The Dark Knight Penguin?

Someone suggested Andy Serkis, and I think that's effing brilliant.

Make him an art curator who smuggles guns and other arms in with his museum pieces, very cultured, and a little uptight. He gets involved with whoever the mob leaders are at this point, and they start calling him "penguin" because of his penchant for tuxedos. As in, "Really? That's what you're wearing on a heist? You look like a frickin' penguin." Very stylish, very eccentric, and kind of a secondary villain by necessity. He could have a more prominent role based on who the other villains/mobsters are. Bruce Wayne could even find out that by donating to his museum, he's actually funding Penguin's dealings. So he interrogates Penguin or his thugs, and asks who's funding them. They confess, "Bruce Wayne!"

Good times.

Plus. he's already worked with Nolan on "The Prestige," and he's British. I'd say he's a shoo-in.

Take a look at this:
2190186.jpg

Sorry, but Serkis IS Mad Hatter!

I really think penguin should be in the movies and I'm really glad everyone is agreeing :) p.s. any actor would be fine really and shoot I'd just like to see him in a lil cameo or just someone saying "hey penguin" lol

well....no but at this point I just wanna see him on screen but no I don't want jack black as the penguin lol

Me it's between Bob Hoskins and Timothy Spall. Many don't know Timothy Spall too well as the same as Ian McShane or Toby Jones as some have suggested. That's why I think Hoskins and Hoffman have a better chance due to name recognition and public recognition.

Penguin should be a fat mobster. He should just have a pointy nose, not long one. He will run the whole city in number four, but in 2 he should not be known as the penguin. He should be a buisness man. He should meet Bruce in number 2 and hint that he is the penguin. If he is in #2.

I think a Bob Hoskins type Mad Hatter would be very interesting. And I mean that in a good way.

Serkis is a bad choice because his voice seems a little too energetic. I always picture Mad Hatter having a very deep gentle voice... alot like Thomas Hayden Church's.

I think a Bob Hoskins type Mad Hatter would be very interesting. And I mean that in a good way.

Serkis is a bad choice because his voice seems a little too energetic. I always picture Mad Hatter having a very deep gentle voice... alot like Thomas Hayden Church's.

I will accept no Mad Hatter but Mackenzie Crook. Skeptics need only watch The Office. Gareth Keenan is a proud, stepped on misfit who is soft spoken, but very firm, with a little bit of a date rapist vibe.

Ohh I remember him. His height could be a problem, but he is indeed a great choice.

Lots o lafs said:
penguin thread
LOL, I know right? What the **** are we talking about the Mad Hatter?

FALSE.

Mackenzie Crook, aka Gareth Keenan from The Office UK is the Mad Hatter.
gareth_keenan.jpg

Gareth1.jpg

Sorry, unfortunately don't see him as Mad Hatter. Martin Short or Andy Serkis are my Mad Hatter pics. I will probably always see this guy as one of the scene-stealing sidekicks in the "POTC" movies. These pics though make me think he wouldn't be a bad Riddler though.

Stop talking about hatter or i will stab u in da face with a saudering iron highlight this

I'd like to see Mad Hatter too In the movies. but you have to remember no one has really got the cool creepy mad hatter like Arkam Asylum. I mean He's a Child molester and a guy who rhymes lol that's freakin creepy but yes this is a penguin thread

Actually I have nothing against his opinions, it's the fact that his description for the character is the silly thing they made up for Batman Returns. Penguin is NOT some deformed guy with a beak, same as the Joker isn't some guy named Jack Napier who murdered Bruce's parents, nor is Mr. Freeze some big dumb turd who's crimes against the English language are far more menacing than anything else in the entire movie.

Pengiun does have a long beaklike nose! its there in his very first appearance in Detective Comics!

I mean deformed as in he has a long nose.Nothing like Burtons Penguin. He should be clean, dress well, and be smart and articulate. Your definition of beak like or deformed may be different from mine.

My Penguin idea is actually based really closely on his early appearances...when he was a very deadly criminal witha quick trigger finger who murdered the mobsters that he was organizing crimes for. Its all there in his very first story.

I just think the Penguin is a great character with a lot of potential to be a great, deadly villain. They just need to return to his roots in his earliest appearences. He could be put to great use in a Nolan film.

I would always love them to do a TAS-style Penguin. The one that kept the deformed look of the Burton movies to a less exaggerated degree but kept the polite and proper attitude of the comics. Even if they changed it later to suit the comic version (which had a lot less bite IMO).

250px-Pengers.jpg

>

penguin1.gif

I know most people never want to see a deformed-looking Penguin again, no matter how he is characterized, but pretty much everyone I know prefers Penguin to seem somewhat menacing. With this style, you don't have to go to the extent of Burton's Penguin to make the character more interesting to the general public.

FYI - actors do have the ability to gain and loose weight for roles, it's actually quite common.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"