Batman Begins I have something you never heard before

Arkard

Civilian
Reaction score
Christian Bale has ugly lips.
Yup, simple as that. So I was sitting in my arm chair, watching Begins for the 20th time, you know how it is, catchibg every small detail, knowing all the lines by heart, but when you actually can look past such trivial things as the plot or characters (cause you already know them all) you start to notice the smaller things, that in the long run, if they were ever noticed, could become annoying.
And Bale's lips are one of them. Take the scene in Gordon's office, where Bale is threatening him with a stapler. His lips are accentuated by the mask he almost looks comical. And also, they were the only thing that kept the Begins Batman from looking perfect. I can look past the not so squar jaw (;)), but the lips just bothered me. They are... kinda feminine. Kinda wrong for Batman.

I remember some BB pic where Batman looked like having pink lipstick on.

Other than that... I can't believe I'm replying this thread.

His lips aren't feminine at all, they're very thin, which is the opposite of what feminine lips are. I agree they look weird though. But hardly enough to ruin his look as Batman - the fugly cowl does that.

The title thread is very misleading and who cares if his lips are small, big, ugly, nice etc... I thought we might see something like Nolan decided to give us onother Director's cut.

Actually, I have read someone else on here complaining about Bale's lips. No offense, but I think it's pretty ridiculous that something like that could bother you.:huh:

I've heard this before.

Only instead of "ugly", the poster said his lips looked "faggy"........homophoic, he seemed.

Ya know.....one could argue that Keaton's lips were distracting. That guy has such distinct lips, it's what seems to make and break any drawing I've seen made of him.

Well guys, this is what happens when you've watched the movie from ANY and EVERY angle there is. So you start noticing the smaller things: the small inner structures of alleys, what veggies go in a Gotham falafel, and Bale's lips.
Note that it cannot ruin the movie at this point, where you already have it in high regard as the second best Bat movie.

I am so making a thread titled "Batman needs ****** lips!"

This is why freedom of speech is great

Yeah his lips looked weird in the cowl. Many actually commented on how he looked like he was holding water in his mouth in the movie.

Yeah....so many did. I mean, they're like a dime a dozen. There's more threads like this one, when you think about it.

And unicorns still exist.

My wife has a hang up about his teeth, she noticed it the first time we saw it, women are like that, And after watching it over 20 times, I still don't know what she's talking about.

And why hasn't anyone mentioned Keaton's puckered portrayal?
And Kilmer looked like he was ready to plant a smacker on some one too.

This reminds me of how so many people want Jolie to play Catwoman.

All you'd have to do is take one look at Catwoman with those smackers and go "Selina?"

I remember some BB pic where Batman looked like having pink lipstick on.

Other than that... I can't believe I'm replying this thread.

well, the thing is... he was wearing pink lipstick..

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"