Days of Future Past Will X:FC use traditions from the X-Men trilogy?

Genosha

Mutant Island
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this:
Do you want X:FC to have:

-the Fox logo to leave the X on before going to the movie

-the opening monologue about mutants from an X-Men character (Professor X?)

-the Cerebro mechanical door opening

-ending the movie with an opening for sequels; scene at end of credits too

Since this is a prequel and Singer is involved, I'm hoping original trilogy traditions return. Was disappointed XMO didn't honor that.

Would you like to see this kind of continuity?

-

Id like to see some of then, definetly.

but with a 60's style :woot:

It would be really cool, I think.

I wouldn't mind seeing some "traditions" be included in First Class, such as an opening monologue or the opening of the Cerebro doors. Though, they may not want to use the Cerebro doors, as this movie takes place before they exist. Someone suggested the movie close with the Cerebro doors, which I thing is a good idea.

Aside from that, I don't particularly care about the rest. Having the 'X' be the last bit of the Fox logo to fade would be a nice touch, but I won't be disappointed if it isn't done. As for the scene at the end of the credits, that isn't something I associate with the X-Men films, especially Singer's X-Men films, as it wasn't implemented until The Last Stand.

I agree id love to see a opening credit sequence like in the previous movies but 60's style, it could show clips off whats going on in America and also intertwine it with the mutant phoenomeon starting to emerge.

I agree id love to see a opening credit sequence like in the previous movies but 60's style, it could show clips off whats going on in America and also intertwine it with the mutant phoenomeon starting to emerge.

I like this idea best

I was just thinking about this:
Do you want X:FC to have:

-the Fox logo to leave the X on before going to the movie

-the opening monologue about mutants from an X-Men character (Professor X?)

-the Cerebro mechanical door opening

-ending the movie with an opening for sequels; scene at end of credits too

Since this is a prequel and Singer is involved, I'm hoping original trilogy traditions return. Was disappointed XMO didn't honor that.

Would you like to see this kind of continuity?

-

X-Men: The Last Stand didn't have a Cerebro doors or a voice over. But I am pretty sure Singer confirmed in an interview there will be an opening narration.

XMO was a Wolverine origin movie, it didn't need to have an Xavier voice over or Cerebro doors. In fact the opening credits are pretty much the best thing about the movie.

X-Men: The Last Stand didn't have a Cerebro doors or a voice over. But I am pretty sure Singer confirmed in an interview there will be an opening narration.

XMO was a Wolverine origin movie, it didn't need to have an Xavier voice over or Cerebro doors. In fact the opening credits are pretty much the best thing about the movie.

X3 had the Cerebro door. A pitiful ass Cerebro door that seemed like a cheap knock off, But it had it.

I need an opening monologue, animated credits, and cerebro doors. I NEED it to live. :(

Last Stand had the Cerebro door, and if I'm not mistaken there was a deleted scene in the DVD with the monologue voice-over, its basically the same bad monologue from the teaser trailer.

I really hope there's a monologue in this one, McAvoy can make a really interesting one, but a monologue cameo from Patrick Stewart would be the icing on the tradition cake.

I just hope they don't have to re-hash JFK's assasination over and over and make it that some mutant was the one who shot him.

We already know it was The Comedian from Watchmen who killed JFK. :woot:

Having the Cerebro door in this wouldn't make sense unless the movie starts off in present times.

I do, however expect the lingering 'X' in the FOX logo and some kind of opening monologue, but other than that, I'd say everything else is up in the air...

I'd like an opening monologue (spoken by McAvoy or Fassbender) with some sort of fancy visual. I think I want the Cerebro doors, or some variant of it. We already know there's a chess scene which I think is just as important as the other details mentioned - if not more - considering this film focuses on Charles and Erik.

Having the Cerebro door in this wouldn't make sense unless the movie starts off in present times.

I do, however expect the lingering 'X' in the FOX logo and some kind of opening monologue, but other than that, I'd say everything else is up in the air...
Why wouldn't it make sense? You know the first scene in X1 takes place in 1944, right?

Why wouldn't it make sense? You know the first scene in X1 takes place in 1944, right?
It would have the be the reverse then.

The first scene in XFC would have to take place in present times and the movie itself would be in the past.

I doubt the Cerebro as we know it will be in the form as we've seen in it the original X-Men movies, which is why I don't think it would make sense.

Only some 60's version of the Cerebro mechanism could make sense.

What youre saying makes no sense.

Everyone Bond film begins with Bond in a empty white area turning to the camera and shooting his gun at the lens. Does that mean we have to have a scene in the film where Bond shoots the camera for it to make sense?

It would have the be the reverse then.

The first scene in XFC would have to take place in present times and the movie itself would be in the past.

I doubt the Cerebro as we know it will be in the form as we've seen in it the original X-Men movies, which is why I don't think it would make sense.

Only some 60's version of the Cerebro mechanism could make sense.

The first scene in 'X-Men' takes place in 1944 when Cerebro didn't even exist. That scene isn't a flashback. The film then jumps to "the not too distant future." The point is, 'First Class is going to start in a similar fashion, only it jumps to 1962. So, if it could use the Cerebro doors before a time when it never existed in one movie, it can be used before a time when it never existed in another movie.

We don't need these 'traditions'. Vaughn may want to put his own stamp on the film. I'm not bothered whether we get these things or not.

I think Singer basically confirmed in his Total Film interview that we'd get a similar opening that X1 and X2 got. And honestly, I see absolutely no reason why it shouldn't.

What youre saying makes no sense.

Everyone Bond film begins with Bond in a empty white area turning to the camera and shooting his gun at the lens. Does that mean we have to have a scene in the film where Bond shoots the camera for it to make sense?
It's really not the same thing. Just because Bond does it their way, that doesn't mean it makes more sense to have it there. I'm just saying, it wouldn't make sense in the grand scheme of things. The first two X-Men movies have moments that are directly tied into Cerebro at one point or another. Although it's become a visual staple for the first two movies, its abandonment in X3 and in XMOW seems to suggest the same logic. Therefore, to have it in XFC just to HAVE IT would be nice to see, but it wouldn't make sense logically.

The first scene in 'X-Men' takes place in 1944 when Cerebro didn't even exist. That scene isn't a flashback. The film then jumps to "the not too distant future." The point is, 'First Class is going to start in a similar fashion, only it jumps to 1962. So, if it could use the Cerebro doors before a time when it never existed in one movie, it can be used before a time when it never existed in another movie.
It's irrelevant to the film how/when it opens. The original movie directly explores, explains, and utilizes Cerebro IN the movie in the fashion we see it in the opening. Like I said before, I still think it would be nice to see it, but it wouldn't make a lot of sense unless it's in the form it will be seen in the movie's main setting. In the case of X1, in a movie where the setting and plot all take place at one time (where Cerebro DOES exist), and you have a brief moment in the past that explains and sets up something later, I DO think that counts as a type of flashback BTW and it shouldn't directly dictate how the opening is created.

So, maybe I was wrong on what I said earlier--it wouldn't make sense for when or where XFC starts. If the Cerebro as we've seen it in X1 or X2 isn't the same as what will be in XFC, it should at the very least be modified as to fit its appearance in XFC.

Last edited:
To simplify what SuperSoldier is saying,

To have the Cerebro doors open at the films beginning, they will have to make them visually look like they're from the 1960's. Because using the same doors from X1/2, will look out of place, because none of XFC takes place in a modern, metallic stylised world.

And I completely disagree with that sentiment.

I remember when X3 came out and how curious I was whether or not they'd keep the fading FOX logo, opening voiceover and the cerebro doors.

We got two out of three. I didn't mind the quick shutting of the doors in X3 cuz it went right into an action scene.

X1 and X2 opened up with quiet moments. Yes Nightcrawler had one of the best action pieces in the trilogy, but the doors didn't shut and go right to him bamfing.

I missed these elements in Wolverine though :(

X3 ha a opening voice-over but Ratner removed it. I wish he didn't but the voice-over for X3's opening wasn't really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"