BvS IF Christian Bale returns as Batman... - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you explain it? Does he recover his fortune lost in the stock market scheme Bane pulled? Is JGL filling in as Batman or Nightwing, how is that going? Why does he come out of retirement? How much time in the film do you spend explaining all of this? What is your best storyline / fanfiction for this?

To everyone holding out hope that Bale will return:

post-21259-Hope-is-a-dangerous-thing-gif-WlVk.gif

True. But, remember how it ended......

shawshank-redemption.-good-thing-quotes.gif

:cwink:

How do you explain it? Does he recover his fortune lost in the stock market scheme Bane pulled? Is JGL filling in as Batman or Nightwing, how is that going? Why does he come out of retirement? How much time in the film do you spend explaining all of this? What is your best storyline / fanfiction for this?
Bruce has off-shore accounts im sure. Plus Fox said they can prove fraud, Wayne Enterprises will be fine. JGL is protecting Gotham, done. He comes out of retirement not for selfish reasons but to tend to this dangerous alien. All would be explained in the first act and briefly while the main focus is on Clark/Lois at Daily Planet + Lex pointing the finger at Superman for all of Metropolis' destruction. The first half of the movie writes itself. I doubt we'll see the Batman/Superman fight til the end of the movie anyway.

This thread should have been titled, "If Christian Bale Doesn't Return as Batman".

Then I could have said, I blow up a hospital.

If we look at the Batman Bale played, maybe we don't want him back. I was a firm believer that the only way this movie works was with Bale. Then I watched the DKR and went to the cheap theater to watch MOS again.

As fans we would have to comprise with Fox or Lex building a suit for Batman, because Bruce never really made any tech. Additionally, the fighting style is so different. in TDKT so Snyder will have to slow down the action to contend with the types of action that Nolan portrayed. Finally, we don't really get the detective type Batman, hell Blake was twice the detective, realizing Bruce was Batman from the look on Bruce's face.

As long as they cast someone younger, so half the GA doesn't think the WB just did a recast when they see Batman coming out of retirement. If they are going with someone older, I still prefer Bale and Nolan would have to be highly involved in script and production to make these two world's co-exist. JL would be totally out of the picture, because what skills does Bale's Batman have to offer the JL. Bale would be reduced to the role Captain America played in Avengers rather than a Tony Stark, and I don't want to see that.

Last edited:
If we look at the Batman Bale played, maybe we don't want him back. I was a firm believer that the only way this movie works was with Bale. Then I watched the DKR and went to the cheap theater to watch MOS again.

As fans we would have to comprise with Fox or Lex building a suit for Batman, because Bruce never really made any tech. Additionally, the fighting style is so different. in TDKT so Snyder will have to slow down the action to contend with the types of action that Nolan portrayed. Finally, we don't really get the detective type Batman, hell Blake was twice the detective, realizing Bruce was Batman from the look on Bruce's face.

As long as they cast someone younger, so half the GA doesn't think the WB just did a recast when they see Batman coming out of retirement. If they are going with someone older, I still prefer Bale and Nolan would have to be highly involved in script and production to make these two world's co-exist. JL would be totally out of the picture, because what skills does Bale's Batman have to offer the JL. Bale would be reduced to the role Captain America played in Avengers rather than a Tony Stark, and I don't want to see that.

Dude, that's harsh. I liked that Bale's Wayne isn't a weapons engineer, as well as a ninja and detective. Probably the most unbelievable thing about Batman is that a man could master so many different fields (unless you accept that Bruce Wayne has an IQ of around 180+) and be a natural athlete. Don't get me wrong, there are people like that, but they're rare. But hey, it's a comic book (although I suppose Nolan was trying to ground the series in the real world, making Wayne the muscle and Fox the tech support works - it certainly works in the tv show Person of Interest, which I think is a different take on a similar idea -kind of Batman meets the equalizer. )

On that note, Bale's Batman did work out how to reconstruct a bullet, using Fox's sonar tech and worked out how to extrapolate the sonar imaging /cell phone technique he used at the end of the film -to spy on the whole city.
While he probably didn't do all the engineering, seeing the potential application
shows a very creative mind.

I think your reducing Batman to Captain America's role is harsh, because while cap is a skilled fighter and tactician, Batman has overcome a lot more trauma.
(I'm not really a fan of Captain America, so I'm biased).

In terms of skills BM offers the JL, he's a nearly unbeatable hand-to-hand combatant (remember the bit near the end of DKR when he takes out 7 armed thugs), and he's got enough gadgets to keep up with Tony Stark. But also,
Batman finds a way to overcome, the seemingly insurmountable -usually through a combination of brains and willpower, and often anger.

True, it would be good to see more of the Batman as an unbeatable strategist
(more of the "World's most dangerous man" as Supes called him in Morrison's great JLA story, hell Bats took out five white martians with a pack of matches) . When Bats has kicked Supes' butt, it's been through planning and preparation, and cunning. Anyway, Bale's Batman wasn't quite that cunning
(walked right into Bane's lair, without any recon, and got his ass kicked ).

So, I could see the Nolan/Bale Batman being of use to the JL, but you're probably right, it'll be a different version of Batman. Still, as you say it would be great to see whatever world unfolds co-exist with Nolan's Batman's world.

peace.

How is this thread even still active?

It'll be active until there's an official announcement on a new actor.

Bull.

You know we'll still be talking about him returning in the next 20 years or something. We refuse to let go :oldrazz:

I gurantee you if an announcement comes saying another actor has begun talks,

People will hold out hope because its early negotiations and if the negotiations collapse, you watch this thread go crazy.

Bull.

You know we'll still be talking about him returning in the next 20 years or something. We refuse to let go :oldrazz:
Oh, damn straight. I just meant for this section of the boards, for this movie. But in other sections, yeah we'll still talk about it. And honestly, I think it's always possible that the reboot runs itself into the ground in 10 to 15 years and WB come crawling back to Bale/Nolan for a Batman Beyond or something.

If Bale doesn't do this movie it's because he doesn't want to do a shared universe where he's teaming up with supernatural beings, fighting aliens for a cashgrab. He already said he would return to a 4th if Nolan had a story and had his own idea at one point to make another movie (I was thinking he either meant in between the 8 year gap or as Blake's mentor). SO, him turning down this film has more to do with quality and what kind of movie they want to do. Not because he simply "doesn't want to do anymore movies no matter what, the 3rd is the end!". That's just not true. He would if it was the right story.

The announcement is official shauner.

Now let's close all these stupid Christian Bale threads and send them to the Phantom Zone.

I don't believe it's Affleck. ..it's Bale in disguise :o

When Affleck makes this movie bomb critically, they'll come crawling back to Bale :lmao:

By that point he'll tell them to shove the pointy eared cowl up their asses :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"