I have a bad feeling about this....

SingItWithMeNow said:
Yeah, its funny you should say that seeing as you showed me a DVD cover with a freaking Australian taking most of the space on it. :D

Yea, well, um... umm...

WHAT'S THAT!

*points*

*runs off when SingItWithMeNow looks the other way*

BTW, about the opening theme... I know it won't happen (it's not even by John Powell) but the theme in the trailer, that's in the TV spots, and on the website, is awesome. I'd like to see that as the actual theme to the movie.

But I know it won't be :(

it zooms through the "R" after the marvel comic flip book part, they have that in every marvel movie and after that the movie starts.

as it goes to though the "R" its all black opening up to the cridets with xavier saying his lines. then after that it goes through the cerebro eye,

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
Yea, well, um... umm...

WHAT'S THAT!

*points*

*runs off when SingItWithMeNow looks the other way*

I never look the other way, I'm ever vigilant. like Chuck Norris.

chaseter said:
I don't care how it starts just as long as it does.
Yeah me too, but the Cerebro sequences are kinda the movie's opening trademark.

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
That'd be cool.

One thing that I like is how the CGI sequence both times thus far has forshadowed the plot of the movie.

X-Men had Magneto's machine effects in the CGI sequence

X2 had the shifting Cerebro panels (when Magneto alters Cerebro to target humans)

X-Men 3 could have some water or fire effects, and that would be awesome.
Wow, I can't believe I never noticed that.

Super Flight said:
it zooms through the "R" after the marvel comic flip book part, they have that in every marvel movie and after that the movie starts.

as it goes to though the "R" its all black opening up to the cridets with xavier saying his lines. then after that it goes through the cerebro eye,

I don't recall the camera zooming through the "R" in other Marvel movies, I just remember the logo fading out.

What does it matter?

I'm gonna enjoy the movie, regardless of change in logo, intro, monologues or whatever. :p

Mr Lex Luthor said:
What does it matter?

I'm gonna enjoy the movie, regardless of change in logo, intro, monologues or whatever. :p

It matters, because I need something to ***** about.

I can't ***** about Cyclops' death, because I've never believed that it would happen, and I still don't.

I can't ***** about the runtime, because I don't think it will ruin the movie.

I guess I could ***** about no-Gambit, but that's soooooooooo last year :p

So I ***** about the intro. Because I think this movie is gonna be great. But this is, maybe a small detail, but one of those small details that makes a large difference. It's all about making it feel like it's part of the same series, and part of doing that is keeping things like trademark opening sequences.

Nell2ThaIzzay said:

I can't *****

I can't *****

I guess I could *****

So I *****

What else are message boards for? :D

Nell2ThaIzzay said:

I can't ***** about Cyclops' death, because I've never believed that it would happen, and I still don't.

I can't ***** about the runtime, because I don't think it will ruin the movie.

I guess I could ***** about no-Gambit, but that's soooooooooo last year :p

So I ***** about the intro. Because I think this movie is gonna be great. But this is, maybe a small detail, but one of those small details that makes a large difference. It's all about making it feel like it's part of the same series, and part of doing that is keeping things like trademark opening sequences.
See, Fox? See what you've done? We're desperate, man. :o

I think they'll try their best to keep the consistency between all three films, so, whatever they decide to "add" to whatever's been established, I'm pretty sure it'll be something minor that I won't mind..

-TNC

Now that I've thought about it, they better not change the intro too much. I never really liked them X1 and X2 intros b/c I wanted to see the beginning right away, but it sort of gives the movie a slow-pacing feeling into the beginnin. I'm really liking the idea of the Cerebro door cutting to Xavier/Erik's hubcap.

Also, has it been confirmed that Beast will or won't be Xavier/Erik's driver?

I agree that it would be a shame if they altered the opening. But is the X opening as recogansable as the 007 opening, Spider-Man's final swing, Superman orbit etc? Will it matter to the general audience? Should this be such a big concern in comparison to the other worries we have with this film. I think not.

Retroman said:
I agree that it would be a shame if they altered the opening. But is the X opening as recogansable as the 007 opening, Spider-Man's final swing, Superman orbit etc? Will it matter to the general audience? Should this be such a big concern in comparison to the other worries we have with this film. I think not.

What other worries? I have no other worries.

Except for your recent revelation that Scott Madej WAS up for the role of Gambit.

That's 2 people now who auditioned.

:mad:

personally i don't care i'd rather bthey didn't waste some of the 103 minutes on that and put an action scene in the time in would have taken :)

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
batmanbeginsmichaelcaine5dm.gif

-TNC

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
I don't recall the camera zooming through the "R" in other Marvel movies, I just remember the logo fading out.
I don't think we should rely on that too much...I remember how the FOX logo in the X2 trailer was all metallic and turn into squares, similar to how Cerebro breaks apart in the into to the final film...

I'm really doubting that they'd change much to the beginning of the movie. They'll likely keep the lingering 'X', the Cerebro doors, the Xavier monologue and all that..

-TNC

TNC9852002 said:
I don't think we should rely on that too much...I remember how the FOX logo in the X2 trailer was all metallic and turn into squares, similar to how Cerebro breaks apart in the into to the final film...

I'm really doubting that they'd change much to the beginning of the movie. They'll likely keep the lingering 'X', the Cerebro doors, the Xavier monologue and all that..

-TNC

damn you gave me chills reading that honey.:o :up: damn i cant wait for this ****, lol

TNC9852002 said:

-TNC

:up:

I hope you're right.

I know they will fade out the "X" on Fox last. Penn I believe it was, confirmed it already.

I'm just worried about Kinberg's comments, about trying to make it unique.

If unique just means their CGI sequence, then that's fine. But if it means getting rid of the voiceover, and the Cerebro doors, I'll be disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"