I don't see how you can compare that Superman intentionally destroying buildings. It doesn't make sense for you to punch General Zod miles away through several buildings and leave your mother lying on the dirt ground with his two deadly henchmen. I can see punching General Zod and his henchmen away and then flying away with mother. What we saw in Man of Steel didn't make much sense or inspire hope into movie going audience.

Superman intentionally destroying buildings, when did that happen ?

In Smallville Superman clearly lost his cool at first, there was nothing intentional there - plus that Superman's first fight ever, first use of his superstrength and speed/flight in a combat situation. So we can expect him to look pretty sloppy.

What we saw was a raw, green Superman on day one of his Earth-saving career. He clearly didn't think that through. One of the best things about Man of Steel was Superman doing the best he could, and getting stuff wrong.
If you watch the honest trailer for Man of Steel, Nick Mundy goes off his head and makes a bunch of generalizations about things he didn't like in the film....
but they're things that didn't actually happen. It's like his impression of the film was so unpalatable that he couldn't accept what he was actually seeing.

As such, I think a lot of people are put off by the sheer scope of destruction.
Personally, I find it weird, because in the comics stuff gets messed up all the time. That clip where the poster compares it to a visit by Godzilla, well to be honest, for Superman to get involved, the stakes should be pretty high.
That's what makes it a job for Superman.

As far as Batman goes. If we take a minute and stop thinking of him as the hero of the film and look at his actions he makes lots of questionable moves
- squashing the cop cars is one, but the mines against the cop cars is even worse, those cops would have been badly hurt.
Kind of like in TDK when instead of trying to talk down the SWAT team, he just bashes them. I remember seeing it and thinking......hmmmm maybe he could have at least tried to say something. But who knows, maybe Batman knows that Gotham SWAT are just trigger happy and didn't think he had the time.

But in the end, it doesn't really matter ! He's Batman and we let that stuff go.

As far as Superman inspiring Hope, well personally I found it quite hopeful that he was willing to kill to protect his adopted home. That he made a tough choice and didn't cop out. Also that he found the strength to destroy the world engine and save humanity, well that was pretty hopeful

Hey, if you didn't like it, fair enough. I respect your opinion, but totally
disagree.
-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"