Rumors/Spoilers *WARNING SOME SPOILERS ARE CONFIRMED*

I would have loved to have Meloni as Lex. He has the right look and physicality and is a solid actor, but I really don't want to get him as Lex through a stupid twist, especially one that feels so unnatural.

Yeah, I noticed that. Given the other stuff I was mentioning about Lois's ride to the Arctic and the similarity of the shots of both her at the the Fortress and Hardy and Hamilton in the Arctic, I think there is more than meets the eye regarding Lois' relationship with the military. I speculated once without any response that maybe Supes gives Lois, Hardy and Hamilton the location of the Fortress so they can help him use it or something aboard it against Zod during the Battle of Metropolis.

Maybe Lois, but no matter how much he trusted them, other than his parents, I don't think he would give anyone else the location of his Fortress

Maybe Lois, but no matter how much he trusted them, other than his parents, I don't think he would give anyone else the location of his Fortress

I agree, but I'm having a hard time explaining to myself what Hamilton and Hardy are doing in the Arctic with a big "oh ****" on their faces. If the choice is between them finding the Fortress on their own or only finding it because Superman gives them the location, I kind of prefer the latter. Although, I agree if it was my choice no one would find it and Superman would only share it with Lois as you said.

That's how I'd have it....and then Superman and Lois could have sex and then a child would be born and then....oh wait....

I agree, but I'm having a hard time explaining to myself what Hamilton and Hardy are doing in the Arctic with a big "oh ****" on their faces. If the choice is between them finding the Fortress on their own or only finding it because Superman gives them the location, I kind of prefer the latter. Although, I agree if it was my choice no one would find it and Superman would only share it with Lois as you said.

But why are we assuming they're at the Artic watching the FoS? Lois definitely is 'cause she's wearing the same outfit she's wearing while she's exploring it in the trailer, but Hardy and Hamilton could be watching the laser beam that comes out of Black Zero, the colors are similar to the shot where Lois is at the FoS. It's just clever editing.

But why are we assuming they're at the Artic watching the FoS? Lois definitely is 'cause she's wearing the same outfit she's wearing while she's exploring it in the trailer, but Hardy and Hamilton could be watching the laser beam that comes out of Black Zero, the colors are similar to the shot where Lois is at the FoS. It's just clever editing.

They are wearing winter clothing, there is snow, and you can see the Northern Lights in the background of the shot.

That's how I'd have it....and then Superman and Lois could have sex and then a child would be born and then....oh wait....

010709072714no_2.gif

.....if done properly it would be an interesting story to tell.....but WB has proven that it cant do it properly lol, and I doubt Goyer would even want to touch that aspect :p

I'm hearing that Jor-El and Lara send Kal-El to Earth specifically because of his illegal conception. Is this true? Does the imminent destruction of Krypton have anything to do with it anymore?

I'm hearing that Jor-El and Lara send Kal-El to Earth specifically because of his illegal conception. Is this true? Does the imminent destruction of Krypton have anything to do with it anymore?

They send him to Earth so that he can truly be free and to live

They indeed know that Krypton's destruction is imminent, that is why the art book stresses what the choice of them staying behind to die instead of saving themselves means. It seems they don't want to burden Kal-El with the idea and way of thinking that doomed Krypton and led to its destruction.

I see. How does everyone feel about what is known about Krypton so far? The ruined environment? The oppressive government that forbids intimacy? The population basically living in underground cities? I know a lot of people hated Donner's Krypton for being cold and barren and lacking a lush, colorful environment.

I see. How does everyone feel about what is known about Krypton so far? The ruined environment? The oppressive government that forbids intimacy? The population basically living in underground cities? I know a lot of people hated Donner's Krypton for being cold and barren and lacking a lush, colorful environment.

I love it. Visually speaking, the towers of Kandor and the red-ish sky are far more evocative of the Krypton we have seen in the comics. Furthermore, the depiction of Kryptonian society really seems to convincingly create the sense of a dying world, a doomed civilization. However, what we know of Krypton's past from the prequel comic and Jor-El and Lara's ideas establishes that Krypton has not always been this way. One it was a vibrant utopia that travelled the stars. If Krypton really was the technological utopia portrayed Pre-Crisis, the story of Jor-El's predictions of Krypton's imminent destruction going unheard and Kal being the lone survivor would make little narrative sense. It always seemed to me like it should be story of a decadent, arrogant society that come close to reaching its natural conclusion.

I love it as well...we will see so much more of Krypton this time out. I couldn't be more excited

Guessing from some footage in the trailers/TV Spots that Zod and co can't fly straight away?

I have mixed feelings on "Krypton the world in twilight." On one hand, it makes the death of Krypton less tragic, as little was lost that wasn't already basically gone. OTOH, you can certainly play up an angle of "passing on the torch", which could work.

Given my druthers I'd rather make Krypton a youthful world, only a few centuries ahead of Earth, whose opportunity to leave a mark on the galaxy was tragically interrupted. But you can make this angle work, too.

It was my understanding that the government forbade natural procreation, not intimacy itself.

But yeah, I love this idea. And Jor-El and Lara not wanting to go with him to Earth because they don't want to "corrupt" Kal-El with their Kryptonian philosophies and way of life is them basically saying they want the Kents (the ideal humans) to raise him and instill the best human values and philosophies in him. That's cool.

It was my understanding that the government forbade natural procreation, not intimacy itself.

But yeah, I love this idea. And Jor-El and Lara not wanting to go with him to Earth because they don't want to "corrupt" Kal-El with their Kryptonian philosophies and way of life is them basically saying they want the Kents (the ideal humans) to raise him and instill the best human values and philosophies in him. That's cool.

That's cool, but it's also pretty crazy. I like that Jor El and the other kryptonians aren't strictly black and white, and that Jor El is thought of as a little "crazy". I get what Russell Crowe meant now when he said that there's a touch of insanity to Jor El in the film. :up:

From what I recall from the artbook, the subtext was that the reason Jor-El chose to make Kal-El free of genetic tampering was because Krypton was going to die and he wanted his son to be free of a predetermined destiny. It wouldn't help him on Earth.

Does anyone think their going to show the scene of the Kents finding baby Kal-El or do you think Goyer may have left that part out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"