Batman Begins I hate batman begin costume

ANTOINE X

FLY
Reaction score
That big black rubber or plastic "HASBRO toy company" design. I hate it!
batman.jpg

I hope they change the costume in Batman dark knight. Some thing more articulate.

http://lnx.eklettica.com/coppermine/index.php

side.jpg

front.jpg

The ears are the biggest problem, though. I mean...forget about ducking for cover or trying to get in through a window...or driving the batmobile. Those things better be able to stab dudes or pick up good fm reception b/c they're bad.

the ears are definitly to long other than that it s the perfect batman:batty:

the ears are definitely to long other than that it s the perfect batman:batty:

Those ears are ridiculous, I don't like the cowl, the crotch area is too big, and the buckle on the belt is way too big.

Love the boots, the cape looks cool, gauntlet gloves are ok.

They are going to change the suit in TDK but I doubt it'll be a change that drastic. It'll probably still be rubber. However, one day I wouldn't mind seeing a cloth spandex/superman-like suit with trunks.

Tell me if I m wrong (For those who have a good knowledge about the origin) but Batman came a little bit from Zorro and other than black the first picture as nothing of Zorro design.its a tank ,a space suit. Batman is a martial art expert so logically he ll design a suit that is solid but flexible. That mistake started since Tim Burton movie, and I Remember when Batman Begins was in production they say the suit would be different. But it s worse than the first one!:csad:

Boy, those ears are a Kelley Jones drawing come to life. It's kinda scary.

I like the leathery look of the gloves, cape and cowl (the expression could be better, but I like the way it sits over the cape attachment). Don't really care for the boots or the suit material. The pouch belt is good, but could still use a re-design.
Tell me if I m wrong (For those who have a good knowledge about the origin) but Batman came a little bit from Zorro and other than black the first picture as nothing of Zorro design.its a tank ,a space suit. Batman is a martial art expert so logically he ll design a suit that is solid but flexible. That mistake started since Tim Burton movie, and I Remember when Batman Begins was in production they say the suit would be different. But it s worse than the first one!:csad:

You're right about Zorro being an influence on Batman's design, but it's limited in effect. Kane and Finger drew from a number of pop culture references (as well as their own ideas) for what 'the Bat-Man' was to look like. Rather than appearance alone, Zorro's characterization contributed to Batman.

I get your point about flexibility, but Batman had a greater range of movement in the Begins than any of the other films. It's the lightest and most flexible suit yet. I think one of the reasons they continue to go with the rubber suit, is to convey the fact that Batman is wearing body armor. It could be accomplished with other materials, but I guess they feel that works best. For what it's worth, there's talk of the suit being of a lighter material for the sequel.

Boy, those ears are a Kelley Jones drawing come to life. It's kinda scary.

I like the leathery look of the gloves, cape and cowl (the expression could be better, but I like the way it sits over the cape attachment). Don't really care for the boots or the suit material. The pouch belt is good, but could still use a re-design.

You're right about Zorro being an influence on Batman's design, but it's limited in effect. Kane and Finger drew from a number of pop culture references (as well as their own ideas) for what 'the Bat-Man' was to look like. Rather than appearance alone, Zorro's characterization contributed to Batman.

I get your point about flexibility, but Batman had a greater range of movement in the Begins than any of the other films. It's the lightest and most flexible suit yet. I think one of the reasons they continue to go with the rubber suit, is to convey the fact that Batman is wearing body armor. It could be accomplished with other materials, but I guess they feel that works best. For what it's worth, there's talk of the suit being of a lighter material for the sequel.

Ok I do understand that this batman has no protection at all! but thats the point, I mean this is Batman "Beggin" not batman #27. It should have been the first costume that Bruce receive from is father and stays like that for the 3 Nolan movies.I can evolve in each movie but not too much.

By the way I didn t design this costume, and would never do such long ears but still this guy did a good job!Better than the people at WB.

the suit was flexible in Begins. dont you remember him beating the crap out of ninjas?

I may fool around with it a little in a bit...

Ok I do understand that this batman has no protection at all! but thats the point, I mean this is Batman "Beggin" not batman #27. It should have been the first costume that Bruce receive from is father and stays like that for the 3 Nolan movies.I can evolve in each movie but not too much.

You picked the wrong place to lay out your thoughts but yes I agree completely. The bottom costume sans the ears is definitely something more akin to a beginner batman suit. But what can you do...

Begins suit is rubbish. Hope they come up with something cool for the next one. While I do want to see a grey/black costume I dont agree with tights as shown in the pics above.

I was so let down when I saw the Begins suit, it had clasps again on the cape like in Batman and Robin! And I thought they were trying to get away from that, I saw nothing different or better about it.

EWW!

bpr66.jpg

ITS! ITS! A ROBOT!

batman_1989_9.jpg

ITS! ITS! A TANK! EVERYBODY RUN!

batman.jpg

THAT WAS HOT!

modernbat.jpg

THAT WAS GOOD!

movie-batmobile.jpg

THAT S THE REAL DEAL!

batmobile.jpg

The original Keaton one is still by far the best looking used in film but I want one that represents the more iconic look form the comics better.

Yeah all the movies have followed Burton's style of complete black thick rubber suit. I wish they'd at least try something new.

If they want to be closer to the comics and further away from the previous films, then give us some damn tones in the suit with black and grey.

Well, the whole point behind 89 was to do something completely different from the 60's show, which is one reason they didnt do the cloth costume. Plus they thought itd look rediculous. The film was meant to convey "some kind of body armor", and since the following 3 films were meant to be sequals it only made sence to keep that. With Beins tho, it was a complete relaunch, they could have tried something a bit different, but they went with the same old same old. Im hoping they do change the new one to give something fresh.

And that was Mattel, not Hasbro. :p

The suit itself was fine it was that damn cowl that I always had a problem with. I'm glad modifications will be made in TDK.

The suit itself was fine it was that damn cowl that I always had a problem with. I'm glad modifications will be made in TDK.

Of course modifications will be made. BB was Batman's first days fighting crime. You expected him to make errors, and you expect his equipment to not fit like a glove yet. His costume is a prototype--there will obviously be things that Batman'll fix. I hope TDK will be as technical with the modifications as BB was with the suit/car/etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"