I Know What You Did Last Summer

Man in the Suit

We're the Ones Who Live
Reaction score
James Wan Directing ‘I Know What You Did Last Summer’ Pilot for Amazon!
James Wan (Saw, Insidious, The Conjuring, Aquaman) has been quietly location scouting over the past week for an unlisted shoot this coming fall. Deadline learned today that he’s getting back behind the camera to shoot the pilot for a new series based on the famous 1997 slasher film I Know What You Did Last Summer.

Prolific producer Neal H. Moritz has signed a new three-year overall deal with Sony Pictures Television for his Original Film banner with I Know What You Did Last Summer being one of the projects.

The series is set up at Amazon and described as “a young adult horror series based on the Moritz-produced hit movie franchise.” Shay Hatten is writing the pilot.

“[But] you absolutely do not have to have seen the movie or anything else to be a fan of the show. We have eight episodes to explore these characters who are not just running from a stalker, they are also having relationships and having issues with their families, and they are dealing with their ****ing lives. There’s more than just the mystery of who’s after them. It’s very much a mystery of who they really are.”

Zzzzzzzzz

I'm going to give this a chance atleast the first episode, but I'm not impressed by anything I'm hearng or seeing from this so far, especially those pics which just looks like something from a show on the CW.

Now, maybe this could surprise like the Scream show that was on MTV some years ago, but even that went downhill after the first two seasons and Amazon Prime doesn't have the best track record either.

Oh well I'll reserve more judgement until I see somekind of trailer.

Just watched the first episode. Man, the inciting incident is so much more ****ed up than the original movie. Kind of rooting for the eventual killer, to be honest.

The set up of the episode was great. The lead up to the accident was perfect. I suspected one of the twins was going to be the victim. And the way they didn't say her name at the start was great. You are lead to believe it is Allison in the future, and then they started dropping details and you lean back toward Lennon. And then the switch happened. Wonderful. Also, man, their father is terrible if Allison was able to keep up that charade

This is so bad. Characters are bland as hell. The kills happen off screen. No one is even that likable.

I will say, the second episode did answer my main issue with the reveal at the end of the first episode.

Though now I have someone new at the top of my "hope dies horribly" list.

This is so bad. Characters are bland as hell. The kills happen off screen. No one is even that likable.
Just caught up on this series today and can completely agree, none of the characters are likable. Spoiler conversation for those who are watching it
it's obvious that this is some sort of cult/wicker man type of deal.. right? I thought it was obvious after the first episode it would be the sister, but after the latest reveal it's very obvious it's the woman and this group of weirdos with their midsommar thing, and the dad is aware of all of this too..?
I'll be tuning in to the rest of this series just because I want to see if my guesses are correct. The characters are awful though and I am not rooting for anyone to survive, which kind of weakens this show.

Finished it. It was a TV show, thats for sure. I am curious what they would do with a season 2.

Also, the finale credits scene explaining the kills was great.

This show doesn't deserve a Season 2 IMO, but I'd honestly be somewhat curious about it just to see what kind of insane crap they will introduce next after how that last episode ended.

Besides most of the characters being awful, unlikable people I also found it strange how this had absolutely nothing to do with any of the movies and is only connected in name only which made it feel even more pointless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"