I have a fetish for the JAWS ride :(

4) for some reason the jurassic park rides (both orlando and hollywood) have never scared me, yet the Dinosaur ride at Disney's animal kingdom, petrified me. It had a giant dino running after you, litterally chasing the vehicle, lots of pitch darkness with a dino popping up in your face... etc etc... and is probably the scariest theme park ride ever to me. lol

You've been on countless roller coasters, yet the Dinosaur Ride at Animal Kingdom is the scariest ride to you? :wow::o

That ride is nothing compared to all those roller coasters. lol.

I'm a Universal boy but Twilight Zone has always been my fave

Simpsons is the exact same ride as Back to the Future; Screen Adventure. Same movements at the exact same times with an added effect of baby's breath, Back to the Future just seemed to involve a bit more of a creative process imho.

good.. i'm not missing out on anything then.

Why is it always 'CashForStash' that makes "these" types of threads... :dry:

:woot:

Not exactly a fetish, but a weird kind of love. Seriously I can not go an hour without thinking about JAWS or the JAWS ride. It is my dream to go on the island on the JAWS ride, and at the moment I am trying to recreate the burnt shark smell on the ride. I am simply in awe with it.

The neighbour hood I live in reminds me of JAWS because of the tree's and old fashioned houses and such :). Also I am going to Marthas Vineyard next summer for a JAWS convention called JAWS Fest.

So what are your thoughts?

**also, I watch Jaws at least 4 or 5 times a week :)

Images from www.amityboattours.com (A website dedicated to the JAWS ride in Florida)
x2w17d.jpg

30jk3h0.jpg

2568k76.jpg

2gxgrkm.jpg
Jesus, go talk to a girl or something. Please. :csad:

I am so geeked for the Harry Potter amusement park they're building. :D

But the coolest thing about Universal Studios is the Jurassic Park side. I love all the rides and the whole "real" dino thing is cool. :o Also the Jaws ride is okay. They need to update that and the Mummy ride sucks.

I live near Cedar Point. All your roller coaster parks suck comparatively.

Unless you also live near Cedar Point.

I waited two hours in the heat and humidity only to be let down when I finally got my ass on that horrible ride. :down

I am so geeked for the Harry Potter amusement park they're building. :D
So far it's looking good. Hogwarts is gonna be taller than Cinderella's castle at Disney.:oldrazz:
And talk going around is that the Harry Potter ride they're putting in is supposed to be a sorta new age kind of ride, like something that hasn't been done before or something. I'm intrigued to find out what it could be, and rumor is the ride's going to be based off Quidditch.:up:
But the coolest thing about Universal Studios is the Jurassic Park side. I love all the rides and the whole "real" dino thing is cool. :o Also the Jaws ride is okay. They need to update that and the Mummy ride sucks.
Honestly, even though I like the Mummy, I want King Kong back; that ride really scared me and it was beautifully designed.
I waited two hours in the heat and humidity only to be let down when I finally got my ass on that horrible ride. :down
Haha yeah, I refuse to wait more than 45 minutes for any ride unless it's a peak season

Last edited:
I live near Cedar Point. All your roller coaster parks suck comparatively.

Unless you also live near Cedar Point.

Magic Mountain and Cedar Point Tie imo, there each others biggest competition, always trying to out do the other.

The ride wasn't that good anyway. This is coming from a huge Jaws fan. I waited in a croweded ass line for a long time with those annoying tv's playing over and over. The shark was kinda scary, but the ride was so damn predictable.

Of course, this is from the one in Florida.

You've been on countless roller coasters, yet the Dinosaur Ride at Animal Kingdom is the scariest ride to you? :wow::o

That ride is nothing compared to all those roller coasters. lol.

coasters don't scare me... pitch blackness and things popping out of you, and literally chasing you... scare the hell out of me (i don't do haunted houses for this reason) but i've ridden some of the tallest, and fastest coasters in the world, i love em

The ride wasn't that good anyway. This is coming from a huge Jaws fan. I waited in a croweded ass line for a long time with those annoying tv's playing over and over. The shark was kinda scary, but the ride was so damn predictable.

The one in Hollywood, isn't even a ride.. u gove over a bridge in your studio tour cart, and jaws pops out, thats it.

I went on Jaws once, the one in Florida as well, and the "actor" who was our tour guide was off the mark when it came to shooting at the shark. Every time he would shoot his gun the resulting effect happened about 10 seconds later. :o I think if he was on the mark more it would have been a better ride.

I agree, the actor's are what makes the ride for me really; the sfx only work in entertainment before you realize other rides are better, but if you get a good actor for your ride, it's a whole lot better.

The one in Hollywood, isn't even a ride.. u gove over a bridge in your studio tour cart, and jaws pops out, thats it.

When I was really little my parents took me to Universal Studios in Hollywood once. I was really excited for he Jaws part of the studio tour, but it was broken that day, made me really sad/angry, the one thing I wanted to see being broken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"