The Dark Knight Penguin?

bestever23

Civilian
Reaction score
from Wikipedia :

The Dark Knight

In response to speculation that the Penguin, with Phillip Seymour Hoffman approached for the role, would have a small role as a British arms dealer in the sequel to Batman Begins titled The Dark Knight, franchise director Christopher Nolan said he considered the character difficult to portray on film, explaining, "There are certain characters that are easier to mesh with the more real take on Batman we're doing." Freeze Dried Movies has however reported that the character will have a small role in the upcoming film, and a larger role in the third installment[1].

I mean how can Nolan not make penguin Realistic? He's not really deformed and basicly he's just a thief or boss named Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot that has a nickname "Penguin"

anyone agree and hope the Info is true?:batty:

that penguin will be in The Dark Knight

geez are you dense? are you ******ed or something? who the hell do you think I'm talking about?

the goddamn batman

that penguin will be in The Dark Knight

geez are you dense? are you ******ed or something? who the hell do you think I'm talking about?

the goddamn batman

Why the name-calling? Wikipedia isn't exactly known for complete accuracy.

Um yea, since Nolan feels hes unrealistic(even though hes not)...........Im gonna say.....no

from Wikipedia :

The Dark Knight

In response to speculation that the Penguin, with Phillip Seymour Hoffman approached for the role, would have a small role as a British arms dealer in the sequel to Batman Begins titled The Dark Knight, franchise director Christopher Nolan said he considered the character difficult to portray on film, explaining, "There are certain characters that are easier to mesh with the more real take on Batman we're doing." Freeze Dried Movies has however reported that the character will have a small role in the upcoming film, and a larger role in the third installment[1].

I mean how can Nolan not make penguin Realistic? He's not really deformed and basicly he's just a thief or boss named Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot that has a nickname "Penguin"

anyone agree and hope the Info is true?:batty:
I wouldnt trust wikipedia

lol and I'm just playing on the name calling. Just remembered All star Batman and had to say that

but still I'd like the lil inch of hope for penguin

Oh, right, hehe. I'd like to see Penguin as well, but who knows...? Security is tighter than Ft. Knox on TDK....

seeing Copplepot would be great not a huge role, more of a cameo type apperance, like Zsas in BB. but honestly i'd rather see Black Mask as a new mob leader than Copplepot.

yeah get out it'll give you false hope!

but yeah Black Mask would be great to see to

but Penguin Is very known and should be In the movies

The only way Nolan would make a "Peguin" would be if he were a boss like Falcone or Maroni. I mean there could be other ways to protray him but I dont know you would do that.

Well Phillip Seymour Hoffman has expressed some interest in the role but he definitely won´t be in TDK maybe the next one possibly

I hope. He's a great actor and my choice for penguin lol

seeing Copplepot would be great not a huge role, more of a cameo type apperance, like Zsas in BB. but honestly i'd rather see Black Mask as a new mob leader than Copplepot.

I'd be happy if he just made a cameo apperance; more important than Zsas. I can see him selling weapons to Sal Maroni and Joker interfering with their business; he could just make a big enough cameo apperance to be somewhat important that would easily flow with the story line.

And who else to do it than Bob Hoskins or Robin Williams.:woot: Or maybe even Jason Alexander.

I read somewhere - at the same place where we heard the "Harleen Quinzell at the end of TDK" thing - that the Penguin makes an incredibly small cameo in TDK and you won't even recognize him once he's on screen. It's probably 100% fake though.

I would love it if the Penguin were in but he's gotta be a step above Falcone, reputation-wise. Also, I hate Hoffman's acting and am in the minority who thinks he looks nothing like Penguin. Hoskins, however...

i just want him in a cameo as a fence or arms dealer or club owner. but deffinately not as a super villian

Alright, I don't mind seeing Joker again because he's, well, Joker. But I've already seen penguin(and a pretty good one if u ask me) and don't feel like seeing him yet again :(

Villains that can be recycled in my opinion are Two-face, riddler, and Mr. Freeze(Whom i'm praying comes out in a future sequel).

I'd be happy if he just made a cameo apperance; more important than Zsas. I can see him selling weapons to Sal Maroni and Joker interfering with their business; he could just make a big enough cameo apperance to be somewhat important that would easily flow with the story line.

And who else to do it than Bob Hoskins or Robin Williams.:woot: Or maybe even Jason Alexander.

I've said it a 1000 times on other boards, but I'm a noob here so I'll say it again...

ANDY SERKIS!!!

\

yeah of course more impoartant than Zsas, but roughly the same screen time is what i ment. and i also like the idea of the arms dealer role, or if not that the owner of a club that Bruce frequents.

i's rather Bob Hoskins gets the role over Hoffman but i can't see anything wrong with PSH getting the role. i just don't want Robin Williams in the role, he has to be The Ventriloquest :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"