The Winter Soldier I hope the next Captain America movie is a bit deeper then the first one

The Overlord

Superhero
Reaction score
The first Captain America, to me seemed like a silly action adventure, that downplayed some of the horror of WWII in exchange to make for a more light hearted action flick. I hope the next movie is a bit deeper, there have been some interesting themes developed in the Captain America comics, like the idea that the American reality doesn't always reflect the American dream. Combine that with the man out of time angle and I think you would have a deeper film.

I would say if anything made Captain America earn less than other Marvel comic book films it was definetly the 'we don't want to scare the audience' feel so I agree, the next one should have more to it.

I mean, Brubaker's run had so much going for it. It wasn't only exciting it also talked about the role of patriotism for any country in the modern world. I have no idea why they stripped that out especially when dealing with something as fasinating as World War II.

The first Captain America, to me seemed like a silly action adventure, that downplayed some of the horror of WWII in exchange to make for a more light hearted action flick. I hope the next movie is a bit deeper, there have been some interesting themes developed in the Captain America comics, like the idea that the American reality doesn't always reflect the American dream. Combine that with the man out of time angle and I think you would have a deeper film.

I get what you're saying, I think. I think it should have been more of a WW2 movie with Captain America in it than a Captain America movie in WW2. I don't think you would have had to sacrifice anything too much in terms of Steve Rogers or pre-war type of stuff that they showed.

. Not saying it had to be 'Saving Private Ryan' but I think the fact that it was WW2 should have been more prevalent.

I guess overall it should have been more of a true war movie which I think would have made Captain America EVEN MORE effective than he was

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed CA:TFA, but I agree. It, along with all of the other MCU films, could use more depth. I feel Evans is getting even more comfortable in the role after TA, so here's to a great sequel.

I liked TFA, but I still think a straight-up "Saving Private Ryan" style movie with Cap in the middle of the s**t would've been amaaaazing.
Just harsh and brutal and really showing what he went through...
Although I guess that might've just been too depressing, especially if the ending was still as somber as TFA's

You gotta show though that Captain America is then figure of hope in how bright he is. So I think going with that was fine for the first film. Now throw then man in the S**t in modern times. They better break out the last decade of Captain America comics for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"