First Avenger Captain America: Super Soldier (The Video Game)

In the second video link I provided the guy actually says "We specifically tried to stay away from the nazi idea"

I find that really annoying. And no I don't have a hard-on for nazis, just doesn't make sense to me to ignore them completely in a WW2 game.

True. But seeing how the Hydra guys are a major part of the plot, I could see why they just stuck with them and not use Nazis.

Of course, kids are going to play this.

Heh the videos remind me Kind of Silent hill lol
I like this game too. Hope to eventually get it with Thor too.

In the second video link I provided the guy actually says "We specifically tried to stay away from the nazi idea"

I find that really annoying. And no I don't have a hard-on for nazis, just doesn't make sense to me to ignore them completely in a WW2 game.

Yeah, I hear ya. Feel the same way.
I guess they want to stay away from the real World War events and have Cap battle the Marvel version of Nazis.
They didn't want to have Cap storm the beaches of Normandy out of respect for the guys who actually did and didn't have a superhero to back them up.

The whole Nazi idea is even more sensitive in video games than in movies. I remember that in the version of 'The Saboteur' game (which was great and I recommend to everyone) I played, all swastika insignia and banners were replaced with crosses. Wasn't too happy 'bout that either.

Ah well, it doesn't change anything really. I just hope the game will be as fun to play as Arkham Asylum was. No one at Sega tries to deny that they wanted to create that kind of game.

They only thing that worries me is that there are still some graphical bugs that pop up in the latest versions of they game they've shown.

We'll know soon enough I guess.
In any case, I'm buying it first chance I got, that's fer sure! :D

True. But seeing how the Hydra guys are a major part of the plot, I could see why they just stuck with them and not use Nazis.

Of course, kids are going to play this.
What does kids playing have to do with Nazi's in/not in Cap?
I would rather that part be historically correct to some point for my kids. Tho it is a game and not a movie I think either way is that big of a deal having them or not.

Oh, I don't mind Hydra being the central focus.
Regular Nazis are below Cap, but to have Hydra completely separated from Nazism, as if they'd not have a swastika hanging somewhere on/in the castle or paintings of Hitler, even if the Hydra wanted to do its own thing they'd still pay tribute to their funders as to not end up having to fight a battle on two fronts.

Hitler was a megalomaniac, there is no way he'd have an offshoot of Nazism and not have it conform to his specifications, and since Hydra is basically playing them they'd not be so stupid as to make it obvious they are rebelling and doing their own thing.

What does kids playing have to do with Nazi's in/not in Cap?
I would rather that part be historically correct to some point for my kids. Tho it is a game and not a movie I think either way is that big of a deal having them or not.

They wouldn't try to put something like that in a game that wasn't strictly geared towards the Teen audience rating. I too would want it to be correct, but younger kids wouldn't know what a Nazi is, nor are they learning about it in school yet. It's too much history for them at that age.

It's all marketing. That's what it boils down to.

Good find! The game really is starting to look better and better. I love the noise the shield makes, and I think the combat looks really good as well. Glad you actually deflect stuff with the shield, I was worried about them overlooking that. The one thing I would want is an open to be able to walk with the Shield on your arm, and not on your back all the time. Makes for easier dodging, but oh well.

It looks good!!!! I have to admit for a Saga game; the problem is that I said the exact same thing about the first Iron Man game...... then there was the Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor and so on and so forth. You can imagine my disappointment. LOL :oldrazz: I might be biased though because this reminds me so much of Return to Castle Wolfenstein to me and that was one of my more favorite games when I was kid.

Do they have a demo out for this? I think if I actually played it a bit I'd have a more better view on this.

No demo out yet. Not sure if they are going to put out one. Only the 2 Iron Man games have had demos released.

4e13524d7dc98.jpg

Zola and Skull!

Sweeeet...
Almost there, guys... Almost there...

Good find! The game really is starting to look better and better. I love the noise the shield makes, and I think the combat looks really good as well. Glad you actually deflect stuff with the shield, I was worried about them overlooking that. The one thing I would want is an open to be able to walk with the Shield on your arm, and not on your back all the time. Makes for easier dodging, but oh well.
hehe MY kids knew of Nazi's ahead of time because of Indiana Jones. :D

No problem, Vartha :)
I can barely stand the wait for the video game (let alone the movie) so sometimes I just start browsing the net for some images I haven't seen before.

I particularly like the concept art of the trenches. Looking forward to play in that environment. :D

I am too, I like that kind of game where you can somewhat wander around.

The story is great & the gameplay is superb (that might save the game from being another unsuccessful movie tie-in), but man... the graphics are really terrible. Especially in that sequence with two soldiers talking (their faces, ughh).

Yeah, the graphics aren't good... but the dialogue, the gameplay all look fab, so I'm not regretting my pre-order in the least :)

(Having Chris Evans voice on it definitely does not hurt /shallow)

Just got my PS3 version from the store near work... YAAAAAY!!!
Can't wait to try it out tonight! :D

mine.jpg

They also had the DS version but I'm gonna wait for the 3DS version later this year.

Last edited:
I played it for a couple of hours last night and it's really really cool! I'm impressed! Looks beautiful and plays smoothly.
It's as cool as it looked in the videos, which was a relief since that's not always the case with video games...;)

Maybe it's no Arkham Asylum, bit in my opinion it's pretty dang close! :D

Now go get it y'all! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"