First Avenger Captain America: Super Soldier (The Video Game)

RealIrOnMaN

Shellhead
Reaction score
movie_cap_front_ff.jpg

Marvel’s Iconic Super Hero Captain America Will Star in Original WWII Video Game Adventure - Captain America: Super Soldier.

Penned by Marvel Scribe Christos Gage, Captain America: Super Soldier Lets Players Become Captain America, the Ultimate Super-Soldier, Facing the Red Skull and His Forces.

SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON – October 5, 2010 – SEGA® of America, Inc and SEGA®, Europe Ltd. today announced they will bring Marvel Entertainment’s famed Super Hero franchise Captain America™ to video game systems in an original WWII adventure, Captain America: Super Soldier.

The title is scheduled for release in 2011 on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, PSP® (PlayStation® Portable) system, Wii™ and Nintendo DS™.

Players will become Captain America as he faces the Red Skull and his army in an epic third- person action adventure set in the darkest days of World War II.

Wielding Captain America’s legendary shield, gamers will engage in free-flowing combat and acrobatic platforming to infiltrate Hydra’s mysterious castle and battle the infamous Iron Cross, the forces of Hydra, and a host of nefarious enemies serving the Red Skull.

As the First Avenger himself, players must defeat the evil scientist Arnim Zola and his wartime experiments, combining powerful melee combos and shield attacks to devastating effect.

Captain America: Super Soldier combines a highly athletic combat system with fluid platforming and a highly tuned suite of shield attacks, as Cap explores a massive castle turned military installation.

His shield can be employed in numerous ways: taking out multiple enemies at once, deflecting incoming fire back at enemies, solving puzzles, and scaling walls.

Players will be able to launch shield-first into the fray with the superior force of the world’s first Super-Soldier at their fingertips—and they’ll need every bit of that strength to overcome a castle that’s both an acrobatic playground for the Captain’s physical prowess and a house of mystery with enemies and danger at every turn.

The original story for Captain America: Super Soldier is being penned by noted comic, film, and TV writer Christos Gage.

Gage wrote his original story for Captain America: Super Soldier so that the setting exists within the same world as the upcoming movie of the same name, but he infused the game with immersive twists designed to enhance gameplay with all-new cinematic action sequences.

heheh I like the part about his shield being employed in numerous ways...like they are being so inventive. Taking on multiple enemies...AT ONCE?? WOW! :p

Awesome. I like the mention of free form combat and acrobatics. Reminds me of the Arkham Asylum combat, which I loved

It certainly looks good. Lets hope it's at least as good as Wolverine's movie game, which I thought was quite good if not perfect.

Also, I just noticed the Hyrda belt buckle on the soldier in the bottom pic.

SEGA :(

The only question is which'll be worse, this or the Thor game

is this game based on the movie? if so i wonder if that costume will show up. looks kinda snazzy. game will probably be average at best unfortunately.

is this game based on the movie? if so i wonder if that costume will show up. looks kinda snazzy. game will probably be average at best unfortunately.
Maybe it's a skin or alternate suit?

+ yeah, the graphics are on IM2: The Video Game level, which isn't a good thing.

Maybe it's a skin or alternate suit?

+ yeah, the graphics are on IM2: The Video Game level, which isn't a good thing.
thats what im wondering. but its the only suit hes wearing in the screenshots. hmm. interesting. heres the concept art for Arnim Zola.
arnim_zola_turn.jpg

id be ok if that Zola shows up in the movie. VERY ok. lol

But from the sounds of it has a original idea and not really based on the movie, so it has potential to be better than the Iron Man's games at least, not crossing my finger for it though. I probably would end up renting it the game just to play as Cap.

Nice Arnim)) Hydra logo is everywheeeeeerrrreeee!!!

ok, didnt notice the Hydra logo at first. sweet!

Honestly, I want to know how Marvel can think that the quality of the Iron Man and Incredible Hulk games was acceptable enough to let Sega keep making their movie-tie-in games. Iron Man 2 is absolutely HORRENDOUS and should have been CANCELED, but Sega in their greed decided to release it anyway even though the quality on it was completely unacceptable for a $60 game. I want to know what idiot at Marvel played Sega's Iron Man and Hulk games and said "These are GREAT! Let's sell them the rights for Thor and Captain America, too!"

SEGA :(

The only question is which'll be worse, this or the Thor game

I completely agree with you on this, due to the fact that SEGA's last couple of attempts at doing videogames based on Marvel characters have been subpar. Iron Man 2 was worse than the first Iron Man game, The Incredible Hulk was just a watered down version of Ultimate Destruction. I really want this game to be good, but the fact in knowing that SEGA is handling it only spells garbage for Cap

Agreed! Since Activision lost their rights (except Spider-Man license) in making Marvel games to Sega - everything went baaaad and crappy.

I heard, that Sega's partnership with Marvel will hold 'till 2015 or '17, I'm not sure about this one, but if it's true, then there will be no good Marvel games 'till god knows when.

Honestly, I want to know how Marvel can think that the quality of the Iron Man and Incredible Hulk games was acceptable enough to let Sega keep making their movie-tie-in games. Iron Man 2 is absolutely HORRENDOUS and should have been CANCELED, but Sega in their greed decided to release it anyway even though the quality on it was completely unacceptable for a $60 game. I want to know what idiot at Marvel played Sega's Iron Man and Hulk games and said "These are GREAT! Let's sell them the rights for Thor and Captain America, too!"
The rights were sold as a package deal before the first Iron Man game, they have to let the terms of their contract expire. They can't just breach their contract based on the quality of the previous games

Things to expect from the game

-terrible voice acting
-horrible cutscenes
-uninspired boss fights
-repetitive combat
-repetitive missions
-small ties to the film
-villains that were not in the film in the game
-relatively short length

At least thats the list of things I think will get the game a bad score once the reviews hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"