I fought the lounge, and the lounge won

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention the overly annoying JarJar Binks character. UGH!!!. Also, I found it highly improbable, that no matter how much Anakin was oozing with Force powers that he could single handily bring down the Trade Federation fleet.

I tried to not even mention Binks. :cwink:

Man... If Anikin had just been a little older we as the audience would have bought into it more. SIGH :doh:

Aziz, Lucas ruined Star Wars and Indiana Jones in a span of 10 years!

JK, I love that man's chin(s).

:o

A new beginning
Jar Jar is ok in episodes 2 & 3, still has the annoying voice, but not a childish character, and comes in small doses

Aziz, Lucas ruined Star Wars and Indiana Jones in a span of 10 years!

JK, I love that man's chin(s).

:o
The classics can survive just fine without thinking about the new stuff

I was playing around. Even though I found his efforts with 1&2 lame, he did fine with Sith and Skull.

A new beginning
Jar Jar is ok in episodes 2 & 3, still has the annoying voice, but not a childish character, and comes in small doses

That was the only saving grace for that character. Also, I didn't like the fact that all the clones/Stormtroopers came from Jango Fett ( and in essence are related to Boba Fett) arguably one of SW best characters. Another thing I didn't like was the lame, new, backstory, where The Force is explained as being Midichlorians living in every living being.

That was the only saving grace for that character. Also, I didn't like the fact that all the clones/Stormtroopers came from Jango Fett ( and in essence are related to Boba Fett) arguably one of SW best characters. Another thing I didn't like was the lame, new, backstory, where The Force is explained as being Midichlorians living in every living being.
What's so special about Boba Fett? The movie version of him is nothing special

The classics can survive just fine without thinking about the new stuff
The classics will be fine but the awesome prospect of their future is forever tainted. Even if Abrams SW VII is better than the OT and future SW films are all great, the SW saga as a whole will always have some unnecessary below-par stuff in there. ROTS was fine and that film would have carried a lot more weight as the 'final' Star Wars film should if they hadn't Binksed & Lloyded it up earlier.

I can't wait for Episode 7! I trust JJ to make an awesome movie.

Well, in my opinion what made Fett special was that he was cloaked in mystery, but at the same time extremely cool with all his weaponry & gadgets. No one knew who he was behind the mask & that "aura" was shattered when ATOC came around. Lastly, they kind of made Boba Fett seem more a regular Stormtrooper on steroids than the cool villain he was when he first came out in ESB.

The classics will be fine but the awesome prospect of their future is forever tainted. Even if Abrams SW VII is better than the OT and future SW films are all great, the SW saga as a whole will always have some unnecessary below-par stuff in there. ROTS was fine and that film would have carried a lot more weight as the 'final' Star Wars film should if they hadn't Binksed & Lloyded it up earlier.
It can be forgotten, or considered as an alternate timeline
If JJ's movie neglects the prequels completely, that can help more

It can be forgotten, or considered as an alternate timeline
If JJ's movie neglects the prequels completely, that can help more
The advantage is that JJ's films come after the OT and the prequels will be in the distant past. Just a shame as they could have been every bit as good as the originals. I'm really expecting a lot from SW VII now. Can't wait for some kind of footage.

Destroyed, by the Empire. :o

It would take the entire fleet and more fire power than I've ever seen ...(slowly realizes Lounge has been vaporized by Sawyer's turbo lazer)

Well, in my opinion what made Fett special was that he was cloaked in mystery, but at the same time extremely cool with all his weaponry & gadgets. No one knew who he was behind the mask & that "aura" was shattered when ATOC came around. Lastly, they kind of made Boba Fett seem more a regular Stormtrooper on steroids than the cool villain he was when he first came out in ESB.
Agreed but I have a disconnect between ESB Boba & the AOTC version. The original still maintains that mystery and I almost see the AOTC version as a separate character. Plus the AOTC version is a kid anyway. I love the Jango Fett fight with Obi-Wan on the water planet and it was also cool seeing SLJ take him out in the arena.

It would take the entire fleet and more fire power than I've ever seen ...(slowly realizes Lounge has been vaporized by Sawyer's turbo lazer)

The correct term is Death Star. :word:

Nerd :oldrazz:

Agreed but I have a disconnect between ESB Boba & the AOTC version. The original still maintains that mystery and I almost see the AOTC version as a separate character. Plus the AOTC version is a kid anyway. I love the Jango Fett fight with Obi-Wan on the water planet and it was also cool seeing SLJ take him out in the arena.

Oh yeah, Jango Fett does have his good share of merits & great screen time. I only wish Lucas would have handled his backstory a lot better. For that matter, I wish he'd given the Prequels more thought & given the chance to other directors to helm them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"