The Dark Knight The Dark Knight Theatrical Trailer - Fan made, using NO scenes from Batman Begins!

Do yourself a favor and edit that.... (the post that is)

FaT_tONle said:
WHy didnt u make the whole film? J/k.... would've been some sh:t though...

He did... Not called The Dark Knight - but he made two fan "sequels" to Batman Begins.

FaT_tONle said:
WHy didnt u make the whole film? J/k.... would've been some sh:t though...

Just as Stormin Normin said, I did... check out my signature. Batman: Dark Descent.

A VO would have been cool, you are right... but there is just so much going on already with the music. Would it have been too much?

~SD

SeriousDuke said:
Just as Stormin Normin said, I did... check out my signature. Batman: Dark Descent.

A VO would have been cool, you are right... but there is just so much going on already with the music. Would it have been too much?

~SD

I would say lower the music level and add a voice over. Just a little Voice Over you don't have to say to much just a few cool lines.

Almost forgot where did you get that costume?

SeriousDuke said:

~SD

Tone down the music, and in a VO. :up:

Lol... the music has been toned down quite a bit. It's just a matter of certain videos being louder than others. Adjust your volume control... Or if you are talking about the music in general, then it is completely a different matter.:cwink:

And, now that I think more and more about it... I wouldn't want a voice over. Look at all recent Superhero movies trailers. Spider-Man 3, all of the Batman Begins trailers and Superman Returns ones, Fantastic 4, etc. No voice-overs. In my opinion voice overs do not work as well in Superhero films... they work well in almost every other film... but superhero films, hmmm... there is something about them being epic and majestic at the same time, without dumbing it down with the generic voice over smoker guy voice. Words and taglines work great in them... but VO's, hmmm.

And, the costume. We got it at a Halloween store last year. We mixed and matched.

~SD

SeriousDuke said:
Lol... the music has been toned down quite a bit. It's just a matter of certain videos being louder than others. Adjust your volume control... Or if you are talking about the music in general, then it is completely a different matter.:cwink:

And, now that I think more and more about it... I wouldn't want a voice over. Look at all recent Superhero movies trailers. Spider-Man 3, all of the Batman Begins trailers and Superman Returns ones, Fantastic 4, etc. No voice-overs. In my opinion voice overs do not work as well in Superhero films... they work well in almost every other film... but superhero films, hmmm... there is something about them being epic and majestic at the same time, without dumbing it down with the generic voice over smoker guy voice. Words and taglines work great in them... but VO's, hmmm.

And, the costume. We got it at a Halloween store last year. We mixed and matched.

~SD

Yes - but see Superman Return's had clips made...for Superman Returns, with audio from the scenes themselves as well.

Yours has neither. Plain music alone doesn't work well for a trailer of your length - I suggest a V.O. simply because the acting quality of Batman and Harvey Dent was not of the highest caliber.

BTW - after watching the trailer again, ditch the Alfred shot.

LOL.

Check out other trailers for it.

FIRST:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1UyK5EaeYc
SECOND:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf1lt_cnBsw
THIRD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoiSYRxBsE8
FOURTH:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiTMLZVeuOY

With this fifth trailer... conforming to The Dark Knight, I wanted to make it different... and make it appeal to a larger audience, the "Waiting For The Dark Knight Audience".

I merely wanted this trailer to just look epic and be epic... nothing more, nothing less. And, using our voices may have seemed out of place, as I put the actors' names of The Dark Knight... I don't know. I merely wanted this trailer to be different.

~SD

SeriousDuke said:
LOL.

Check out other trailers for it.

FIRST:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1UyK5EaeYc
SECOND:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf1lt_cnBsw
THIRD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoiSYRxBsE8
FOURTH:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiTMLZVeuOY

With this fifth trailer... conforming to The Dark Knight, I wanted to make it different... and make it appeal to a larger audience, the "Waiting For The Dark Knight Audience".

I merely wanted this trailer to just look epic and be epic... nothing more, nothing less. And, using our voices may have seemed out of place, as I put the actors' names of The Dark Knight... I don't know. I merely wanted this trailer to be different.

~SD

Were you the director of this sh:t... that guy might have a future in the film industry

FaT_tONle said:
Were you the director of this sh:t... that guy might have a future in the film industry

Serious Duke made and starred in the film. He was the Joker. He reminds me of The Cesar's Joker though - not that that is a bad thing.

Lol... I was going for something totally different, unlike any Joker before... and I can see traces of all in mine.

~SD

I would suggest V.O. And get someone who actually fills out your own batman Costume.

Meh. I know you guys are amatuers, but it wasn't very good.

Too much of the same things: Batman lurking and the origin of Harvey Dent/Two-Face. I hope you guys realize that that's not the focus of TDK? You need some kind of sounds, or as StorminNorman said, a voiceover of some sort.

Good effort, though. The brief glimpses of the Joker and the scarring of Two-Face was pretty badass.

SeriousDuke said:
Lol... I was going for something totally different, unlike any Joker before... and I can see traces of all in mine.

~SD

I really didn't see anything that different.

rEALLY GOOD. CONGRATS
BUT I THINK THE KID PLAYING BATMAN NEEDS TO GET A LIL BIGGER CAUSE HIS FACE IS TOO SMALL FOR THE MASK.
OTHER THAN THAT. FANTASTIC

Scarecrow scene owned.... funny as **** when Rachel dies... Alfred's last line... how did it go again?... "May God be with you for its the Devil you face tonight..." it was so bad that it was absolutely halarious... give em a break Shape... but please if you ever reshoot find a new Harvey... and the Joker ain't really dead is he?

SeriousDuke said:

~SD
Whatever Scorsese:whatever: . He was a dude in white make-up and green hair, I'm pretty sure that is what the Joker has always been.

THis was awesome. I've been fooling around alot lately with my friend's camera, and all the stuff I try isn't even passable.

Good stuff man.

Wow, thanks for the comments guys. I'm glad you folks at least liked some of it. It's hard to please you guys!:hyper:

And thanks for the criticisms... much appreciated! And yes, Bats costumes is very baggy. Before we started shooting I had somebody else casted. We had originally bought the costume for him. A much bigger guy. He dropped out, and with the store not excepting returns, we had to make do.

I put stuff in my Joker from Nicholson, from Hammil, from Romero, and quite a bit from the comics. That's what I meant.

And, I had cut out all sounds for this trailer. All sounds. I wanted it to give the whole trailer that mysterious type of silence, yet with overwhelming music.

:meow:

~SeriousDuke

How do you guys put the videos together? What programs do you use and how do i get them?

We put the trailer together with Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0. You can just pick the programs up for editing at a Best Buy or something.

theShape said:
Too much of the same things: Batman lurking and the origin of Harvey Dent/Two-Face. I hope you guys realize that that's not the focus of TDK?

Yes, I clearly know this. I originally made this as a FULL movie, with one being the sequel to Batman Begins, the other being the sequel to the sequel. At the end of the first sequel, we see Harvey get burned- TO BE CONTINUED. Then the next one focues on Dent as Two-Face. You can view the complete film, combining the two parts in my signature. Batman: Dark Descent. We just put it in the trailer to tease.

~SD:ninja:

The trailer is great.
Kudos to you. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back