• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Batman Begins I hate batman begin costume

How could gray pjs with black underwear on the outside be explained in this particular Bat-verse? It couldn't, he would look stupid.

maybe the fact that there needs to be an explanation as to why Batman wears a batsuit says something in itself. The more i hear these arguements for the armor the more it seems that people are almost embarrassed that Batman is a superhero.

What do you mean? We all know Batman doesn't actually have any powers, his powers are his wealth and technology. Wouldn't a multi billionaire use a high tech battle suit of some kind? I think he would in the world that Nolan has envisioned.

Now I do think that the TDK suit should of looked more organic, maybe another layer over the exoskeleton? But not grey, black.

Now I do think that the TDK suit should of looked more organic, maybe another layer over the exoskeleton? But not grey, black.

Ya know, I wonder if TDK wasn't setting this up for the sequel. Think about it, Fox warns Bruce that the separated plates will make him more vulnerable to knives and gunfire. Then, twice in the movie, Joker exploits those weaknesses by stabbing Batman in the gut.

I'm thinking for the next movie, Bruce will revamp the suit again. This time, he'll put a layer of material (maybe the tri-weave fiber mesh?) over the separated plates. This way, the bad guys won't be able to see his weak spots and the audience will get a more "iconic" batsuit on screen.

Ya know, I wonder if TDK wasn't setting this up for the sequel. Think about it, Fox warns Bruce that the separated plates will make him more vulnerable to knives and gunfire. Then, twice in the movie, Joker exploits those weaknesses by stabbing Batman in the gut.

I'm thinking for the next movie, Bruce will revamp the suit again. This time, he'll put a layer of material (maybe the tri-weave fiber mesh?) over the separated plates. This way, the bad guys won't be able to see his weak spots and the audience will get a more "iconic" batsuit on screen.

I would sincerely hope so. I have been advocating this approach since day one.

Yea something like that would work. Have some extra material over the armour. Because yea, the TDK suit is pretty ugly, but it's use is explained in the film. They didn't make it like that just for the sake of it.

So I don't see the need to follow tradition just for the sake of following tradition. What's wrong with making changes?

1)Because since Timburton we have the tradition not to see the real Batman.
2)what s wrong with the traditional Batman?

Blimey. That costume is revolting. It looks like some weird s & m, fetish gear or something. The leather, the massive buckle, the creases, the prominent zippers, the massive belt, ears, etc. It's all overkill and strangely sickening. I would walk out of a Batman film if the suit looked like that, no kidding.

Then you should complain to the creator of batman.

No, not ATALL.

I still don't understand how this argument is going on. Whats done is done, I think the begins costume looks pretty cool. And more importantly it was explained. It was a battle suit created by Wayne Industries, Bruce Wayne decided to use it. Simple. How could gray pjs with black underwear on the outside be explained in this particular Bat-verse? It couldn't, he would look stupid.

Then why Superman outfit is not ridiculous? isn't he wearing a red short under his blue pants?

perfect!

batman-angry-1920.jpg

Would you care if his utility belt was black or grey? Personally I find the bright yellow distracting in real life.

I've been saying that since before Begins was even popular. Material over the armor and all is good in the world. Protetion, the look of Batman being muscular, and a traditional costume, what's better than that? This should have happened for Begins but intead we got rubber, agian.

It looks great. Probably the best photoshop pic of Batman I have seen. But it looks like it would belong more in a film with a tone like Spiderman or Iron Man. Not to say that is a bad thing. If Nolan went down the route of making a more comic-book style Batman, this suit would have been perfect. But the current suit with the armour makes more sense for the tone he has set.

And ultimately, so long as Batman's suit has the fundamentals, that's all that matters. That is, it has the cape, cowl, gauntlet, boots, utility belt etc. The fact that it isn't two-toned and muscular is irrelevant to me. It may be a critical factor for you Macleod but you need to understand that other people don't see it that way. And, quite frankly, the fact that the whole two-toned look was designed in the comics to look better in print means that isn't much rationale behind the original design anyway. So I don't see the need to follow tradition just for the sake of following tradition. What's wrong with making changes?

That's one of my major problems, Nolan should have gone that route the first time. He tried to make the movie so realistic that it lost it's most important thing, the Batman. A realistic, non-comic book styled movie could have been made without making a silly costume or another rubberized one. Any other idea could have worked with a miniscule story line change.

Also, as far as funamentals are concerened, doesn't the following picture have the basic elements?
batmancostume06021ey5.jpg

The above pic has the ears, mask, cape, gloves, belt, etc. and yet it still looks horrible. The same can hold true for the TDK suit as well, it has the same elements yet looks nothing like what Batman should be. As much as no one would want to see the above pic on screen there are some that don't want to see whatever the TDK suit is supposed to be on screen either. My main reason for wanting it two-toned is simply so things stand out as well as matching it with the comic version. He has a symbol on his chest for a reason and it's not just to sit on top of a man-bra. If we're not going to worry about seeing the symbol than why are we worried about the ears, cape, belt, etc. The more you change the more you loose why we're watching it in the first place. These weren't Batman costumes, they were costumes trying to look like Batman. Begins and TDK are the alternative Batman suit reject toy figures that no one buys. Changes were made in these movies simply because they could not because they had to be. That's the problem.

perfect!
batman-angry-1920.jpg
Now that I can get behind. I don't want it in Nolan's series because a precedent has already been set which that suit would clash with, but like Ace said a more stylised version would be great for something like this.

I like that a lot, or even better the Arkham Asylum suit. Both sans undies. The trunks are something I will never come around to. For Superman it's ok. Not great but acceptable. I don't know why but it just seems to fit him. But not Batman.

I still think the movie suits (even the nippled ones) have all been at least a little good looking, and TDK one is Batman, and it's sexy. I'd like something closer to AA or the above but if they keep the current mold you still won't hear a complaint out of me. I still say Batman goes far beyond rubber or cloth or visible armor or whatever. Both aesthetically and in general there's far more important things to worry about.

Last edited:
Would you care if his utility belt was black or grey? Personally I find the bright yellow distracting in real life.

I would personally have no problem with a black utility belt. Sandy Collora used a black belt like that in Dead End, and I thought it looked fine. I've also seen a number of versions of the belt that were some variation on a yellow-brown or gold color that looked good, not brightly colored but retained a subdued hue that still had just enough of a hint of yellow to remind one of the belt as it is in the comics.

Oh, God. I am so tired of this proposal.
Again, maybe if the films which showed him in rubberized armor hadn't done well, they might look to bring him closer to the Superman knock-off suit that so many of you love. But they did-all except one, which told the studio not to put him in a blue suit with nipples. And because the movies did do QUITE well, there is no logical reason for the studio to change its approach to Batman's look. Except, of course, to appease fastidious internet fanboys who will still rush out to see the next movie in droves no matter what he's wearing.:whatever:
And once again, think for a second & be honest. Take your desires to see him in grey tights out of the equation for just a minute. If you had tons of money & resources, and found that your last battle-suit didn't quite offer the degree of protection that you needed, would you really be thinking "Man, I need to cover this up so they can't see my weak spots" rather than "Okay-I obviously need to find a way to upgrade this so that I can have mobility and protection." Because the former kind of invites your enemies to just attack the places that were vulnerable before. Or just keep stabbing & shooting at your body, hoping to find one.

Oh, God. I am so tired of this proposal.
Again, maybe if the films which showed him in rubberized armor hadn't done well, they might look to bring him closer to the Superman knock-off suit that so many of you love. But they did-all except one, which told the studio not to put him in a blue suit with nipples. And because the movies did do QUITE well, there is no logical reason for the studio to change its approach to Batman's look. Except, of course, to appease fastidious internet fanboys who will still rush out to see the next movie in droves no matter what he's wearing.:whatever:
And once again, think for a second & be honest. Take your desires to see him in grey tights out of the equation for just a minute. If you had tons of money & resources, and found that your last battle-suit didn't quite offer the degree of protection that you needed, would you really be thinking "Man, I need to cover this up so they can't see my weak spots" rather than "Okay-I obviously need to find a way to upgrade this so that I can have mobility and protection." Because the former kind of invites your enemies to just attack the places that were vulnerable before. Or just keep stabbing & shooting at your body, hoping to find one.
Agreed. I'm definitely not in the tights camp but more in the streamlined, less noisy suit that's a more flexible material. It can still be latex/neoprene/plain rubber but why does it have to be hard, sculpted rubber with noisy and/or extremely detailed designs?

I also think part of the reason behind the heavy armored look though is also explanation. They may explain things more in this series, but you don't have to, you can tell it's some type of protective layer. Whereas in the comics it looks like spandex. Even if it is kevlar/nomex with armor plating on the front torso, reinforced joints/spinal/neck braces, temp regulation with impact resistance and a high voltage defense system...it still looks like a leotard. You'd have to explain it a lot more and either suspend disbelief even further or do a very good visual design to get across the point that yes this a relatively skintight and flexible suit but it's the most high tech outfit on the planet...

I dunno, just thinking out loud.

I do agree that the suit in TDK was too busy. I do. I admit that. Somewhere there's a nice middle ground, as the Keaton suit showed us before. There has to be a way to give him mobility without it looking TOO MUCH like a high-tech suit. And without covering it in spandex.

I do agree that the suit in TDK was too busy. I do. I admit that. Somewhere there's a nice middle ground, as the Keaton suit showed us before. There has to be a way to give him mobility without it looking TOO MUCH like a high-tech suit. And without covering it in spandex.

Seriously guys I Just dont get it! I mean Did it stop you to see Hulk because his purple short gets biger when he become Hulk? Or how spiderman see trow his big white eyes? Guys it s a superhero movie! Relax!

Seriously guys I Just dont get it! I mean Did it stop you to see Hulk because his purple short gets biger when he become Hulk? Or how spiderman see trow his big white eyes? Guys it s a superhero movie! Relax!

For starters, what he said ^

Secondly, I'm really getting sick of people comparinig Batman to Hulk and Spider-Man and Superman, etc.

He's not a superhero. Whatever idiot back in the day decided it would be a good idea to slap that label on Batman should get a smack. Superheros have superpowers.

They don't call The Punisher a superhero, and he's the same thing as Batman when you get down to it. The Punisher uses firearms and kills, that's the big difference. They're both normal humans and vigilantes.

And that's just the comics, TDK is hardly even what most would consider a comic book movie let alone a superhero one. It's a crime drama/action film that just happens to have the main character wearing a costume with a cape and pointy-eared mask and a villain dressed like a clown.

To properly answer your questions, though, the Hulk's pants don't get bigger, they stretch and rip (I believe they actually touched on this in the last one, but I dont remember clearly because i've only seen it once). As for Spidey, he sees the same way Tobey Maguire does, they're trasparent from his side. Like those one-way windows in interrogation rooms?

Comeon, man, stop grasping at straws and start thinking. Just because they're comic books doesn't give you a free pass on using logic and sense.

But as you said, we should relax. Maybe you should relax on the campaigning for leotard Bat. :whatever:

We both know that's not gonna stop any person here from willingly throwing their money at WB regardless of what the wardrobe looks like.

Last edited:
My "huh" was in response to poor sentence structure, bad comparisons & an unclear stating of his position.

That's one of my major problems, Nolan should have gone that route the first time. He tried to make the movie so realistic that it lost it's most important thing, the Batman. A realistic, non-comic book styled movie could have been made without making a silly costume or another rubberized one. Any other idea could have worked with a miniscule story line change.

I understand what you are saying. For awhile now it seems your main concern is the direction Nolan took with the whole idea to begin with. If you don't like his take on Batman then it makes complete sense that the suit - one output of that vision - wouldn't appeal to you.

Back before BB was released, I was hoping they would make a Batman film in the same way TAS was made. That is, Batman is a fast moving ninja who doesn't need body armour. When the first photos came out and showed the body armour and massive tank Batmobile, I immediately thought "here we go again".

However, when watching the film for the first time, I was blown away by how good it looked on screen and how well the designs fitted with his vision. Now I have done a complete 180 on the matter. I now find Nolan's Batman my favourite interpretation. I know comic purists will scoff at that and roll their eyes. I've read plenty of the comics, graphic novels, and watched all of TAS but I like the vision of Batman wearing high-tech armour now.

Also, as far as funamentals are concerened, doesn't the following picture have the basic elements?

The above pic has the ears, mask, cape, gloves, belt, etc. and yet it still looks horrible. The same can hold true for the TDK suit as well, it has the same elements yet looks nothing like what Batman should be. As much as no one would want to see the above pic on screen there are some that don't want to see whatever the TDK suit is supposed to be on screen either. My main reason for wanting it two-toned is simply so things stand out as well as matching it with the comic version. He has a symbol on his chest for a reason and it's not just to sit on top of a man-bra. If we're not going to worry about seeing the symbol than why are we worried about the ears, cape, belt, etc. The more you change the more you loose why we're watching it in the first place. These weren't Batman costumes, they were costumes trying to look like Batman. Begins and TDK are the alternative Batman suit reject toy figures that no one buys. Changes were made in these movies simply because they could not because they had to be. That's the problem.

Well, the suit has to have the fundamentals but it also has to look real. The suit above is obviously not supposed to hold up to scrutiny. The TDK suit has the fundamentals and it looks good. Now, you don't particularly like it. We have over 50 pages of this thread that has clearly outlined this so I don't see any point in trying to change your view. To me, both the BB and TDK suits not only have the fundamental "look" of Batman but they also perfectly fit the tone and story of the films as well, and they look like they could exist in the real world.

But, hey, I don't really know what else to say. At the end of the day, you either like it or not. I don't think they are perfect but I am happy with the costumes and I don't really care if the suits diverge from the comics if that means they make more sense in the context of the film they are trying to make.

I understand what you are saying. For awhile now it seems your main concern is the direction Nolan took with the whole idea to begin with. If you don't like his take on Batman then it makes complete sense that the suit - one output of that vision - wouldn't appeal to you.

Back before BB was released, I was hoping they would make a Batman film in the same way TAS was made. That is, Batman is a fast moving ninja who doesn't need body armour. When the first photos came out and showed the body armour and massive tank Batmobile, I immediately thought "here we go again".

However, when watching the film for the first time, I was blown away by how good it looked on screen and how well the designs fitted with his vision. Now I have done a complete 180 on the matter. I now find Nolan's Batman my favourite interpretation. I know comic purists will scoff at that and roll their eyes. I've read plenty of the comics, graphic novels, and watched all of TAS but I like the vision of Batman wearing high-tech armour now.
Same here, almost to a tee. I'll say it again, I like it, I just want it to be even more flexible and more streamlined. TDK suit is just too noisy, and I find the cloth undersuit to be less than stellar (both for aesthetic reasons and practical ones from a story standpoint that I won't get into)

Well, the suit has to have the fundamentals but it also has to look real. The suit above is obviously not supposed to hold up to scrutiny. The TDK suit has the fundamentals and it looks good. Now, you don't particularly like it. We have over 50 pages of this thread that has clearly outlined this so I don't see any point in trying to change your view. To me, both the BB and TDK suits not only have the fundamental "look" of Batman but they also perfectly fit the tone and story of the films as well, and they look like they could exist in the real world.

But, hey, I don't really know what else to say. At the end of the day, you either like it or not. I don't think they are perfect but I am happy with the costumes and I don't really care if the suits diverge from the comics if that means they make more sense in the context of the film they are trying to make.
i've said this at least 3 times, other's have as well but there's no budging, as you also pointed out. I can see where the argument is coming from but they don't seem to care about whether it fits or that the costume is faithful overall. They just lock in on it's rubber, it's all one color, and it's not exactly like teh comics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"