Rumors/Spoilers *WARNING SOME SPOILERS ARE CONFIRMED*

I have a few questions:

In the trailer ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlOF03DUoWc Fate of your planet) they show Lois Lane with Faora at 1:26 for one second: Lois seams to wear a kryptonian Armor and some kind of Helmet like Faora! I wonder if Faora tries to transform her into a kryptonian?

The second question is: why do they kill millions of people? Do they want to erase the human race? Or do they just want that superman surrenders?

Does anyone think their going to show the scene of the Kents finding baby Kal-El or do you think Goyer may have left that part out?

We see the ship heading toward Earth, we see pictures of the Kents holding an infant Kal-El/Clark. It would seem odd to skip over the actual finding of the ship.

I have a few questions:

In the trailer ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlOF03DUoWc Fate of your planet) they show Lois Lane with Faora at 1:26 for one second: Lois seams to wear a kryptonian Armor and some kind of Helmet like Faora! I wonder if Faora tries to transform her into a kryptonian?

The second question is: why do they kill millions of people? Do they want to erase the human race? Or do they just want that superman surrenders?

First Answer: no, they already released a photo of that shot, its said in the caption that Faora is putting that helmet thing onto Lois to "help her breath".

Second Answer: Yes they are only doing it to get Superman to surrender, that and they probably just dont really care how many people they kill

Last edited:
wow someone actually thought the helmet was to transform Lois into a Kryptonian???

Wow....aren't you all so bloody enlightened.

Honest question from a clear newb to the boards. Calling them stupid doesn't really say much for your collective mentalities, now does it?

Calling people stupid is really unnecessary.
Some aren't following spoilers.

Question: If Jor El is genetically engineered to be in the scientist faction, and Lara is too....how do they have a "normal" baby? Wouldn't Kal El be like an uber scientist baby then? Based on what little we know anyway...

well I thought I handled myself well...never called anyone stupid. But I agree that if you're gonna come in asking a ton of questions PLEASE look to see if they have been answered before hand

Listen up folks and listen good.

If you don't like the question someone asks....you can either answer it civilly or ignore it.

If you start name calling and acting like a typical fanboy joke on a comedy show...you will get in trouble. DO NOT act like a typical fanboy joke on a comedy show.

Act nice...be helpful....be polite....or begone.

Question: If Jor El is genetically engineered to be in the scientist faction, and Lara is too....how do they have a "normal" baby? Wouldn't Kal El be like an uber scientist baby then? Based on what little we know anyway...

I think Jor-El and Zod and Lara and the OLDER Kryptonians are the last of the natural birthed Kryptonians before they started the genetics engineering program and started growing babies. And i'm not sure if they used the word "normal" but possibly "natural"....he would be a naturally born child

Are there references to Wayne, Batman or Gotham? That's probably an obvious question.

I think Jor-El and Zod and Lara and the OLDER Kryptonians are the last of the natural birthed Kryptonians before they started the genetics engineering program and started growing babies. And i'm not sure if they used the word "normal" but possibly "natural"....he would be a naturally born child

So is Zod genetically engineered then too? To be a warrior then I wonder...?

Are there references to Wayne, Batman or Gotham? That's probably an obvious question.

The rumor is
yes

So is Zod genetically engineered then too? To be a warrior then I wonder...?

I don't know...I mean the way they talk about him it would lead you to believe that yes he is. But then they say that Zod and Jor-El grew up together as friends and I wouldn't think that Jor-El is genetically engineered, so I'm not 100% sure but I'd say they are natural

The rumor is
yes

I don't know...I mean the way they talk about him it would lead you to believe that yes he is. But then they say that Zod and Jor-El grew up together as friends and I wouldn't think that Jor-El is genetically engineered, so I'm not 100% sure but I'd say they are natural

All I know is I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THIS ****ING FILM. Lol.

And I'd be okay with Zod being engineered, personally...I'm just curious how it all is going to work into the film. Lol. Haven't been this excited for a film since the first Iron Man I think. :)

Last edited:
I wonder what doth version that rumor be-ith

Last edited:
All I know is I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THIS ****ING FILM. Lol.

And I'd be okay with Zod being engineered, personally...I'm just curious how it all is going to work into the film. Lol. Haven't been this excited for a film since the first Iron Man I think. :)

yeah man me to SB...I can't wait, I'm so excited

If Jor-El and Lara are the last of the natural-birth Kryptonians, you'd have to wonder why Jor-El would question "what if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended?" That question seems to imply that it's been generation among generation among generations since there was a last natural birth Kryptonian (according to the Art Book...1000 years since the last natural birth?). Moreover, it also suggests that Jor-El isn't the special natural birth Kryptonian. And Jor-El is likely interested in the science behind what their civilization was like when Krypton was occupied by natural birthers.

If Jor-El and Lara are the last of the natural-birth Kryptonians, you'd have to wonder why Jor-El would question "what if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended?" That question seems to imply that it's been generation among generation among generations since there was a last natural birth Kryptonian (according to the Art Book...1000 years since the last natural birth?). Moreover, it also suggests that Jor-El isn't the special natural birth Kryptonian. And Jor-El is likely interested in the science behind what their civilization was like when Krypton was occupied by natural birthers.

For all we know Jor-El could be thousands of years old as it is measured on Earth, but in his late 40's or 50's on Krypton. So he could still be a naturally born Kryptonian and asking his fellow council members, why...why do we do this? what if a child doesn't want to be a scientist or a soldier or a painter. What if they want to choose for themselves

For all we know Jor-El could be thousands of years old as it is measured on Earth, but in his late 40's or 50's on Krypton. So he could still be a naturally born Kryptonian and asking his fellow council members, why...why do we do this? what if a child doesn't want to be a scientist or a soldier or a painter. What if they want to choose for themselves

Ah, that could be the case, though I wonder if Goyer saying "thousands of years" was really referencing Kryptonian years, especially with Kryptonian history in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if it meant Kryptonian years.

The artbook also states:

"This is a risk the couple is willing to take, even without the ticking clock imposed by the looming destruction of their planet. Jor-El and Lara seek to create a child free from genetic predetermination and the laws governing the castes. In short, they want to create the first Kryptonian in memory who is truly free."

It certainly seems to suggest that Jor-El and Lara aren't the first natural birth Kryptonians.

Last edited:
Ah, that could be the case, though I wonder if Goyer saying "thousands of years" was really referencing Kryptonian years, especially with Kryptonian history in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if it meant Kryptonian years.

The artbook also states:

"This is a risk the couple is willing to take, even without the ticking clock imposed by the looming destruction of their planet. Jor-El and Lara seek to create a child free from genetic predetermination and the laws governing the castes. In short, they want to create the first Kryptonian in memory who is truly free."

It certainly seems to suggest that Jor-El and Lara aren't the first Kryptonians.

touche'....damn good point

I got the impression that this regulated genetic birth stuff is ingrained into the Kryptonian culture. It's been going on for so long that it would be heresy to question it, and illegal to go against it.

But the way natural genetics works is this: just because you and your spouse are intelligent scientists doesn't mean your kid will be intelligent or a scientist. So Kal-El could end up being whatever he wants.

***SPOILER*** Don't know how to use it so you click to see it so I'm just typing it below in white font, sorry!

When I was in the reviews section, one of them said something about a refence to a JLA movie. The reference was when they were asking Superman about which planet he was from or trying to understand how far it was. Anyways, they said they were in contact or found out about someone on a planet by the name of "Manhunter".

That's all I remember from reading the persons comments who "allegedly" saw the movie.

I don't see that happening but it'd be cool. I do wanna know if the
Batman, Bruce and Gotham mentioned are the Nolanverse versions. I'm guessing yes because why would they introduce a new Batman in a new Superman movie? This isn't JLA Begins, it's Man Of Steel. And if there's a slight reference to Batman, it should be one that's already established instead of introducing Batman AND Superman for the first time together in a Superman movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"