• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

  • Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I have a bad feeling about this....

Nell2ThaIzzay

Avenger
Joined
Apr 23, 2005
Messages
16,627
Reaction score
0
Points
56
...no, not the movie! Not the runtime. Not the director, screenwriters, and no, not Cyclops' fate.

I am 100% convinced that this movie is going to be awesome, and 95% convinced that this movie will be the best one yet (something I didn't think was possible after watching X2)

No, but what I am worried about, is the consistancy. Even though this is a new director, and a new scriptwriter (Zak Penn isn't exactly new, seeing as though he was on X2, and in an interview revealed that Hayter & Co. practically used Penn's idea / outline for X2), and they should add their own flair to it (which I can tell they have. Even though from trailers they definatley kept the tone, it still looks different), there are some things I don't want them to touch.

Mainly, the trademark opening sequence of an Xavier voice over, CGI intro, and camera zooming through the Cerebro door into the first real scene of the movie.

Here's where I'm worried; when asked about it (trademark opening sequence), Kinberg said they wanted to respect the traditions of the franchise, while making it unique. And now, I think I've come to the realization of what that means, and it's gotten me worried.

Look at the 2 trailers we have. Look at the Marvel logo, and look at how the Marvel logo zooms to the screen through the "R" taking us to the scenes...

The Marvel logo in the trailers is unique. I've never seen the Marvel logo "metal" up, or whatever it's doing. It's probably gonna be used in the movie (just like other Marvel movies have had a unique logo sequence), and I have a bad feeling that part of that unique logo sequence is opening up the movie through the "R" in "Marvel", which I hope they don't do, because different directors or not, the whole Cerebro door entrance has become the X-Men's version of "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..."

Consistancy, damnit! That's all I ask for!
 
I think that's what we all want tbh
 
I don't care how it starts just as long as it does.
 
I'm sorry Nell, but that was a waste of a thread... :confused:

Either way - it won't bother me too much... Uh :confused:
 
I think it will be cerebro and it will open out on the hubcap of the car Xavier and Erik are driving

So close to 3000!!!!
 
i think this movie is goin to be great..there is alot of action,drauma n some other stuff.....i mean come on wen we watch it were goin to be at the edge of our seats..i know i will....anyways w/e happens happens right???
 
I'm almost positive they will remain true to the iconography of the first two movies, namely with the Xavier voice-over leading into a CG title sequence, finished with the Cerebro doors closing & the zoom to a blue scene.

It would be disrespectful to the tradition established by Singer in the first two movies, and since Ratner and Singer are friends, it would make sense for Ratner to pay homage to his predecessor.

With the metalled-up Marvel logo, I think the practice of a unique Marvel intro began with Hulk, which featured rapid-fire scenes from the Hulk comic, fading to a green background. Spider-Man 1 and 2, while not showing Spidey comic panels exclusively (rather they seem to be random panels from throughout the Marvel catalogue), have established the red background. F4 had F4 panels and then a blue colour, so really the only other choice for background colour of the X3 Marvel logo is yellow, which would seem rather jarring and out of place considering the visual tone of the first two movies. I like the metal logo, but I'm convinced the other opening sequences will remain true to form.

As you said, it'd be like Star Wars without the green-gold LucasArts logo & "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..." set to the 20th Century Fox fanfare. It just wouldn't feel to the audience like a real contribution to the series.
 
lmao that woudlnt make much sense, they are respecting it.....and thats not the way to do it, any human could tel ya that, there will be a cool opening CGI and vioce over i bet, even a cerebro door, but im sure they might mix it up somehow while still staying traditional




THE BIG WORRYING POINT IS THE ELUMINATED X IN THE FOX LOGO BEFORE ANYTHING! lol
 
good point, Hal... but seriously - would you even care that much after seeing the entire movie?
 
The Original Bamfer said:
I'm sorry Nell, but that was a waste of a thread... :confused:

Either way - it won't bother me too much... Uh :confused:

I couldn't disagree more, Original Bamfer. Nell brings up a great point that hasn't been touched upon lately. I know I would be disappointed if it didn't open with Xavier's monologue and Cerebro's doors. I would also like another voice over at the end (like Jean's in X2), but, hey, that's just me.
 
Aiden said:
I think it will be cerebro and it will open out on the hubcap of the car Xavier and Erik are driving

So close to 3000!!!!

that...that right there is how exactly it should be!!!!:up: :up: :up: :up:
 
Aiden said:
I think it will be cerebro and it will open out on the hubcap of the car Xavier and Erik are driving

So close to 3000!!!!
Congrats on 3k, Aiden :)

The idea of zooming from Cerebro to Xavier/Erik's hubcap is highly likely, since we've heard that will be one of the first scenes... Angel in 1985 would be too young to have grown his wings, so it makes sense they'd start with the Jean Grey sequence.

Don't worry, Spidey, I'm sure we won't be disappointed by lingering yellow X's :)
 
The Original Bamfer said:
good point, Hal... but seriously - would you even care that much after seeing the entire movie?
Well, no, but it's nice to remain true to form... why have the same type of intro for the first two movies and then change it? It works just fine, and people seem to like it.
 
Halcohol said:
Congrats on 3k, Aiden :)

The idea of zooming from Cerebro to Xavier/Erik's hubcap is highly likely, since we've heard that will be one of the first scenes... Angel in 1985 would be too young to have grown his wings, so it makes sense they'd start with the Jean Grey sequence.

Don't worry, Spidey, I'm sure we won't be disappointed by lingering yellow X's :)
Thanks
 
Spidey 2007 said:
THE BIG WORRYING PIONT IS THE ELUMINATED X IN THE FOX LOGO BEFORE ANYTHING! lol

Actually, I forget if it was Penn or Kinberg, but one of them stated that the "X" in Fox will be the last thing to fade, just like the other 2 movies.
 
tell you what, when I was at the cineman to see X2, they didnt even have the marvel logo.

and i have X-Men 1 on dvd (original 2001 dvd) and there's no marvel logo at the start, but the X2 dvd has it.

So this will be the first time for me the Marvel logo comes up in front of an X-Film.

But yeah, the cerebro door is like the X-007.
 
Spidey 2007 said:
lmao that woudlnt make much sense, they are respecting it.....and thats not the way to do it, any human could tel ya that, there will be a cool opening CGI and vioce over i bet, even a cerebro door, but im sure they might mix it up somehow while still staying traditional

Well, I'm sure they will have the CGI intro... the CGI intro is a standard in ALL Marvel movies. Every single Marvel movie to come out (except for the 1st "Blade") had it.

I'm just worried that the "Marvel" logo will be their Cerebro door this time around.
 
Nell2ThaIzzay said:
Actually, I forget if it was Penn or Kinberg, but one of them stated that the "X" in Fox will be the last thing to fade, just like the other 2 movies.


oaky then now take THAT...and think about it.....if they care to do THAT wouldnt they care to stay true to opening form? answer is yes! :up:

thanks for that info too!:up:
 
I think we've heard part of what Xavier's opening monologue will be in the teaser/TV spots...
 
SingItWithMeNow said:
tell you what, when I was at the cineman to see X2, they didnt even have the marvel logo.

and i have X-Men 1 on dvd (original 2001 dvd) and there's no marvel logo at the start, but the X2 dvd has it.

So this will be the first time for me the Marvel logo comes up in front of an X-Film.

But yeah, the cerebro door is like the X-007.

The Marvel logo was in front of X2.

It wasn't in front of X-Men though, because the Marvel logo didn't exist yet. I don't think they started using it until Blade 2. Unless Spiderman came first, because I think Spiderman had it.

But it was in front of X2, I know that for a fact.
 
Nell2ThaIzzay said:
Well, I'm sure they will have the CGI intro... the CGI intro is a standard in ALL Marvel movies. Every single Marvel movie to come out (except for the 1st "Blade") had it.

I'm just worried that the "Marvel" logo will be their Cerebro door this time around.

no, that would be terrible, if they had a CGI opening after a vioce over....and then BAM outta nowhere a gay marvel logo...thats just not right because THEN you have a marvel logo inside the movie(started movie) wich is bad.
 
The Original Bamfer said:
I think we've heard part of what Xavier's opening monologue will be in the teaser/TV spots...

I wouldn't be surprised, because Xavier's monologue from X2 was in the first trailer for that movie, too.
 
Spidey 2007 said:
no, that would be terrible, if they had a CGI opening after a vioce over....and then BAM outta nowhere a gay marvel logo...thats just not right because THEN you have a marvel logo inside the movie(started movie) wich is bad.

Well, I'd envision it more like, they do the Marvel logo, then go to the CGI intro through the "R", and then just start the movie.

But I could be wrong. It's just a theory I came up with, because I remember asking Kinberg about it, and he said they wanted to respect the franchise, but also make it unique.
 
Nell2ThaIzzay said:
The Marvel logo was in front of X2.

It wasn't in front of X-Men though, because the Marvel logo didn't exist yet. I don't think they started using it until Blade 2. Unless Spiderman came first, because I think Spiderman had it.

But it was in front of X2, I know that for a fact.

again, tehres no othrer way to use this marvel logo, absolutely no other way, they only use it in the trailers for that effect, trailers always show the companies name liek after its started a little bit, look its hard to explain, but really....how are you worrying about THIS OF ALL THINGS, lol! seriously, it isnt possible to do that amrvel logo as the "cerebro door"
 
what will the CGI be this time? it was an intergalactic woman in X2, and genetic-cellular brain stuff in X1...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"